Suggestion: Give The Matchmaker More Options

3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

The different divisions are and probably will be a constant headache for both PGI and us players. So how about we players decide (in a limited way) which 'Mechs we can face. Add two bars to the matchmaker, the first one decides how many more tons my possible opponent can have, while the second one decides how much less tons my possible opponent can have. Add a switch that gives players the chance to fight against one division above there own, with the first bar this time deciding the max. weight of the higher tiered opponent (and including every 'Mech with more tons in the "home-divison"). The rewards should change accordingly, let's say some 10% for every 5 tons more and 300% flat when fighting one division above your own. Oh, and add achievements for such fights. And leaderboards for each variant.

While this will not fix any balance issues it might give us players more control about our fortunes in S7. Plus it adds a rewarding challenge for those who seek it.

#2 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

More options for the same queue is always better.
A vast number of options might be implemented: vote for tonnage, vote for mode (ffa for example), vote for ELO...

The problem is how to force game developer to spend sources into these developments.
Developer wants to be sure for his profit, player doesn´t want to spend money for just promises or things he doesn´t want.
Basically: developer want to get money and do nothing, player wants to get everything and pay nothing; both of them might fail.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

While this might be good ideas they clash with the part of there not beeing enough people around.
When I play I mostly find only 4 maybe 5 people, when playing 2v2 its even worth by just 1-2 teams beeing their.

With this small numbers more options means even less matches.
The best thing would be to open up things to make one division or directly challangeing people or have free for all matches.

#4 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

I keep spamming my the idea of one division:

matchmacker = function(pilot rating, mech rating).

Also, you can be in queues for all regimes simultaneously: faction war, quick play, ffa, solaris all divisions. So more options do not result in low number of ppl if you can join all queues.

But it¨s hard to implement: you need a busyness playn and take all responsibilities for spent resources.

Edited by calmdawn, 23 April 2018 - 12:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users