Drop Decks Show Only Mechs In Selected Solaris Division

Dropdeck bug

6 replies to this topic

#1 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

I want to change a drop deck but it only show mechs to choose from current (selected) division.
Example: I have only 1 Div7 mech - Free Uziel, if I choose it in solaris and try to change any of my dropdecks even scout - I dont see any of my mechs at all because I'm playing Clan side.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,669 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

• Check your filtering in the Mech Lab - Select ALL (no mechs will show up if Heavy/Assault has been selected for Scout deck) THEN select Clan and Owned or Both and Owned.
  • Drop Desks will only allow the tech currently in Drop Desk to be visible, ie IS DD will show IS mechs as an option (see #1). Hit the CLEAR BUTTON in the bottom left to clear out the deck then your Clan mechs will become visible.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 April 2018 - 11:16 AM.

#3 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 22 April 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

• Check your filtering in the Mech Lab - Select ALL (no mechs will show up if Heavy/Assault has been selected for Scout deck) THEN select Clan and Owned or Both and Owned.
  • Drop Desks will only allow the tech currently in Drop Desk to be visible, ie IS DD will show IS mechs as an option (see #1). Hit the CLEAR BUTTON in the bottom left to clear out the deck then your Clan mechs will become visible.

Did you even try it yourself?
Mechs in dropdecks are stuck to Solaris divisions - If I want to choose Stormcrow to scout I need to go to Solaris and choose any division 3 mech - only after that stormcrow will be available in dropdeck customization, but Mist lynx-G will be unavailable before I go back to solaris and choose any division 2 mech.

Edited by Zodie, 22 April 2018 - 02:28 PM.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,669 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

Actually I have. Again, when in the dropdeck screen, check your filters. I have already replied to a few threads about this. Said player had All, Clan and Both in the screen shot below but he had an IS deck. PGI does not allow mixing of Tech.

Post a screen shot of yours. Again, we are talking about the actual FP drop deck.

Left my original post and a screen shot of it below, primarily for Loyalists who had never switched factions since version 4.1 going live.

It took me about 15 minutes to generate the "bug" then another 10 minutes to clear it up. I THINK by going to the MWO home screen, clicking on Mech Selection then Manage drop deck from the MECH SELECTION Screen that I was able to clear up the bug. Logging out and back in did not clear it. But you should also send a bug report to PGI. I will once I can replicate the issue reliably but it MIGHT be limited to a specific division selection.

Need to run through a few more cycles to confirm or not. Just for reference though this is what I was originally talking about, and that you had not posted a screenshoot

Posted Image

Again, it took several minutes to get it to bug out to show only the following mechs. As you can see All/Both/Both are the filter settings.

Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 April 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#5 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

Yes on your 2nd screenshot - is what I mean - 272/296 mechbays - all filters open but it shows only Division 1 mechs.
I'm at work now but after I will post screenshots and try to "unbug" by your advice.

#6 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

OK I want to report a bug that states in the topic name:

How to generate bug:
Go to Solaris menu - mechlab - select mech - change the division - exit Solaris --- BUG activated...
now in drop deck edition you will only see the mechs from selected in solaris division

Posted Image

how to unbug:
Go to select mech (not in Solaris) - change the filter (Both/IS/Clan better several times) - manage drop deck - unbugged

plz fix it

Edited by Zodie, 23 April 2018 - 09:33 AM.

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:36 AM

View PostZodie, on 23 April 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

OK I want to report a bug that states in the topic name:

How to generate bug:
Go to Solaris menu - mechlab - select mech - change the division - exit Solaris --- BUG activated...
now in drop deck edition you will only see the mechs from selected in solaris division

Spoiler

how to unbug:
Go to select mech (not in Solaris) - change the filter (Both/IS/Clan better several times) - manage drop deck - unbugged

plz fix it

Yep, I had this too. I saw it occasionally getting fixed but couldn't figure out the exact way. Still, the division select should only appear and have effect on Solaris 7 mech select only, it's a clear bug, at least if not hotfix it then make a post to main page about the temporary remedy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users