#1 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Look folks, it's obvious. Annihilators are ruling the assault class in Solaris 7. Look at the top ten rankings. Look at how many times you face them in combat. Look at how many times you out damage them but they still pull off wins. They have too much armor, too many quirks, and way too many hard points for them to be on equal footing with other assaults mechs. This is just like when the Kodiaks came out and ruled everyone else.

Russ Bullock and the devs, I'm calling you out. Please take an extremely close look at them and how they dominate Solaris 7. They need to be fixed ASAP.

#2 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Don't think it's going to happen till next month. Really hope I'm wrong but blancing a mech in one mode will piss everyone else off in all the others and might not be warranted there. But I agree 164 ct armor vs. 134 is no contest along with un needed weapons quirks

#3 Golm

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

I agree. I felt forced to buy a ANH 2A. Now, I only lose to another ANH. And I am not a great pilot (pretty bloody, average, to be honest).
In my MCIIB I could beat anything that was not an ANH. Never did beat one either.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

Annis don't dominate Solaris, just go into another division. D1 is the "delet button" devision and its boring. Just don't play it.

#5 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

And what about quick play or faction play: are teams balanced by weight or by divisions or by elo?

Dire wolf - the closest to Annihilator clan mech, still he is not a match to it, although clans have less available tonnage.

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:26 AM

12 man teams have a good average of people playing in the 12 man group. So its a bit "selfbalanceing" there. Though you have a team drop limit in place because coordination beats weight.

Theirfore its a complete different beast compared to a 1v1 match. In 1v1 you can put two people of the same skill in two different mechs and you will then see a trend of what mech is better over time.

#7 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:55 AM

My idea is - you generally tend to win if you take mech from higher division of they same weight, if matchmaker is counting mechweights.

Also, in terms of Solaris, the present clan 240 tons restriction is obsolete - or maybe is it my only opinion?

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:09 AM

When you can only take 200t in a 2v2 yes that 40 tons you will never use. Also what tons restriction in solars? There isn't any except that there aren't mechs over 100t...yet?

#9 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostEbins, on 22 April 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Russ Bullock and the devs, I'm calling you out. Please take an extremely close look at them and how they dominate Solaris 7. They need to be fixed ASAP.

Yes, they dominate Div1, but nerfing their quirks is gonna hurt them plenty in game modes where their shortcomings matter - e.g. anything but Solaris. The damn thing's an absolute beasts in S7's setting, but their slow speed, huge size and less-than-stellar ability to peak & poke means they actually need their quirks to be as viable as they are elsewhere.

They could arguably take a small nerf without it affecting their viability too much, but if it's not breaking them outside of S7, it's probably not enough to bring them down to par in S7.

I'd rather see PGI buff the less viable Assaults. Not like the DWF couldn't do with a couple points of additional armour, it's not exactly a dominant Mech in 12v12, is it? Same for the Atlas. Put that thing in Div1 and crank the armour quirks up another notch. The hardpoint limitations and geometry are going to hold it back in other game modes anyway.

#10 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Annihilators don't need to be nerfed. Piranhas just should be bumped to Div 1.

#11 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 09:46 AM.

#12 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

They're only strong because many of the maps are just a tad too lacking in cover and crucially, multiple avenues of movement. Caves and to an extent Mech Factory are the only two that come to mind. The other maps allow even the Annihilator's slow speed to soon push its opponent into a corner with no avenue for escape.

#13 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

If you can, LEG the Anni AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Once you get one leg out of commission, You stand a good chance to eliminate it as it's very slow turning to fight it's opponent. I own 6 Anni's and mastered one and I find the MB one the worst one to pilot. Another alternative is to headshot the Anni if your aim is good.

Edited by Christophe Ivanov, 25 April 2018 - 04:56 PM.

#14 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 09:46 AM.

#15 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

Div 1 meta is clear and solid, yes.

But who has tried to beat it? I've played it alot with my 6xLBX2+6 small pulse Dire. I haven't bothered to change it because it's doing about average so I can play it there, but I can also take it to FP in particular.

But the thing is, I've not seen anyone seriously trying to make a build that can beat the Annihilator with something other than Annihilator. All other Dire's that I've seen have been rather easy kills with a LBX2 Dire having 14 tons of ammo.That's how optimal my Dire is for S7. I haven't checked the Fafnir hardpoints but the ones I've seen have less chances to even beat most other mechs, than the Anni.

All I see is complaints about Annihilator but no attemps to beat it.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 26 April 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 26 April 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Div 1 meta is clear and solid, yes.

But who has tried to beat it? I've played it alot with my 6xLBX2+6 small pulse Dire. I haven't bothered to change it because it's doing about average so I can play it there, but I can also take it to FP in particular.

But the thing is, I've not seen anyone seriously trying to make a build that can beat the Annihilator with something other than Annihilator. All other Dire's that I've seen have been rather easy kills with a LBX2 Dire having 14 tons of ammo.That's how optimal my Dire is for S7. I haven't checked the Fafnir hardpoints but the ones I've seen have less chances to even beat most other mechs, than the Anni.

All I see is complaints about Annihilator but no attemps to beat it.

Here's what I have tried so far:

1. Vote in maps that allow you to duke around the Anni and exploit its slow speed. Result: It's actually not a terribly slow 'Mech, there are 3/5 maps that the Anni does very well on, so tactical map voting is out.

2. Attempt to get behind using slight speed advantage, best guess of Anni location and seismic sensor. Result: Works occasionally, most pilots will have seismic to counter this.

3. Shoot out weapons or legs. Result: Too much armour, the Anni will always out damage you in a straight up fire fight.

4. Trap Anni on high / low ground. Result: Anni actually has great pitch range, there are few places where this is possible.

5. Out range / snipe / poke. Result: Impossible, as the map size and arrangement of cover and obstacles is such that even with a ~50 kph top speed, they will be able to dominate the map and eventually push you into a corner.

With two pilots of equal skill, the Anni is always the better choice, it will always win, there are no downsides to picking this 'Mech in division 1.

The only possible issue I can see with the Anni is that with the common dakka builds, it relies on high face time to defeat you. You will rarely see an Anni twist to avoid damage unless it's running LB-X's. Therefore, perhaps it will be easier to head shot than most other 'Mechs. This does of course require you to take aim, at which point there is nothing stopping our friend, the Heavy Gauss Anni from evaporating you in return.

#17 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostGolm, on 22 April 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

I agree. I felt forced to buy a ANH 2A. Now, I only lose to another ANH. And I am not a great pilot (pretty bloody, average, to be honest).
In my MCIIB I could beat anything that was not an ANH. Never did beat one either.

I've beaten many annihilators with the 2b, but there are definitely some annihilator builds/pilots that are unbeatable with a mkII

Edited by Dionnsai, 26 April 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#18 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

You mean Division 1 where there are 0 of the mechs that counter them.

Not all of Solaris 7.

I really want to thank you for your hyperbole though. It's important to blow things out of context and proportion, I mean otherwise how can anyone take what you're saying seriously?

#19 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 09:49 AM.

#20 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Annihilator has about 161+73 on CT. Dire has 129+73. You can have little more if you take entire survival tree but the Anni stats come from one top players loadout I checked, so he didnt' take it all either. Difference 32. 6xAC2 has nominal DPS of 16.7. That is a lot on it's own, plus it's very easy to use. I think the biggest problem is the fairly narrow CT of Annihilator. Never realized it because, because elsewhere Annihilator is not so big problem. How it has that kind of CT and CT quirks. For the huge ST's I can understand quirks but CT??

Assults can't dance with other assults so I don't think legging or ST destruction is going anywhere. Dire with 3xUAC5 2xUAC10 has nominal DPS of 17. That is what I'm currently trying. Double tap for a while, take cover to cool off and unjam, repeat until either is dead. I find the biggest problem to be hitting CT only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users