Hyper Sensitive Mouse In Fp Mechbay Mode

6 replies to this topic

#1 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Has any else noticed that when you're walking around in your mech bay in first person, the mouse is hyper sensitive, causing you to spin multiple 360 degree spins in a single short movement, or looking straight at the ceiling when you intended to look up at the head of your spider? I have mouse sensitivity turned way down in game, not to mention the low DPI setting in my mouse profile for this game. There is no reason it should be that sensitive. It makes it very disorienting and not really worth using at all.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

The sensitivity is set to a standard mouse without DPI settings. Pulled out an older mouse to check it. Confirmed. If they lowered it to appease those of us with adjustable high DPI then those using a standard mouse without DPI would be frak.

What is your lowest setting you have tried to use? The IntelliMouse I tested with has a 400 DPI, I believe. Also, what resolution are you playing the game?

edit, game is at 2560x1440 while lowest DPI on my G500 Logitech is set at 500DPI, closely matching the characteristic I saw with the Microsoft IntelliMouse's 400DPI while cranking up the DPI certainly saw the 360 spin with a very short mouse movement...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 April 2018 - 04:35 PM.

#3 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

I don't think the solution is to reduce my DPI even further. It's at the right level to actually play the game. If I have to reduce it further just to run around and look at my mech in first person mode, I just won't use FP mode. There isn't much to be gained by using it anyway. They should make it adjustable in game. Either tie it to the existing mouse sensitivity slider or put in a new one specifically for mech bay FP mode.

However, to answer your questions:

The lowest DPI setting I have set in my profile for MWO is around 1200 DPI. I'm playing the game at 1920x1080.

Edited by TTDeadsayer, 28 April 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:53 AM

Doesnt your mouse have DPI buttons? Do you play with Torso Lock all the time? If so isn't your crosshairs all over the place if you temporarily toggle off Torso Lock? Asking cause I have a few friends who play with a very high DPI and Torso Lock, but can not toggle off Torso Lock because then their mouse is all over the place, they would not be able to hit the broadside of a barn with their arm cross hairs except by luck.

My default setting is 850dpi. 500dpi is my lowest setting with 1100dpi and 1800dpi on the other end. G500 has a 200-5700dpi range.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 April 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#5 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

I'm using a MadCatz Cyborg R.A.T. 7. It has 3 modes I can program using the software. Each mode has 4 customizable DPI settings you can toggle through. I only really ever use the one mode and switch between a couple of DPI settings. My MWO mode is the lowest at, as I said, around 1200 DPI, which I think is a nice balance between being able to control my mech and a painfully slow mouse cursor. In game, I have my mouse sensitivity set to .2. I do normally play with arm lock on, and I don't find that it's out of control when I temporarily turn it off, which I often do.

Edited by TTDeadsayer, 29 April 2018 - 12:01 PM.

#6 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Turn down the mouse cursor speed in Windows to correct the situation. (at least that worked for me)

#7 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:24 PM

Sadly, that is an unacceptable solution. My mouse sensitivity in Windows is set just where I want it. That's why it's set there. This should be adjustable in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users