40 replies to this topic

#21 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:05 AM

The death of CW is slowly picking up speed.
The last few weeks (even prior to HBS:BT) has shown this to be more accelerated than before. Many, many, games where we are facing the bottom of the barrel with people openly admitting they ignored the prompt at the start and have multiple trial mechs in their decks resulting in 48-sub10 games. These games are not fun. The last IS match I played yesterday we had a disco and after 3 minutes I walked back to the spawn, so the game was 10v12 "we" won 48-27...

Last night example, after facing pug team after pug team EVIL & BCMC both switched to Clan side to see if anyone was dropping for IS. Keep in mind we had at most a six man, the search went on for the better part of 20 minutes before we got paired up with da beef and his goons. A hasty **** stomp came our way and that was that. It seems most teams are actively avoiding EVIL/BCMC groups (even though these groups are small, less than 8 at the best) and the rest are looking for stomps indicated by where they are currently and who everyone knows they're playing. You can't be blind enough to think that its just "luck" that you've played 6 pug teams. :|

This is sad, and boring. GG Russ.

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

I don't think it's even anyone avoiding anyone. It's just nobody playing FW.

Battletech release from HBS bled a *lot* of people away from MWO who were playing FW. If you log in and your unit only has a few people sometimes a couple or 4 just split up into 2v2s for Solaris.

Population in FW has been 5 or 6 groups of 6-12 total split between IS and Clans for a while. That's it. The rest was pugs. So of that 30-60 players, all it took was 10 or 20 to drift off and suddenly you no longer have critical mass to build teams most the time so the 2-4 players who would normally be working to build up a 6 or 8 and drop instead go to Solaris or.... ironically, go play Battletech.

or Conan Exiles, which went live today.

or The Forest, which went full release this month.

or, well, anything else. Faction Warfare hasn't gotten anything from PGI except a kick in the teeth in like a year now. Dat One Bukkit! Much better, right?!? That started an inevitable decline from the moment it went in there was no question that eventually everyone would bleed out as the only sense of nostalgia and/or purpose that kept that core Loyalist population that both filled matches and helped find and onboard more players for FW was removed.

Now it's all about just finding matches where and how you can. Good luck.

#23 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

I did see 2 different 11 man’s (G-NX and ARC7) Clanside in the 2 matches I dropped last night as IS....but, honestly I was really surprised to see both groups dropping in such large numbers, just as FW has seemed to not have same tag groups that large of late (yes...i have seen mixed tag 10+ man’s rolling). However, I do agree that it is seemingly much harder post Solaris/BT launches for us to get more than 6-7 (same or mixed tag) together at any one time. People are split a lot of different directions with new games and Solaris...I think I have been in all of 3 matches since Solaris dropped were we had 9 or more....and it’s just hard to hold anything together for long even if you are getting good fights. We are dropping in 4-5’s more (and just taking our chances on picking up PUGs) or even less. just to play Invasion. Ironically, this is still better than a week or two ago and maybe seems like it’s moving the right direction, from what I saw last night.

#24 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:08 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 08 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

I did see 2 different 11 man’s (G-NX and ARC7) Clanside in the 2 matches I dropped last night as IS....but, honestly I was really surprised to see both groups dropping in such large numbers, just as FW has seemed to not have same tag groups that large of late (yes...i have seen mixed tag 10+ man’s rolling). However, I do agree that it is seemingly much harder post Solaris/BT launches for us to get more than 6-7 (same or mixed tag) together at any one time. People are split a lot of different directions with new games and Solaris...I think I have been in all of 3 matches since Solaris dropped were we had 9 or more....and it’s just hard to hold anything together for long even if you are getting good fights. We are dropping in 4-5’s more (and just taking our chances on picking up PUGs) or even less. just to play Invasion. Ironically, this is still better than a week or two ago and maybe seems like it’s moving the right direction, from what I saw last night.

well friday was kind of a bat phone kind of night (EVE refrence) because of Ragnar(EVIL)'s post about them being on for FW that night. Hit up a bunch of people to try to get some fights aganst them. We are mostly on FW Monday night's FYI so if you guys wanna let me know when and where I'll pass that along so we can have some FW fun.

View PostBishop Six, on 08 May 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

I see its difficult to make jokes in a foreign language...so in my head it was funny!

Lol fair enough Bishop.

#25 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostGrus, on 08 May 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

We are mostly on FW Monday night's FYI so if you guys wanna let me know when and where I'll pass that along so we can have some FW fun.

I feel like that's something we really lack but could really benefit from... coordinating/planning our engagements. I think most of the player base is past "winning" as some kind of ideological goal and instead wants to have "fun fights." There will always be a desire to tag planets but that can't even occur with just ghost drops.

#26 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Its magical then, how people get lobbies only after we're in game I guess :) We aren't stupid. I know for certain of select teams avoiding us, because they have streamers and we can see them just sitting around until "someone" is deployed.

The point of it all is that you might find a game vs a team one out of eight matches, or less. Playing vs PUGs is disinteresting and a waste of time. Planet tags don't matter, PGI gives MC away for shooting down missiles these days ;)

I just want fights, and it just isn't happening anymore. We cant even field a 10 man on our "fight nights", so there is no reason to avoid a game, at the very least you can learn something.

#27 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 08 May 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Its magical then, how people get lobbies only after we're in game I guess :) We aren't stupid. I know for certain of select teams avoiding us, because they have streamers and we can see them just sitting around until "someone" is deployed.

The point of it all is that you might find a game vs a team one out of eight matches, or less. Playing vs PUGs is disinteresting and a waste of time. Planet tags don't matter, PGI gives MC away for shooting down missiles these days ;)

I just want fights, and it just isn't happening anymore. We cant even field a 10 man on our "fight nights", so there is no reason to avoid a game, at the very least you can learn something.
ha! The ams for mc thing is gold! But yea I'm always down for FP matches and I can always pass along the message if needed. Just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Just FYI though ARC7 is GB loyalists so if you guys want a FP fight you'll have to be IS otherwise it's skrims.

#28 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

g-nx has been consistently running 12 mans for like.... i wanna say about a year or so straight.

the problem is that not many people actively recruit. we take anyone and everyone who enters our channels, we even send out requests for teams we are stomping to switch sides and come play with us. at this point we even have 2 12 mans running from time to time.

if you want better or more frequent fw matches, then some of these so called "super-teams" (lookin at you bcmc and evil) should start taking total newbs into your unit. its the same basic experience as dropping a few men down, except youll have more people to play with, and over time itll be like running 12 mans of your normal skill levels once the newbs get trained up a bit, and once you do that enough then you dont have people avoiding you in que, because they know they arent facing 12 guys who would qualify for the mwowc's every time they see you, just 7-8 with some decent players filling out the rest of the group. arc7 seems to do it, hhod seems to do it, we do it, i could go on for a while. its the guys who avoid newbs like the plague who seem to have the most problems getting a match.

on top of all that its good for the life of the mode, so next time your stomping, invite the enemy into your ts, or if you have an especially bad pug, send him your ts info and get him dropping with you. in light of these obvious solutions, it sounds to me like these "no ones queing up" problems are self inflicted.

#29 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

View Postnaterist, on 08 May 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

g-nx has been consistently running 12 mans for like.... i wanna say about a year or so straight.

the problem is that not many people actively recruit. we take anyone and everyone who enters our channels, we even send out requests for teams we are stomping to switch sides and come play with us. at this point we even have 2 12 mans running from time to time.

if you want better or more frequent fw matches, then some of these so called "super-teams" (lookin at you bcmc and evil) should start taking total newbs into your unit. its the same basic experience as dropping a few men down, except youll have more people to play with, and over time itll be like running 12 mans of your normal skill levels once the newbs get trained up a bit, and once you do that enough then you dont have people avoiding you in que, because they know they arent facing 12 guys who would qualify for the mwowc's every time they see you, just 7-8 with some decent players filling out the rest of the group. arc7 seems to do it, hhod seems to do it, we do it, i could go on for a while. its the guys who avoid newbs like the plague who seem to have the most problems getting a match.

on top of all that its good for the life of the mode, so next time your stomping, invite the enemy into your ts, or if you have an especially bad pug, send him your ts info and get him dropping with you. in light of these obvious solutions, it sounds to me like these "no ones queing up" problems are self inflicted.

Maybe so, and I do not disagree with any of your points (mostly). :)

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 08 May 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Okay, that's true. There's teams that avoid other teams but those teams are like pug groups anyway. When I said teams I meant, you know.

Groups of people play together and make good decisions.

Any more it's just about getting matches.

#31 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 May 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Okay, that's true. There's teams that avoid other teams but those teams are like pug groups anyway. When I said teams I meant, you know.

Groups of people play together and make good decisions.

Any more it's just about getting matches.
ggeeezzz why you gotta be so harsh? Lol

#32 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

View PostGrus, on 09 May 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

ggeeezzz why you gotta be so harsh? Lol

Not everyone plays for the same reason. Some teams really are just pugging in TS. That's cool and fun as it's own thing. Teams like that shouldn't be measured in the same scale as teams that communicate and coordinate and provide a good challenge to other like-minded teams.

#33 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 May 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

Not everyone plays for the same reason. Some teams really are just pugging in TS. That's cool and fun as it's own thing. Teams like that shouldn't be measured in the same scale as teams that communicate and coordinate and provide a good challenge to other like-minded teams.
I know and I get it.. Btw is KCOM sticking to viper for the long haul or are they going IS any time soon?

#34 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostGrus, on 09 May 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

I know and I get it.. Btw is KCOM sticking to viper for the long haul or are they going IS any time soon?

I think we've scaled back a bit with BT release. To the best of my knowledge we're staying Viper for a while yet. Between work and other games I haven't really been in to MWO in a week or so other than MRBC. These things ebb and flow, I'm hoping MWO FW picks back up again soon.

#35 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think we've scaled back a bit with BT release. To the best of my knowledge we're staying Viper for a while yet. Between work and other games I haven't really been in to MWO in a week or so other than MRBC. These things ebb and flow, I'm hoping MWO FW picks back up again soon.
yeah knowing my luck by the time im done with BT subnautica will drop thier expansion, and well...

#36 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Some teams out there, who I will not name, are avoiding other teams.

You know the other guys are in a 12man, they are sitting there in various TS channels and in-game in groups... Yet the team I am in sits in lobby for a 10min ghost drop.

Soon as we get out of lobby, the avoiding team hits a lobby and catches the next group queued up behind the group I am in (whoever that might be, usually PUGs I'd wager).

And this is when I'm dropping in groups with 6-8 players for heavens sake, not even a full 12.

So yes there is without a shadow of a doubt, 12mans (and not PUG 12 mans either) that are flat out avoiding fights. It's funny you see memebers from some of these units actively claming that isnt the case. They are either ignorant or simply have no idea of what is going on when they aren't online.

Is what it is really. I reduced my friends list a few months back for this reason, I might have to do another cull. I know others who've done the same actually so they cannot be actively avoided.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 09 May 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#37 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 May 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

You know the other guys are in a 12man, they are sitting there in various TS channels and in-game in groups... Yet the team I am in sits in lobby for a 10min ghost drop.

Soon as we get out of lobby, the avoiding team hits a lobby and catches the next group queued up behind the group I am in (whoever that might be, usually PUGs I'd wager).

And this is when I'm dropping in groups with 6-8 players for heavens sake, not even a full 12.

So yes there is without a shadow of a doubt, 12mans (and not PUG 12 mans either) that are flat out avoiding fights. It's funny you see memebers from some of these units actively claming that isnt the case. They are either ignorant or simply have no idea of what is going on when they aren't online.

Is what it is really. I reduced my friends list a few months back for this reason, I might have to do another cull. I know others who've done the same actually so they cannot be actively avoided.
that's sooooooo annoying. I mean really... it's on the verge of petty avoiding people like that.

#38 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

Didn't phrase that correctly.

However, on a positive note, the response indicates that there might have been a collaboration on MW5 which is pretty cool.
The idea of two developers working together to promote the setting overall is nice to hear.

Faction Play in MWO is where we as the players and only inhabitants of the universe write our own story.
We don't want FP to have a story driven element that the game dictates.
It needs to be something created by player actions.
We could argue that the game modes with singular objectives do not allow for dynamic 'missions' to occur within the single battle.
I might be possible with the current setup to drive this on a mission to mission basis, but which way would we as the player base like FP to turn?

#39 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 May 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Not to be a condescending sob but... I really don't consider those groups "teams". Just pugs in the same TS.

#40 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:33 AM

It is just as easy to earn a good reputation in this game as it is to earn a bad one. I never dodge teams; my friends list is full of great players because of that. I refuse to gen rush; I'm able to declare at the start of an incursion match that I'm here to fight and the vast majority of organized opponents respect that and we shoot each other. (The outlier units that still base rush know who you are and can suck my SRM tubes). I'm super sociable; our TS gets plenty of guests and our units have been around since FP1. This isn't some dark sorcery I use; everyone in game can do the same thing. Make friends, play hard win or lose, blow up robots and joke around in TS.
That's what makes this mode great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users