Active Forums

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kha ak

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:34 AM

Just a quick "Observation" I've found while browsing the forums for balancing discussions and stuff like that.

Why is it that it's always Tier 5's and 4's going on and on about things that are and are not OP.

After Browsing some Threats regarding Heavy Gauss and U/AC-5/10 (something that plagues Tier 1 and High-Tier Play rn), I don't think I've seen ANY name pop up that even so much as strikes me as that person being genuinely good.

Not that Bad Players shouldn't have opinions, but looking at some of the rater "poor" choices PGI is making in regards to Balancing, I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by looking at the forums.

Just a random thought that came to mind.

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostKha ak, on 21 April 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

Just a quick "Observation" I've found while browsing the forums for balancing discussions and stuff like that.

Why is it that it's always Tier 5's and 4's going on and on about things that are and are not OP.

After Browsing some Threats regarding Heavy Gauss and U/AC-5/10 (something that plagues Tier 1 and High-Tier Play rn), I don't think I've seen ANY name pop up that even so much as strikes me as that person being genuinely good.

Not that Bad Players shouldn't have opinions, but looking at some of the rater "poor" choices PGI is making in regards to Balancing, I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by looking at the forums.

Just a random thought that came to mind.

I think one of the resons may be that more seasoned players know where to talk about that stuff.
And since PGI pretty much abandoned its own forums this isn't the way to talk about stuff beeing in need of revision.

An other reason is that there are several weaponsystems in MWO that are actually pretty good or bad when you got the skill to use them or to avoid them.

In my opinion the weapon systems in mwo are in a pretty okish state.
Even if I would prefere to see some of the weapons beeing implemented in an other way than they where implemented originaly.
Keywords: boating, smal weapon fusion, light mechs beeing able to hurt assaults, autofire weapons, electronics and info warfare, mech environment interaction

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

In my opinion the weapon systems in mwo are in a pretty okish state.

not sure what okish means but before I read it I was thinking the game is in a state off flux

PGI does monitor the forums

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

They watch, right Russ? Hello. Darn it. He hung up on me.........Posted Image

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

Unless we get more tech or weapons are buffed or nerfed then most of the game is constant it is tactics and unintended consequences that are influx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users