Isn't It Kind Of Stupid Making A New Mode Like Solaris 7 And Then An Event For Quickplay Only?

13 replies to this topic

#1 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Like the title says. We have all this fancy Solaris 7 mode, that has even changed the name of the game. You buy the Solaris 7 hero pack (I also have the Fafnir). And you get the event but only for Quick Play.

I want to play Solaris 7, but I have to play this event before it ends, and I have to do it will all the mechs. Isn't it kind of stupid and backwards? Why isn't there a freaking Solaris 7 event to be made with the new mode AND mech pack?

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

Well... PGI works in mysterious ways.

#3 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

Probably to appeal to both sides of the coin. Having a place for those whom wanna 1v1/2v2 and giving stuff for those whom QP up.

#4 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

I was wondering this same thing the other day.

I guess this event is a good one to skill out the hero pack (with the double xp event too).

Maybe PGI just wasn't confident in everything Solaris going well--so they didn't throw an event for it yet. Soon*, perhaps?

#5 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

Not sure what you're getting at here.
You want to take unskilled mech into solaris?
Further...you dont' really get much in the ways of coin(cbills/xp) winning in S7, even with the double XP.

I mean in QP right now every drop you get, win or lose, you're racking up 3(loss)-8(win) skill nodes per drop.
All my FAFs are almost all mastered already, and they only have like 15-20 games each.

Solaris payouts are quite small. Don't think you're missing much here.

#6 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

A whole queue of unskilled hero mechs would have been fun...

#7 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Well what's a safer place to skill out your new heroes? Solaris where every little bit counts? Or quick play where often enough your performance isn't given much regard. Where people often pass the buck on to someone else.

#8 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

I think you missed the point OP. Sure Solaris 7 is out but it is kind of traditional at this point for there to be a QP event for new mechs when the launch. We had 7 Hero Mech and 6 New Fafnir variants introduced and just like always we had a QP event for each.

As for Solaris 7, maybe they were actually smart. Maybe they didn't want to muddy the waters so to speak and run both the traditional new mech QP events and a Solaris 7 event at the same time. I mean there is still plenty of time for them to run a Solaris 7 exclusive event without sacrificing the new mech QP events.

#9 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

Because not everyone cares about the new mode and we just got the new heroes and fafnirs where else would the events be for new mechs?

#10 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

This is pgi.

The same company that opens the private test server for playerd to test and give feedback on new weapons, tech and nerfs/buffs then schedules an event with a low hanging free mech at the same time.

What do you expect rofl

#11 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

It's a mystery.....

Although, they can't add events to S7.....a different programmer coded it and didn't take notes, isn't a structured programmer and no one can figure it out.... Again, it's a mystery.

The S7 game engine is "different" and they aren't too sure where to start? Another mystery.

S7 can't have events because, well, it's S7 and............errrr.......they didn't think of that before they started programming....no, it's not only a mystery, but an enigma, cloaked within a paradox... And, the original programmer still can't find his notes....nor, the programming manual....

(sigh.....)

Edited by Asym, 23 April 2018 - 08:14 PM.

#12 Troa Barton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 356 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

Because that makes sense, we can't have that here in this holy space.
Shun the nonbeliever!!

#13 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:00 PM

Help players skill up new mechs faster so they can get ready for taking into solaris?

Makes sense to me. Not the most inspiring event perhaps.

#14 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

Not everyone wants to Solaris. Maybe it's a good way to encourage those wanting to play QP to do so, and those possibly burning out on Solaris through either repetition or humbling defeat to take a break with something more familiar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users