Any news on the Patch for 19th ?

#42 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

By my count, it's currently around 2 minutes and 55 seconds from leaving a match until the supply cache progress window pops up.

#43 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 April 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

Yeah it has been fun finding out which players are actually skilled and who aren't. It is always fun when a player who is used to being carried by a group, whines and cries and makes excuses when they find out that they really aren't that good. Aside from a few matches where I just played very poorly, every MechWarrior who has beaten me is legitimately very skilled with the Mech that they pilot.

Yep, in Solaris, you legitimately are just outplayed.one thing I also like is it incentivizes the quick kill. people who tend to think legging is a good kill tactic and don't have a build meant for it (looking at you, eight LB2 dire wolves) often tend to get their butts kicked by the guy they're attempting to leg because their opponent is going for their CT, which will KILL them. lot of pilots tend to forget Legs often have just as much armor as a CT, don't mount weapons, and you have to take off two to kill a mech. much easier to just Core them and get it over with.

that said, in a mirror match, say, between Yen-Los or Hunchbacks, you usually wanna start with that right side just to put most of their big weapons out of commission quickly.

I also like how it also incentivizes learning how to properly deal with RACs or MRMs. both of them are terrifyingly effective weapons, on Semi-stationary targets. if you actually use your mech like a MECH (i.e. actually firing on the move) and not a turret, you actually tend to be fine in anything that can go at least 81kph, due to being able to duck behind some cover, or at least avoid taking the full brunt of the volley or burst aimed at you.

#44 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 19 April 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Yep, in Solaris, you legitimately are just outplayed.one thing I also like is it incentivizes the quick kill. people who tend to think legging is a good kill tactic and don't have a build meant for it (looking at you, eight LB2 dire wolves) often tend to get their butts kicked by the guy they're attempting to leg because their opponent is going for their CT, which will KILL them. lot of pilots tend to forget Legs often have just as much armor as a CT, don't mount weapons, and you have to take off two to kill a mech. much easier to just Core them and get it over with.

that said, in a mirror match, say, between Yen-Los or Hunchbacks, you usually wanna start with that right side just to put most of their big weapons out of commission quickly.

I also like how it also incentivizes learning how to properly deal with RACs or MRMs. both of them are terrifyingly effective weapons, on Semi-stationary targets. if you actually use your mech like a MECH (i.e. actually firing on the move) and not a turret, you actually tend to be fine in anything that can go at least 81kph, due to being able to duck behind some cover, or at least avoid taking the full brunt of the volley or burst aimed at you.

Yeah, I play mainly DIV 6, so I see mostly Centurions and Hunchbacks with the occasional Cicada or Phoenix Hawk and very rarely something else. I can usually win is a Hunchback, but I have run across a couple of excellent Hunchback pilots who really know their Mech and were able to beat me. A good Phoenix Hawk pilot should be able to dominate that division, though, because it is hard for a slower Centurion or Hunchback to keep them in the cross hairs.

#45 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostDeeber, on 19 April 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

By my count, it's currently around 2 minutes and 55 seconds from leaving a match until the supply cache progress window pops up.

Wow, thats almost two and a half minutes longer than my personal worst (37 seconds from exit to cache popup)

How many mechs do you own? I have just under 100,

#46 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Number of mechs make the load time longer? Well that might explain why my loads are so fast since I only have a handful of them. Posted Image

#47 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

Got kicked out of a Faction Play match today and Yesterday cmon PGI get your crap together.

#48 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostWarschnuffel, on 18 April 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

I am running MWO on an SSD and i experienced a big increase in loading times (which were already high). Not raging, but this IS a serious problem, especially for people who play a lot, because it gets more and more annoying while playing. I constantly run Youtube Videos while loading (because tabbing works fine on my machine), otherwise i would stare at the loading screen way too long. That is - in the long run - not acceptable.

i do the same and when i have looked on to many videos the game will crash in the end :(

#49 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 April 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

Yeah it has been fun finding out which players are actually skilled and who aren't. It is always fun when a player who is used to being carried by a group, whines and cries and makes excuses when they find out that they really aren't that good. Aside from a few matches where I just played very poorly, every MechWarrior who has beaten me is legitimately very skilled with the Mech that they pilot.

i think you are right in much of what you are saying, but the mech build also mean a lot here, much more that in the quick game....
long range weapons are not for much use here. :D

#50 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostDFM, on 19 April 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

Wow, thats almost two and a half minutes longer than my personal worst (37 seconds from exit to cache popup)

How many mechs do you own? I have just under 100,

I don't know that the delay has anything to do with the number of mechs owned, but I have a paltry (compared to some) 163 mechs. That works out to roughly 1.6 new mechs per week over the time that I've been playing MWO, even with a few absences from the game.

PGI needs to create a "The Whale" title and a suitably matching badge that we get once we've accumulated 100 mechs ... maybe a set of titles and badges for when we reach 100, 200, and 300 mechs owned. Posted Image

#51 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 19 April 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

i think you are right in much of what you are saying, but the mech build also mean a lot here, much more that in the quick game....
long range weapons are not for much use here. Posted Image

Yes, Solaris is a nice game mode for brawlers, which is why I like it. I have actually fought against an LRM mech and it did not go well for that Mechwarrior.

#52 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:26 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 April 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Faction Play Fixes
Loyalty Points have been restored in Faction Play.

Posted Image

haven't been restored here still missing

Posted Image

why dont Liao Smoke jag in particular have any FP contract bonus's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users