Um-K9 Siren Busted

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hungry Hungry Hobo

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRefrigerator box floating in space.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

I can finally serve justice in Solaris with the Urbanmech UM-K9 after the hot fix but I noticed something horrible...

You can't turn the siren and lights on anymore!! I looked in the keyboard configuration
and "add on toggle" is no longer in there.

I tried weapon door toggle, toggle cockpit item, and cockpit light with no luck.

Is this a glitch or was it removed to fix the crashing from selecting the K9?

#2 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

I can confirm, my beloved siren is out of order.

#3 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostHungry Hungry Hobo, on 19 April 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

I can finally serve justice in Solaris with the Urbanmech UM-K9 after the hot fix but I noticed something horrible... You can't turn the siren and lights on anymore!! I looked in the keyboard configuration and "add on toggle" is no longer in there. I tried weapon door toggle, toggle cockpit item, and cockpit light with no luck. Is this a glitch or was it removed to fix the crashing from selecting the K9?

So, yes, this is a bug in a specific case. The actual bug here is that the binding doesn't show up in the key mapping list because it was renamed recently and broke the key mapping entry. So there's two ways to fix it. One is the simplest - just reset your key bindings. But, I understand that that might means having to re-apply your various bindings and is a headache, so in that case there's option 2: manually edit the actionmaps.xml file. It's not difficult, really.

First, you need to find it. This can be done with the help of the Portal. In the top-left of the Portal, click the options button and click "Open Save Game Directory". A Windows Explorer window will pop up. In here, you wanna go to the Profiles directory, and then into your username directory. There you should see "actionmaps.xml". I'd recommend making a copy of this file before making manual changes first. Now, open it up in a text editor (I'd recommend Notepad++, since Windows Notepad doesn't handle the line endings correctly, and everything just shows up on one line). The action you're looking for is "boltontoggle". When you find it, set the input attribute to whatever you'd like to bind it to (just put the key letter or whatever in the quotes after input=), or remove the whole thing, from <action name="boltontoggle> to </action>.

Really sorry about this, it's being fixed as I type this right now, so our next update will definitely fix the problem and get that key showing up in the big list.

#4 Hungry Hungry Hobo

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 19 April 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

So, yes, this is a bug in a specific case. The actual bug here is that the binding doesn't show up in the key mapping list because it was renamed recently and broke the key mapping entry. So there's two ways to fix it. One is the simplest - just reset your key bindings. But, I understand that that might means having to re-apply your various bindings and is a headache, so in that case there's option 2: manually edit the actionmaps.xml file. It's not difficult, really.

Really sorry about this, it's being fixed as I type this right now, so our next update will definitely fix the problem and get that key showing up in the big list.

I tried both options and neither worked. I put my key in between input=" " and had no luck. I did the second option and it reset everything afterwords. I saved both of my changes in notepad++

I reset the option in game and restarted. Their is still no toggle add on or bolt add on option in keybindings.
Maybe I did something wrong? I don't mess with text docs that often. I figure I'll wait for the patch at this point.

Thanks for the reply though.

#5 Redinator

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRealm Of The Bloody Hangar

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Ah ok, so i am not the only one with this problem. I will wait till patch, don't like to mess with game data.

#6 DaVinci761st

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

I was able to get the lights and sirens to work by rebinding the key to "L".

#7 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostHungry Hungry Hobo, on 19 April 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

I tried both options and neither worked. I put my key in between input=" " and had no luck. I did the second option and it reset everything afterwords. I saved both of my changes in notepad++ I reset the option in game and restarted. Their is still no toggle add on or bolt add on option in keybindings. Maybe I did something wrong? I don't mess with text docs that often. I figure I'll wait for the patch at this point. Thanks for the reply though.

Dang, there's one detail I forgot to mention - the default binding is to the 'L' key. When you reset your bindings, it should revert to that. In our testing, even when another key is bound to 'L', both events (the new binding and the Bolt-On toggle) will fire at the same time. I'm disappointed that setting the input to another key doesn't seem to work, but I guess with the actual binding having been renamed in code, it's no longer parsing that entry in actionmaps.xml correctly.

Unfortunately, the mapping won't show up in the main list until we can release an update, since the issue is actually a code-side problem.

#8 Hungry Hungry Hobo

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 20 April 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Dang, there's one detail I forgot to mention - the default binding is to the 'L' key. When you reset your bindings, it should revert to that. In our testing, even when another key is bound to 'L', both events (the new binding and the Bolt-On toggle) will fire at the same time. I'm disappointed that setting the input to another key doesn't seem to work, but I guess with the actual binding having been renamed in code, it's no longer parsing that entry in actionmaps.xml correctly.

Unfortunately, the mapping won't show up in the main list until we can release an update, since the issue is actually a code-side problem.

L does work now for the siren and that's fine with me since I don't use L for anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users