'hero' Badge

No replies to this topic

#1 Thrystblade

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

I've been bothered by hero mechs for a while now. I'm fine with them having different hardpoints (And the hero mechs always having hardpoints that base mechs don't have) but the cbill bonus feels a bit off. It kind of forces you to play a specific mech if you want to earn cbills, and as someone that likes experimenting with mech builds and different weapons, it's kind of depressing.

Right now, I have:

Arctic Cheetah Prime (CB bonus)
Kitfox Prime (CB bonus)
Pirate's Bane (CB bonus)
Raven H (CB bonus) and Raven Raven 3L (CB bonus)
Blackjack 2L (CB bonus)
Bushwacker P2
Centurion AH (CB bonus) and and Yen Lo Wang (CB bonus)
Shadow Cat Mi (CB bonus)
Uziel 3P (CB bonus)
Archer (CB bonus)
Cataphract 3L (CB bonus)
Fang (CB bonus)
Mad Dog A
Marauder 3R (CB bonus) and Bounty Hunter (CB bonus)
Thunderbolt 5S (CB bonus)
Timber Wolf Prime (CB bonus)
Atlas DDC, SL (CB bonus), and the boar's head (CB bonus)
Dire Wolf W (CB bonus)
King Crab OOOB (CB bonus)
Mad Cat MKII
Marauder IIC D
Stalker 3F

Noticing a pattern here? If it doesn't have a cbill bonus, I don't bother holding on to it because that 30% extra cbills makes a big difference over time when you're purchasing chassis' and experimenting with IS loadouts since they can't be swapped in and out. I don't know if I'm the norm, but I simply need more cbills to buy more mechs to experiment with and losing out on 30% earnings a match is a huge amount.

So, the concept I'm trying to get to is a 'hero badge' like they have in various other games. Something you can buy, for a certain amount of MC, that gives you mech the 'hero' status, and the 30% cbill bonus that comes with it.

So if I want a mad cat with a cbill bonus, instead of sighing and picking the hero mad cat, I can instead buy the mad cat I like (bunny ear 4x SRM6s) and then purchase a 'hero badge' for it at like, 1500 MC, that gives that chassis hero designation and 30% cbill bonus after every match.

Players spend more money on badges, PGI makes more money, and then you don't have to pick between having a set of hardpoints you really don't enjoy or being able to get 30% extra cbills after matches.

For a solid example, I would definitely buy a Marauder 3D because it's the only marauder variant with missile hardpoints. But it doesn't have the cbill bonus so I don't bother.

tl;dr let us 'buy' the hero status for a mech chassis so we don't have to pick between a mech we actually like, or a 30% boost in cbills. You make more money, we get more mechs to play with without taking a hit of 30% cbills per match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users