Mech Loadouts

2 replies to this topic

#1 Red Sar

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

Having an option to save several loadouts for a mech would be an amazing quality of life feature. I'm not against buying the same mech to run a completely different loadout on it, but now with Solaris I'm facing the situation where with certain mechs which I'd like to play both in QP and in Solaris I'd have to manually change skills and items (don't need lots of ammo in Solaris, don't need radar derp) every time I want to play a different game mode, and the only alternative is buying one more mechbay, one more mech, fitting it, skilling it, buying camo... In fact, I thought initially that "Solaris mechbay" would work like that, changing your mech loadout for Solaris without changing it in the "main" game, but it doesn't.

Now, I understand the game exists to sell me new mechs and mechbays. At this point I'd even settle at a modest MC price for saving a second (third/fourth/whatever) loadout for a given mech.

#2 F8talParadigm

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

I came here to write almost this exact same post. I get rebuilding a mech with a load out for quick play when you want to run it differently, but now I have to completely rethink and rebuild a mech if I want to play different versions of the game. It's time to have saved loadouts. My awe Mech app does this just fine. I know the layers of code are deeper in the game, but as the game already has a system in place for remembering what a mech has on it when I log out, it can't be that difficult to have that information saved and recalled.

I mean of course, I could be totally wrong.. But still, please PGI, like the guy said, I'd be willing to pay, but at least one loadout for Solaris and one for quick play would make life much easier.

#3 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

This feature should have been added a long time ago. I hope we get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users