Double Xp Event And Double Xp Conversion!

39 replies to this topic

#21 Zen Orac

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

While double XP is welcome to newbies, for us vets have little use as I have a glut of XP I will probably never use from when the skills changed and all the modules were got rid off.

#22 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

View PostZen Orac, on 19 April 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

While double XP is welcome to newbies, for us vets have little use as I have a glut of XP I will probably never use from when the skills changed and all the modules were got rid off.

I play over 3 years now and I welcome the event as I have lots of 'mechs to level. I do not believe only newbies appreciate these events.

#23 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:42 AM

I do like the color sale, been a long time since I bought one

#24 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:50 AM

i bought punk purple

#25 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:58 AM

I need to buy more MC to convert Mech XP to GXP. I need to Master like 4 Mechs/Omnimechs.

#26 B O O M E R A N G

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

"If you use a Champion Mech, which are currently 30% off, you would receive an additional 30 % XP on your in-game rewards."
So the question is, are Champion Mechs really going to be 30% off? This would be cool.

#27 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

I have lots of mechs that could do with the extra XP Posted Image

#28 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:14 AM

Wish certain Mechs/Omnimechs were on sale.

#29 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:02 AM

Answering my prayers, thank you thank you thank you XD

#30 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

Hm XP still are somewhat a lost case once a mech has been elited. In WoT you could check a box on elited tanks so instead of earning XP with these tanks, you would get a small percentage 3-5% of the XP as free XP. So experience earned on elited mechs would not be useless if MWO would do a similar offer.

I also would like to get the option to check a box on elited mechs, so instead of earning XP I could earn a small percentage of the XP as Supply cache points. That would be awesome to as experience on elited mechs would not be useless but could be used to grind caches.

#31 Flay123

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:05 AM

I don't really understand why you would ever buy a champion mech.

If you really want to spend cash to level your mech fast, you can convert excess XP from your favourite mechs to GXP. 91 Skill points cost 2912 MC outside of an XP event like this, and 1456 MC during a double conversion Event.
If you buy a Champion mech you pay somewhere between 1000 and 5000 MC when they're on sale, and more if they're not. And all you get in return is around 30% less time leveling it up (ok, and you get the mech itself as well). So you still have to spend a ton of time on this.

How about adding that extra 30% XP as GXP instead? Then you would actually have a decent long term gain if you buy your favourite mech as a champion mech.

#32 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostRyoken, on 20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

Hm XP still are somewhat a lost case once a mech has been elited. In WoT you could check a box on elited tanks so instead of earning XP with these tanks, you would get a small percentage 3-5% of the XP as free XP. So experience earned on elited mechs would not be useless if MWO would do a similar offer.

I also would like to get the option to check a box on elited mechs, so instead of earning XP I could earn a small percentage of the XP as Supply cache points. That would be awesome to as experience on elited mechs would not be useless but could be used to grind caches.

You kind of already do that, you always earn GXP alongside your regular XP. So you are even better off - you earn free XP even while levelling your 'mechs.

Kind of like the cache idea tho.

Edited by MrKvola, 20 April 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#33 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Bought the Solaris pack, got the 30 days premium time and now have a new Champion Uziel to grind and then I turn around and see it's Double XP event time! XP trifectas are the bomb.

#34 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for putting those champion mechs on sale, PGI. Posted Image

#35 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 20 April 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

You kind of already do that, you always earn GXP alongside your regular XP. So you are even better off - you earn free XP even while levelling your 'mechs.

I'm well aware that I do generate GXP with every match. But my point here is that I would like to have the ability to increase the amount of GXP I earn once I have elited a mech and stop earning XP which I do no longer need for that mech. (Sure there is always the option to turn them into GXP using MC but at least for me that's no option at all.)

#36 myhorseisamaz1ng

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Posted Image
ty pgi Posted Image

ps: its not a champion or hero mech

Edited by myhorseisamaz1ng, 21 April 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#37 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

View Postmyhorseisamaz1ng, on 21 April 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Posted Image
ty pgi Posted Image

Hey man nice shot!

#38 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:41 AM

View Postmyhorseisamaz1ng, on 21 April 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

<<<image from https://i.imgur.com/mAZ5o8M.png>>>
ty pgi Posted Image

Okay... Can we see the rest of the screenshots of your Earned XP from that Match? I would like to know how the 'Premium Time'/'Event Doubler'/'1st Victory' (at least, whichever ones apply there) all stacked together. :blink:

~D. V. "More pics for proof, or I'm going to call it 'PhotoShopped'... I find this one hard to believe." Devnull

#39 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 April 2018 - 03:41 AM, said:

Okay... Can we see the rest of the screenshots of your Earned XP from that Match? I would like to know how the 'Premium Time'/'Event Doubler'/'1st Victory' (at least, whichever ones apply there) all stacked together.

It's almost like doubling the same number 3 times is like multiplying it by 8 or something. Who knew?

Stay in school, kids!

#40 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:20 AM

Well, this Event is done and gone. However, I managed to pick up a couple of Decals that I think could be useful on my Mechs in the future. :)

Now I'll be waiting, and hunting for Events with (MC) Rewards, as well as Events with some nice Hanging Cockpit Item Rewards. I'll also be looking for more Sales where it's 50% Off on Decals, particularly Letters & Shapes, as it was actually nice to pick them up at that reduced price. :D

As for this...

View PostIdToaster, on 22 April 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

It's almost like doubling the same number 3 times is like multiplying it by 8 or something. Who knew?

Stay in school, kids!

Geez... did you REALLY have to reference BorderLands? :mellow:

Anywho, on the serious side, the info in the screenshot isn't enough to multiply by 8 and get a proper result. That's why I want to see the rest of the numbers. :huh:

~D. V. "Good Event Rewards, Good Sales, Useful Numbers... I hunt for them all..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users