Sportsmanship In S7

36 replies to this topic

#1 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

I'm really enjoying the o7's, well played and overall positive comments between gladiators before and after the match. Keep that up guys. Respect is an awesome thing. Those really close matches between players are epic.

I've only come across one pilot that wrote "lucky" after he was defeated. Made me laugh.

#2 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

Aye I have not had a bad experience or any EPEEN yet.. Been enjoyable on that front

Heck I have even had 2 disco's that I waiting until the 5 minute mark to kill them

Edited by Darian DelFord, 18 April 2018 - 04:47 AM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:48 AM

the close matches are the fun ones. where both players have opened the torso of the other and the desprate fighting of heat and timing to execute the coup de grace. thats when solaris is at its best. the elo is working out kind of well with so many close fights.

#4 JeremiahRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:09 AM

Legging. Just legging. :(

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostJeremiahRose, on 18 April 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

Legging. Just legging. Posted Image

Yup Posted Image

#6 De Monte Alto

• PipPip
  • Leftenant
  • Leftenant
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:20 AM

Only had one fight where i was legged. But i agree, the sportsmanship has been good.

#7 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:22 AM

That is my only complaint. It is obviously a good tactic, but it is really obnoxious and boring. I would love a Solaris only buff that triples leg armor :P

Overall the matches have been fun and people have been pretty good sportsmen.

#8 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

Can't say I've been paying much attention to chat (Or the game itself really). Only exchanges I noticed was from a guy I got stuck with in several matches in a row. Due to how I'm playing, I blow myself up most of the time, and every time I fought I suicided. The first time he laughed. Second time he made a suggestion. By the time we got to our final match, he was practically begging me to tell him what was going on, why this was happening.

Never answered. Was kind of funny.

Edited by Bombast, 18 April 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#9 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:37 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 18 April 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

That is my only complaint. It is obviously a good tactic, but it is really obnoxious and boring. I would love a Solaris only buff that triples leg armor Posted Image

Overall the matches have been fun and people have been pretty good sportsmen.

Some guy tried to leg my Annihilator. It ended poorly for him. Only played like 20 games so far, but it's usually guys shooting CT's.

#10 StealthdragonB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:45 AM

I’m not sure if it was intentional but there was this one match I had in the caves in div 6, where we were both in centurions, with his reduced to a few machine guns and an open CT. He ran away at first when I took all his SRMs, but then I lost him and couldn’t find him for a few minutes. I occasionally got radar blips but I couldn’t chase after him. I only found him again when there were two minutes remaining where I finally killed him.

I’m pretty sure it was more likely an awkward match than one that was intentionally dragged out, but could imagine a scenario where this would intentionally cause a tie, especially with lights and stealth armor.

#11 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

A valid tactic if the game allows it... What's that saying: "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying?" In this case, an "escape" exploit is valid and if the game times out and prevents the "loss", why not !? Not losing boosts your statistics, right? It might be fun to see how long you can evade a powerful opponent...

I'm sure there will be all sorts of situations that arise like someone earlier reported a heavy backed into a wall 10 meters from spawn so that the enemy Locust had to face him: face on.....etc...

Edited by Asym, 18 April 2018 - 06:53 AM.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

you didnt bring a linebacker or other mech with weak legs? did you strip armor? if i shoot legs its because ive identified that as your weak point. these arent clan trials, they are solaris matches after all. no zellbrigen for you.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 April 2018 - 07:15 AM.

#13 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:19 AM

I almost punched my screen after going up a against a Stealth locust in the warehouse using a Pulse HBK-4P.
He talked poop the entire time kiting me along, eventually he even legged me.

I eventually killed him but by the end of that I was incredibly pissed.

Also poop talk is part of anything competitive. So get used to it.

#14 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 April 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

you didnt bring a linebacker or other mech with weak legs? did you strip armor? if i shoot legs its because ive identified that as your weak point. these arent clan trials, they are solaris matches after all. no zellbrigen for you.

My first match I had a guy go legs on my very obviously XL running Jester. Most people aren't really that attentive, they just shoot legs because they can't deal with the possibility of torso twisting.

#15 HumpingBunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

Agreed! I must say, I am really enjoying the good sportsmanship and overall positive attitudes in Solaris. The matches have been very challenging and I'm seeing a wide variety of tactics. Some folks go straight for legs, others strategically strike your CT to submission. Even knowing what my opponent is driving, it's still a gamble as to what their weapons list looks like and how they will attack.

#16 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

View PostAsym, on 18 April 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

A valid tactic if the game allows it... What's that saying: "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying?" In this case, an "escape" exploit is valid and if the game times out and prevents the "loss", why not !? Not losing boosts your statistics, right? It might be fun to see how long you can evade a powerful opponent...

A tie results in a loss for both sides.

#17 Danger817

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

How are you guys chatting during the match? Mine says global chat disabled whenever I enter the loading screen for the Solaris matches.

#18 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, everyone has been really friendly. Even offering build advice.

Beat a guy in a shadowhawk with a 10 ersmall medusa on factory. All I could do was every annoying and cheesy jump jet trick I could muster. Dude was totally cool, never gave up, even complimented my play when we were done and I know it had to of been really frustrating.

#19 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

I had a keyboard glitch in one battle today; when I informed the other player he held fire until I could fix it. Top sportsmanship there.

Edited by Zergling, 18 April 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#20 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Haven't had a bad experience in chat yet. Worse was just someone that didn't say anything at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users