Division Mech List Done By Mad Person

20 replies to this topic

#1 Krokozor

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

Everything is bad.
Played solaris for last days. For fun ofc. Right now i got 85 place in 1v1 matches and played around 350 games so i guess i seen something. Played in different divisions cause i'm curious what people will take. I have some questions about mech lists in divisions. What logic behind some decisions?

Division 1:
Arctic Wolf with missiles. What is he doing here? I mean yeah. It can be fast and it can have some neat builds in solaris. But taking it versus dire wolfs, anihilators and mad cats are dont seems right.
Huntsman. Why? Sure if you take Pakhet torsos it also can be neat thing. But not as neat as it need to be to kill freaking dire wolf with 2xLBX10 and 2xLBX20.
Quickdraw IV-Four. Lol. Why?
Heavy gauss boats like Victor or Mauler. Clearly dont have DPS for brawl. Even on jungle map they are bad.

Division 2:
Clearly dominated by Kodiak-3 and Atlas. What is crap like Ebon Jaguar, Nova Cat, Maruader (bouth), Summoner and Thanatos doing here? Also Mad Cat - A. Whaaat? I dont sure i seen someone runing it in other gamemodes but somehow it got it way into this division.

Division 3:
Don't really played it since i have mostly clan mechs. Have no clue what i should do on mechs like Shadow Cat, Stormcrow or Hellbringer against King Crabs.

Division 4:
Spend most time here. Gazillion Bushwackers, Highlanders, Assassins and Hunchbacks iic here. Playing their own game. There is lots of mechs and lots of questions how do they get here. Like Adder, Cougar, Kit Fox, Enforcer, Ice Ferret, Viper, one specific Vindicator and so on. Even if here is no 4 mech i mention what this crap supose to do against mechs like Black Knight, Warhammer or Thunderbolt? Is person who made division mech list dont play Civil War?

Division 5:
Dominated by Cataphract-4X. Why such powerful mech here? It was one of best IS mechs before Mauler was released. Also ban B o B. He got 90:1 KD on that thing.

I did not play Division 6 and 7. Cause there is no clan mechs for some reason. Though i got my Uziel so guess i will play a little. But PGI is still bad guys cause dedicated clanners cant play 6 and 7 divisions.

Whole solaris mech list idea are bad because PGI sells OP clan omnipods. So overal mediocre mechs are considered as something good in their lists because of that. Thanks for carrying PGI. At least i don't feel like i loose because of pay wall.
Also energy based weapons suck in solaris. PGI pls change heat of energy weapons in solaris like you done with flamers.

Edited by Krokozor, 21 April 2018 - 05:55 PM.

#2 zeta44

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

Since you haven't tried it, here's my experience with division 7

YLW and vindicator are top tier, for some reason the locust is here, panther is totally unused aside from me. Outside of 104 km/h YLW there isn't too much crap to deal with.

#3 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

I won't disagree that the Divisions need reworking, but honestly:

How are we gonna sort Mechs into seven or so Divisions without obsoleting a whole chunk of 'em?

Just as an example, but if we end up compressing Assaults into D1 (good Assaults) and D2 (bad Assaults and maybe the best Heavies), we'd end up with everything in D1 getting dunked by Annis. Yeah, the Assaults don't get to smash lighter Mechs in the lower Divs anymore, but is the result more diverse? Eh...

I'd argue that shortening the seasons to a single month might work better. It's not perfect by any means, either, but that way, we get new top dogs in most Division every month, at least.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:58 AM

Shorting the seasons for the beginning to sort the devisions out more quickly might be good but when the balance starts to get good it should return to 3 month.

#5 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

[removed by user]

Edited by Throe, 05 October 2023 - 10:58 AM.

#6 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

Spoiler

Nicely done, but I think you should blacken the names of your opponents.

#7 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

Now do we realize that mechweight is not the only criteria of mech value?

Maybe we should reconsider dropdeck limitations for faction war?

Maybe we should limit drop deck in divisions? or find other way to bring some common sense?

#8 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

[removed by user]

#9 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

I wish some YouTubers had made reaction videos about when they first saw the division list. I for myself laughed my hairy behind off.

The dudes at PGI really frelled the dren up here. Even the most obvious and simple thing like putting assaults and heavies that can boat ballistics or MRMs into division 1 didn't occur to them.

#10 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

I agree with your post, until the omnipod thing. Since when are omnipods op? I am a dedicated Clanner, and while I do frankenstein my omnimechs, I prefer Battlemechs, because they are much more customizable (which is a complete oxymoron). MCII and MAD-IIC are the dominant assaults in FP--both Battlemechs. Also, HBK-IIC is basically the best medium for invasion, and ON1-IIC is best heavy brawler for Clan. Omnipods are far from op. In the lore they were, but here omnimechs are just a limitation.

#11 Krokozor

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

View PostLuminis, on 21 April 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

How are we gonna sort Mechs into seven or so Divisions without obsoleting a whole chunk of 'em?

Just as an example, but if we end up compressing Assaults into D1 (good Assaults) and D2 (bad Assaults and maybe the best Heavies), we'd end up with everything in D1 getting dunked by Annis. Yeah, the Assaults don't get to smash lighter Mechs in the lower Divs anymore, but is the result more diverse? Eh...

I dont see any good way. Since statistics from other game modes wount help do this. Just manual sorting from **** tier to god tier like in metamechs.com.
Not sure why division list are not shown before and there was no beta-test.

Maybe introduce some points system. For example split mechs by some base points. And also split weaponts by points. And sum base mech points with it's weapon points. Like something in crossout. And maybe add some extra if there is too much simmilar weapons. It also will be cool if this number are summed with SSR.
Though this idea suck cause 2v2 are have some strong combos and not just mechs.

View PostThroe, on 22 April 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

And thats show nothing.

View Post-Spectre, on 23 April 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I agree with your post, until the omnipod thing. Since when are omnipods op? I am a dedicated Clanner, and while I do frankenstein my omnimechs, I prefer Battlemechs, because they are much more customizable (which is a complete oxymoron). MCII and MAD-IIC are the dominant assaults in FP--both Battlemechs. Also, HBK-IIC is basically the best medium for invasion, and ON1-IIC is best heavy brawler for Clan. Omnipods are far from op. In the lore they were, but here omnimechs are just a limitation.

I'm telling about OP omnipods and not general omnipods. For example Huntsman can have 8 missile hardpoints if you have Huntsman-Pakhet. It is not important in quicks since there is not much viable mech fits can be done with that. But in solaris are different story. So. For some reason huntsman now considered as good as anihilator even if you dont have Pakhet.

Edited by Krokozor, 23 April 2018 - 06:43 PM.

#12 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

So what?
It's been a week.
Let it play out.

All that should happen is that the top mech/s from a division shift up a division for the next season.
The one or two that are at the bottom of the heap shift down.
Shorten the seasons to a month so it isn't too stagnant.

#13 Krokozor

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:08 PM

View Post50 50, on 23 April 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Let it play out.

More like "let game die out" after some beeps on heart rate monitor

#14 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

[removed by user]

#15 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

LBX wins close courters *most of the time (lbx/srm mix builds can win)
AC wins most long poke engagements
MRM/SRM splat builds win only when another mech allows for mid-range alpha to cover brawling,
Laser vomit is too hot to really be worthwhile on any build I have seen. They just a nice extra dps or higher alpha option.

#16 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:58 PM

For somereason I cant Quote, But Throe, I think that was me. Ive taken to backing agasint a wall somewhere and hoping i get a good solid first hit in. In most matches i try to keep my back agasint the wall, but the lighter mechs are un godly good at lobbing missiles into my legs.

As for the MRMs, the pilots are figuring out that they can stomp assaults with missiles. Im seeing more of them come into play.

I always liked playing assault mechs, but I am going to have to re evaluate that if I want to try and be competitive in Solaris. I feel its more player ability in the mech of choice, but maybe switching up a chassis is a good idea as well.

#17 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

[removed by user]

#18 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

I agree most with Tier 3 and Tier 5:

Tier 3: KING CRABS dakka builds dominate. Makes the tier 3 heavies obsolete for me. What am I supposed to to against them with a Rougneck?

Tier 5: The CATAPHRACT kills every other heavy and medium easily. Even if I hit every shot with my optimized Shadow Hawk build and torso twist like hell, i never won. I shot their CT red several times, but never won. Only could kill one with a light once, but the player was bad.
When i am up against a CAT i know i m dead.

#19 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

I am not afraid of Atlases and Kodiaks btw, most of the time i kill them. Easy to outmanouver, and they cannot take 6 AC2s.

#20 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostKrokozor, on 21 April 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Everything is bad.
Played solaris for last days. For fun ofc. Right now i got 85 place in 1v1 matches and played around 350 games so i guess i seen something. Played in different divisions cause i'm curious what people will take. I have some questions about mech lists in divisions. What logic behind some decisions?

Division 1:
Arctic Wolf with missiles. What is he doing here? I mean yeah. It can be fast and it can have some neat builds in solaris. But taking it versus dire wolfs, anihilators and mad cats are dont seems right.
Huntsman. Why? Sure if you take Pakhet torsos it also can be neat thing. But not as neat as it need to be to kill freaking dire wolf with 2xLBX10 and 2xLBX20.
Quickdraw IV-Four. Lol. Why?
Heavy gauss boats like Victor or Mauler. Clearly dont have DPS for brawl. Even on jungle map they are bad.

Division 2:
Clearly dominated by Kodiak-3 and Atlas. What is crap like Ebon Jaguar, Nova Cat, Maruader (bouth), Summoner and Thanatos doing here? Also Mad Cat - A. Whaaat? I dont sure i seen someone runing it in other gamemodes but somehow it got it way into this division.

Division 3:
Don't really played it since i have mostly clan mechs. Have no clue what i should do on mechs like Shadow Cat, Stormcrow or Hellbringer against King Crabs.

Division 4:
Spend most time here. Gazillion Bushwackers, Highlanders, Assassins and Hunchbacks iic here. Playing their own game. There is lots of mechs and lots of questions how do they get here. Like Adder, Cougar, Kit Fox, Enforcer, Ice Ferret, Viper, one specific Vindicator and so on. Even if here is no 4 mech i mention what this crap supose to do against mechs like Black Knight, Warhammer or Thunderbolt? Is person who made division mech list dont play Civil War?

Division 5:
Dominated by Cataphract-4X. Why such powerful mech here? It was one of best IS mechs before Mauler was released. Also ban B o B. He got 90:1 KD on that thing.

I did not play Division 6 and 7. Cause there is no clan mechs for some reason. Though i got my Uziel so guess i will play a little. But PGI is still bad guys cause dedicated clanners cant play 6 and 7 divisions.

Whole solaris mech list idea are bad because PGI sells OP clan omnipods. So overal mediocre mechs are considered as something good in their lists because of that. Thanks for carrying PGI. At least i don't feel like i loose because of pay wall.
Also energy based weapons suck in solaris. PGI pls change heat of energy weapons in solaris like you done with flamers.

my fav so far has been division 2, 12 small pulse nova and i try to get map to be either mech factory or the caves and i usually do pretty well.

honestly any the ideal map for any light and medium mech that has JJ is Mech Factory, if you are VS a heavy/assault especially one with torso mounted weapons get up higher and you can avoid alot of their fire power.

View PostUakari, on 29 April 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

I agree most with Tier 3 and Tier 5:

Tier 3: KING CRABS dakka builds dominate. Makes the tier 3 heavies obsolete for me. What am I supposed to to against them with a Rougneck?

Tier 5: The CATAPHRACT kills every other heavy and medium easily. Even if I hit every shot with my optimized Shadow Hawk build and torso twist like hell, i never won. I shot their CT red several times, but never won. Only could kill one with a light once, but the player was bad.
When i am up against a CAT i know i m dead.

my dakka builds i hate running into faster mechs on the open maps with Missles or anything that can get in and out of cover quickly after getting hits shots off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users