Paint Sale?

8 replies to this topic

#1 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

The paint/camo sale was listed as February 5 - 12. I had planned to buy a bunch after work tonight, since today is the last day of the sale. However, I hear that the sale was ended during the maintenance today? WTF?

If you are going to do this in the future, please label the sales as ending the day before if you are going to effectively end them the morning of maintenance. Running a few hours over is much better than ending hours before the dates your front page post banner said all week had actually passed.

#2 Vapor Trail

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I would agree here.

"Midnight Maintenance" has no real meaning when your client-base is world-wide. So if you're going to stop a sale @ 9 AM PST, it either needs to be the day after advertised, or it needs to have the actual ending hour in the advertisement.

#3 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

They had the times (including time zones) up on all of the sale splash screens. It's a shame that you missed it, but **** happens.

#4 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

(Offer Available Feb 5th 10am PST to Feb 12th 10am PST)
Just like everything else is done at ~10 AM PST, so was this sale. Friday's Medium Mech Madness was unexpected since I was mid-match but given the time my drop was already talking about what new sale was going to happen on top of the Camo one.

http://mwomercs.com/...th-to-feb-12th/

#5 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

The date and time when the sale ends has been clearly communicated. If you weren't able to benefit from the sale during the weekend until the last few hours of today, then you'll just have to hope that there will be other opportunities in the future.

#6 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

That is why i never wait to the last day to get in on a sale.

But dont worry there will be other sales and deals during the year. So it is like you missed out for life.

Edited by AlexEss, 12 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

The have to bring the game down to start and stop the sales. This isn't feasible to do at midnight. It was available for a whole week, sorry. There will be more sales soon, I hope!

#8 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

People don't read the fine print. PGI loses money by ending sales like this before the posted date that they splash all over the client and front page of their site. It's stupid. The splash banners should have read Feb 5th - Feb 11th for this sale, and all future sales should be marked as such if they are going to end on the morning of patch day.

#9 Craftyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

There will be another sale this weekend, don't worry. Whether it includes paint or not remains to be seen but it probably will.

Edited by Craftyman, 12 February 2013 - 06:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users