- - - - -

Acquiring Components

5 replies to this topic

#1 Auggie McKenna

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Feel stupid, but...
How do you acquire new components if they do not appear on your MechLab Warehouse available to be equipped?
I found the omni pods and put one on my mech, but only Cmachine guns, CHvy machine guns appeared to ne available. Other ballistics would have fit, bit were not available to purchase. Was it a weight issue?? Or do you have to acquire the ability/availabilty through advancement? Or drops?

Thanks in advance

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostBig88Boltz, on 18 June 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

Feel stupid, but...
How do you acquire new components if they do not appear on your MechLab Warehouse available to be equipped?
I found the omni pods and put one on my mech, but only Cmachine guns, CHvy machine guns appeared to ne available. Other ballistics would have fit, bit were not available to purchase. Was it a weight issue?? Or do you have to acquire the ability/availabilty through advancement? Or drops?

Thanks in advance

This depends upon what you have selected for options to show in your mechlab. If you have things set to "show owned", then you will only ever see things you own. The default is "all", so this shouldn't be an issue.

The next part is, everything costs C-bills. If you don't own it, you need to buy it with C-bills. If you don't have enough C-bills, you can't buy it. Playing matches earns you C-bills, so if you don't have enough just play some more.

Another thing to consider is your mech's hard points (which you seem to understand) and your mech's weight limit. You can't place items onto your mech that would be too heavy for it. Most everything has weight (except for consumables, which are a different thing all together). If you are customizing a mech, you might have to remove a few things to free up enough weight to place something else onto said mech.

For example, a 40 ton mech can never carry 41 tons worth of gear on it. It can carry 40 tons or less. So, if you want to replace a MG for an AC2, you are going to have to clear out the tonnage for the heavier AC2. (Make sure you also have ammo on weapons that require it, and the correct type of ammo.)

You also might notice that your mech is restricted by crit slots as well. Each mech is built of 8 different components, and each component has so many crit slots available to fill. If you remove that MG from your mech (one crit slot) and decide to change it out for an AC5 (more than one crit slot) and that location has all it's crit slots full, even if you have the weight you can't place the AC5 in that location due to lack of crit slots open.

I hope this clears up some of it. If you have more questions, just ask.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

All weapons, equipment and most omnipods are available for c-bills. The only thing you won't see are Hero mech omnipods which require you to puchase the hero mech to get access to those pods. Most builds can be done with pods available for c-bills with a few exceptions.
  • When you drag a weapon over to your mech, it will have a C-bill cost.
  • There is a tonnage limit to your mech and weapons have weight. You must stick within the available tonnage of the mech.
  • There are crit-space limits to the mech. Each weapon has a certain size and you must have available crit space to equip a weapon.
  • If you are not seeing all the weapons listed, then you might have "Owned Items" checked. It should be in the upper left of the equipment box

Edited by Elizander, 19 June 2018 - 02:49 AM.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

View PostTesunie, on 18 June 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

For example, a 40 ton mech can never carry 41 tons worth of gear on it. It can carry 40 tons or less. So, if you want to replace a MG for an AC2, you are going to have to clear out the tonnage for the heavier AC2. (Make sure you also have ammo on weapons that require it, and the correct type of ammo.)

A 40 ton mech can't carry full 40 tons of gear, actually. The cockpit and structure take up 7 tons, while Endo-Steel (a valuable upgrade on many, many mechs) halves the mass of your structure and lets you allocate 35 tons.

Further, "gear" should not be interpreted as "weapons" - armor, engine, weapons, ammunition, heat sinks and any secondary equipment all have to fit within that cap.

Edited by Horseman, 19 June 2018 - 01:33 AM.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

If it's not a filter checkbox for "owned" please post a screenshot. That should make it clear what is wrong.

#6 Auggie McKenna

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:27 AM

ok, it was Omni pod type and the slots in each throwing me off.
Same situation with getting ECM equipped...needed a pod with one ECM slot somewhere. As soon as I got the correct pod, ECM became available.

Thank you all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users