#21 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 26 April 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

That depends a little on the mech you're using.

I used those ice blocks as dart-n-dodge cover against a Yen Lo in my Div7 Locust. Now, not every mech can take full advantage of that.

But there are other maps I want no part of in my Locust, like Jungle. I'm uniformy bad on Jungle in that mech (the only one I'm running), and haven't adjusted yet.

Yeah, I mainly speak from the perspective of DIV 6 and in DIV 6 only the MPL and SPL boating Phoenix Hawks love Boreal and they are already broken enough with their insane quirks. It is sad that a hit that would core the CT of a Centurion or Hunchback will just barely scratch a Phoenix Hawk. They should move the PHX 1K to DIV 5 and move the Yen Lo to DIV 6. The Yen Lo would be an honorable match up for most Cent AH's.

Oh, sorry, Ravens that like to run around out of your range until the timer runs out and you get a tie, love Boreal too.

Edited by Ed Steele, 26 April 2018 - 07:47 PM.

#22 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

Finally, I am back to having more wins than losses in DIV 6 and I am Rank 8 now!

#23 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCurrently out of my mind, Try again latter

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

here's what happens when you are playing around with load outs and screw up your weapon groups. Solaris 7 matches are just to fast to realize that you are not firing your ASRM 6s you just spent the money on as SRM 6s just were not tight enough.

2 minute mark is where we find each other

normally I put missiles in group 3 AC 20 in group 4. just mash those 2 buttons and 52 damage. not this match LOL played the whole thing with just the AC20 lol. I guess all those drunken nights playing with my Wang (Yen Lo Wang) paid off....

Edited by Ih8tevictors, 29 April 2018 - 06:35 AM.

#24 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:42 AM

View PostIh8tevictors, on 29 April 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

here's what happens when you are playing around with load outs and screw up your weapon groups. Solaris 7 matches are just to fast to realize that you are not firing your ASRM 6s you just spent the money on as SRM 6s just were not tight enough.

2 minute mark is where we find each other

normally I put missiles in group 3 AC 20 in group 4. just mash those 2 buttons and 52 damage. not this match LOL played the whole thing with just the AC20 lol. I guess all those drunken nights playing with my Wang (Yen Lo Wang) paid off....

Nice fight! That Victor is like a bigger version of my Centurion.

Side Note: Wang actually means "King" in Chinese. Of course, once you know this, the word becomes less amusing to non-Chinese.

#25 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 April 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Nice fight! That Victor is like a bigger version of my Centurion.

Side Note: Wang actually means "King" in Chinese. Of course, once you know this, the word becomes less amusing to non-Chinese.

Yep the AC 20 Victor plays a lot like a centurion but with JJs and bigger hit boxes. Closer to a CN9 AH with the LT mounted missle hard points.

LoL wang means king.

#26 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:49 PM

Alright, I now have a Mech that I like in DIV 4 and in DIV 6! I put together a Highlander IIC for DIV 4 and so far I have won 8 out of 9 matches with it. Also I am still winning more than losing in DIV 6 and I am almost at rank 9!

#27 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

Victor Vs Victor in the caves. Same load weapon load outs AC20 3 SRM6s. about as close to a even fight as it gets in Div3

#28 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:11 AM

So, no one plays in 2s. I finally talked a friend into playing 2v2 Solaris, but we waited and waited and there were no opponents and we just ended up doing QP.

#29 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 27 May 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

So, no one plays in 2s. I finally talked a friend into playing 2v2 Solaris, but we waited and waited and there were no opponents and we just ended up doing QP.

So it seems. I hooked up with a guy on my main account (loopala) I met him when we were both piloting YLW. We tried in 3 different divisions but no luck. We were both fans of big ballistics and in your face brawling. Really wanted to see how a couple of YLWs would do against, well any 2 other mechs lol

#30 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostIh8tevictors, on 27 May 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

So it seems. I hooked up with a guy on my main account (loopala) I met him when we were both piloting YLW. We tried in 3 different divisions but no luck. We were both fans of big ballistics and in your face brawling. Really wanted to see how a couple of YLWs would do against, well any 2 other mechs lol

The few 2s matches I have been able to play were in tier 1 or 2 I think and were just Kodiaks and Cyclops' that sit at long range and tear you up with ballistics.

#31 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

been awhile but here is one on the importance of ammo lol

#32 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

I just barely got back into playing MWO regularly and I have not yet attempted to do any more Solaris matches, but I might just get old "Ragnar" back in fighting shape.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users