S7 Mech Divisions / New Game Mode Thoughts.

Gameplay

5 replies to this topic

#1 OrphanKiller 26

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

Played some S7 yesterday. I while it was entertaining I feel the mech divisions leave allot to be desired. It seems like some someone at PGI put all the mechs on a dart board, closed their eyes and threw a dart. If they hit a mech that one went in D1, next one in D2 and so on. I do like the maps and the improvements to the mech bay does fancy up the game a bit. I feel like sometimes they have good ideas that are just poorly implemented. I think a game mode closer to the old mech warrior games would be fun. 4 player lance with missions type of thing. Invade a base with tanks and turrets, AI controlled mechs, choppers, ground troops with rpgs and such or destroy a guarded convoy. That type of thing. Maybe im way off base, but thats my feeling. Thoughts???

#2 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:54 AM

View PostOrphanKiller 26, on 18 April 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

I think a game mode closer to the old mech warrior games would be fun. 4 player lance with missions type of thing. Invade a base with tanks and turrets, AI controlled mechs, choppers, ground troops with rpgs and such or destroy a guarded convoy. That type of thing. Maybe im way off base, but thats my feeling. Thoughts???

https://mw5mercs.com/

#3 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

I think Divisions should have been something like this.

Any / Assaults & Heavies / Assaults / Heavies / Medium & Lights / Medium / Lights

I like the Medium fights the best so far, but since there's limited Divisions that cap at Medium 'Mechs with limited chassis types, that detracts from the fun of it.

It does appear this will be another "meta" wins because the maps are too small to many diverse builds.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:59 AM

View PostOrphanKiller 26, on 18 April 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

Played some S7 yesterday. I while it was entertaining I feel the mech divisions leave allot to be desired. It seems like some someone at PGI put all the mechs on a dart board, closed their eyes and threw a dart. If they hit a mech that one went in D1, next one in D2 and so on. I do like the maps and the improvements to the mech bay does fancy up the game a bit. I feel like sometimes they have good ideas that are just poorly implemented. I think a game mode closer to the old mech warrior games would be fun. 4 player lance with missions type of thing. Invade a base with tanks and turrets, AI controlled mechs, choppers, ground troops with rpgs and such or destroy a guarded convoy. That type of thing. Maybe im way off base, but thats my feeling. Thoughts???

View Postw4ldO, on 18 April 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

^^ What he said

#5 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:37 AM

[color=#1D2129] Sooooo...I downloaded the Solaris expansion patch last night and played my first match this morning in Division 3, beating a newbie pilot in an unskilled Shadow Cat like an old rug with my completely skilled and quirked Cataphract-1X. Got my modest rewards and then....it completely locked my computer up. Had to do a hard reboot. Great programming, PGI, and great matchmaking. Felt bad for the noob in the Shadow Cat...he had no chance. [/color]

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 18 April 2018 - 04:37 AM.

#6 OrphanKiller 26

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:43 AM

Posted Image . Yeah, I have seen the stuff for MW5 and I am looking forward to it, but it would be nice if they could put those elements into this game, since so many of us have already spent so much money and time already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users