Need Very Good Suggestion

24 replies to this topic

#21 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

View PostShukran, on 03 May 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

i would like to know if someone could suggest me the "best" mech for stealth build since i feel i want to test it. i died a couple of times to invisible opponents , even when i tried to turn around to look for him. i read about artic cheeta, assasin and others. need a name.

Invisible usually means Stealth Armor... That means any IS mech that can mount ECM. "The Best" is debatable, and depends entirely on how you play, but usually you'll see Locusts or Cicadas with Stealth Armor.

View PostShukran, on 03 May 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

anyone can tell me a mech that can fit nicely some longest range weapon (not lrm) ? some sniper-like, if u get what i mean

My definition of "sniper weapon" is a direct-fire weapon with an optimal range of at least 700m... Here's the list of what's in the game right now.

IS sniper weapons:
1. LBX-2 with a 2.4km max range. Full damage out to 810m.
2. ERPPC with a max range of 1.6km. Full damage out to 810m.
3. Light Gauss with a 1.5km max range. Full damage out to 810m.
4. AC-2 with a 1.4km max range. Full damage out to 720m.
5. LBX-5 with a 2.1km max range. Full damage out to 700m.
6. UAC-2 with a 1.4km max range. Full damage out to 700m.

Clan sniper weapons:
1. AC/LBX-2 with a 1.8km max range. Full damage out to 900m.
2. UAC-2/ER-PPC with a 1.6km max range. Full damage out to 810m.
3. ERLL with a 1.4km max range. Full damage out to 740m.
4. AC/LBX-5 with a 1.4km max range. Full damage out to 720m.

There are any number of good mechs out there that can mount significant numbers of these weapons, just remember that actual sniping is something you shouldn't be doing in something heavier than a medium.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 03 May 2018 - 05:14 PM.

#22 Shukran

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

Invisible usually means Stealth Armor... That means any IS mech that can mount ECM. "The Best" is debatable, and depends entirely on how you play, but usually you'll see Locusts or Cicadas with Stealth Armor.

much appreciated.
i look at them + all ECM mechs.

i mean sniper as u mean, thanks to that list.

#23 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostShukran, on 04 May 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

This is mostly true.

Stealth Armor requires 2 spare slots in each Arm, Side Torso, and Leg(12 "locked" slots), so 'Mechs with massive ballistics in their Side Torsos(LB-20-X AC or HGR) can't use Stealth Armor even with ECM. This is also true for any 'Mech with a similar configuration of either AC/20 or UAC/20 in either Side Torso, with a Light Engine equipped.

Good examples are the Fafnir: -5, -5B, and the hero "Wrath". All three can equip ECM and have ST Ballistic slots available.

#24 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:09 AM

I'm a big fan of the ONI-II-c's and HBK-II-cs. The highlander some like but i'm pretty meh on. They're both for C-bills too so... bonus. What I like about them is their versitility. If you like to brawl the Oni's have decent speed, good armor, and pack a mike tyson punch. The HBK II-C's can be rigged for long range or med range but are kinda counter to the ONI's, they CAN brawl but there's better brawlers and typically get torn apart quickly. But they make sweet 2nd line mechs and have beautiful hardpoints. The IS side of things, Bushwacker and Crab both are pretty tanky and mitigate damage relatively easily. Bushwacker definatly has decent speed and armor and hardpoints for brawling. Crab can lazer vomit and you can still function in one @20%. IS heavies i see alot of Marauders though i've not really played them much i got no good advice on them. I like stalkers but they tend to all look the same after a while but as for tanky, they're still fairly tanky and you can do good mid/long/short range builds with them. They can do sniper loadouts but the battlemaster does long range sniper stuff better due to it's hardpoints relative to it's cockpit. The banshee can be okay but pretty much every loadout you can do on one can be done better on another mech mainly due to it's hardpoint locations but it can move fairly quickly for a 95tonner.

Personally i've been eyeballing the executioner and gargoyle for flanker/brawler types because of their speed, executioner has MASC which can make it better for damage mitigation and has decent armor. Gargoyle has less armor but is faster but both maybe limited on tons for heavy weapons but, both can vomit lasers. Warhawks seem to still do okay and they got the speed (warhawk hero) in solaris seems to do very well vs my stalkers. I'd imagine they would make a great flanker style or striker style.

Annihilator seems much much better than the atlas in general (being an Atlas lover it pains me to say that). It's slower though but the firepower and armor is just scary.

I've not used them but the Nightstar and Supernova seem kinda squishy in game. The missile hardpoints on the Nightstar look great but the weapon convergence on both seem kinda... awkward for most situations (they're very wide and the Nightstar seems to keep it's weapons in different zip codes) It needs to be near the front because of this and it's ballistics appear too low to be consistanty decent on the 2nd line. The supernova also appears to suffer the similar problems with it's laser points. Both seem good with missles (i know people do well with other loadouts but, nothing that strikes me as *i want this mech*) in comparasion the ballistics on the Nightstar to the Annihilator the Annihilator will mostly come out on top.

Something else you can do is go into Solaris and check out the Division 1 mechs (if you go into solaris then click store you can see which mechs you can purchase in that division) That might help as well in decisiding on what mechs are generally better than others. Almost all of Div 1 is clantech but Div 2 has a good selection of IS tech.

#25 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

Mad Cat MK2, Ebon Jaguar,Hellbringer,these are all great Omnimechs/Mechs. I also enjoy Huntsman,Stormcrow and Arctic Wolf. FP and QP are different from each other. I have never played Solaris nor do I intend to. You may want the Orion IIC it is good overall.

If lots of a armour,weapons, is what you want Mad Cat MK2 is what you want. I still love Warhawks.

Have fun, and ask questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users