12 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

No seriously you need to look at it. I understand that Jump Jet glitch is a thing. However I have noticed every time I face an Urbie this happens. He is glitching like a Mexican Jumping Bean.

Am I the only one that sees this? It happens with other mechs from time to time.... but every time I face an Urbie he twitches like crazy. No on one pilot either... multiple pilots I have had this happen

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

I'm not sure of what I'm supposed to be seeing here. He jump stutters a bit, I guess... that's not new, and not restricted to the Urbanmech.

It's also not what I'd think the focus of this video was, if I was just given a link to it and told to figure it out myself.

Posted Image

#3 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

I fought a MC MkII that was bunny hopping and nearly impossible to land hits on. It was not fun.

#4 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Ya'll can't see how he just glitches to another spot? IE... he moves without moving?

I understand the JJ'ing all over the place. The problem is he appears to skip positions. I have noticed that every urbie that ues JJ's does this..

#5 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostBombast, on 21 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

I'm not sure of what I'm supposed to be seeing here. He jump stutters a bit, I guess... that's not new, and not restricted to the Urbanmech.

It's also not what I'd think the focus of this video was, if I was just given a link to it and told to figure it out myself.

Posted Image

i'm aware of other mechs having displaced hitboxes when spamming JJs, but the urbanmech is the only one i've noticed that does the weird stutter step thing. it's not a lag/netcode issue either as far as i can tell. it does it every time you hit the JJs, even in the testing grounds.

#6 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

View Postcougurt, on 21 April 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

i'm aware of other mechs having displaced hitboxes when spamming JJs, but the urbanmech is the only one i've noticed that does the weird stutter step thing. it's not a lag/netcode issue either as far as i can tell. it does it every time you hit the JJs, even in the testing grounds.

OK so I am not compltely crazy then??

#7 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

Its called bad latency.

#8 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostSamial, on 21 April 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Its called bad latency.

nope, it does this every time you land after jump jetting. you can try it yourself in the testing grounds.

#9 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

Not just urbie, plenty of other mechs have derpy or even hack level anims when jetting. I remember the days where the timber (at least i think it was teh timber) had such a broken anim that it could basically phase through enemy fire when spamming jets (that was patched out ofc). Anyways, just hold your fire until the mech hits the ground, JJs have cooldown so its not like the enemy can spam it constantly.

#10 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

I play Urbies a lot and I'd never really given it much thought. I've seen weird lag/glitching occasionally on enemies but I'd always just thought it was due to lag/latency and didn't think much of it.

I lost my Urbie-arms in a Rubellite match last night and it was just me and a 'Phract left, and I figured I was going to make him earn it (or overheat if I got lucky) and jumped around like a maniac for a few minutes as he slowly laser splashed me to death. After I died he did type out a comment that I had been glitching, which might be the first time someone has said that to me. Not gonna lie, I take JJ on my Urbies largely for dodging, but I had no idea there was any glitch to it.

#11 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

Was expecting that you were in a light mech with a build like that, but yeah I can see the animations there are pretty bad. Would be interesting to see how the hitreg is on it while its doing that.

#12 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

Other people in thise thread are mad saying it's not just the urbie. dude, no the urbs is on a completely different level.

This is the only reason I play the urbie because I know it warps around like that.

#13 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 21 April 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

No seriously you need to look at it. I understand that Jump Jet glitch is a thing. However I have noticed every time I face an Urbie this happens. He is glitching like a Mexican Jumping Bean.

Am I the only one that sees this? It happens with other mechs from time to time.... but every time I face an Urbie he twitches like crazy. No on one pilot either... multiple pilots I have had this happen

Seriously Darian???

U whine for the jumping, BUT NOT for that crap hit reg you had in the match??? :D :D :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users