New Hbs Battletech Dev Update

30 replies to this topic

#21 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

Eh, I hope they inject way more mechs though, pre-DLC.
I'm kinda bummed that the Warhammer, MAD and Raven got nixed.

Wish there was ECM as well, I struggle to keep my light pilot in the game without clinching my butt every time I post up for a spot for my LRM boats and PPC sniper.

I'm scared with the clans thing though.
Look how hard it is to keep the weapons balanced here, what happens if that transfers to BT.

Already people are howling about weapon balance on their forums.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 02 May 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Depends on the artwork. Later works bear only the vaguest hint of a resemblance. Comparing that to the Monster would be like comparing an AT-ST to a Locust. Yeah, they are both reverse-jointed turrets on legs, but that is pretty much where the similarity ends.

Pretty much. I mean nothing in Battletech looks like an AT ST.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wait...

Btw I downloaded a patch for Battletech; anyone find any patch notes?

Edited by Koniving, 02 May 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#23 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Pretty much. I mean nothing in Battletech looks like an AT ST.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wait...

I said to a Locust specifically to highlight the level of difference between the more recent artwork for the Behemoth/Stone Rhino and the Destroid Monster. I am well aware of the original art for the Flea, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying, now does it?

#24 evilauthor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Kinda wondering about that myself.

Anyway, I know what the next HBS Battletech should cover: The War of 3039. Fourth Succession War and Clan Invasion has been done to death. But AFAIK, absolutely no fiction covers the War of 3039, just one or two sourcebooks and a few mentions in TROs. No official novel or game has ever covered the War of 3039.

And the War of 3039 would be perfect for a sequel or DLC because that's when Star League level tech starts getting put back into production. It won't go all out until the Clans invade, but a game maker could easily craft a game to justify the player character getting their hands on all the new goodies coming out.

#25 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

Patch notes are built into your steam client, you get it from there

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:47 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 02 May 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

I said to a Locust specifically to highlight the level of difference between the more recent artwork for the Behemoth/Stone Rhino and the Destroid Monster. I am well aware of the original art for the Flea, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying, now does it?

I know, it was there to poke some fun. Posted Image

Random fun fact on the little 15 ton Flea: The extra long pelvis served two purposes. One: The Flea can make double jumps, hence why it was called Flea. (Note: This is also supposed to be the first nicknamed the Flea. The Flea 1 should actually be called Trooper 1, as Troopers weren't called Fleas until Trooper 14 aka The Flea, named for its jumping ability.) And two: It is intended to allow Infantry/Battle armor to ride the 15 ton Flea as an open air Armored Personnel Carrier. This of course flops if the Flea starts going full speed as apparently it rides like a violently bucking bronco at full tilt.

View PostHumpday, on 02 May 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Patch notes are built into your steam client, you get it from there

Except none showed up. For most games they appear in the news section. There's no "Patch notes" button to hit to get them.

Edited by Koniving, 03 May 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#27 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

Just a quick note on the Flea. Someone back in the beta actually modded in the Flea. So I bet it could be added in a future expansion/ dlc regarding Wolf's Dragoons or something by HBS (since its they who brought the Fleas back to life)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tordin, 24 May 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#28 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

That would be sweet.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

View PostTordin, on 24 May 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Just a quick note on the Flea. Someone back in the beta actually modded in the Flea. So I bet it could be added in a future expansion/ dlc regarding Wolf's Dragoons or something by HBS (since its they who brought the Fleas back to life)

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you happen to see this patch renewed for the release, please lemme know.

#30 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostTordin, on 02 May 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Nice update!!!!
Great to see the sales are good, if not great. I just fear the mindnumbing negative "reviews" on Steam didnt kick BT junk in too much. I fully understand those who have/ had a problem with technical issues and hickups with a good reason.

But those troll reviews that write nonsense after actually having been able to play it in like... 0.5 hours is just damnable at a minimum.
Also those yeah... dimwits not reading what the game is about and demanded, expected it to be a MechCommander game or even a MW game or like a fast paced COD experience by some bizarre reason.. All this time and they couldnt figure out what it was. Frigging....! Arrrgh. Stigmatising a game out of ignorance, sadistic enjoyment of over seen others being frustrated by their nonsense Ffs
/ rant

Anyhow...
I've been playing it often the last days, yeah my MWO time have facepalmed into the ground to put it mildly. I will find time to review the game after I have finished the story at least.
Havent encountered the problems those negatives reviewed about but as many others, it took time for the Paradox servers too give us backers and pre order folks the Atlas and Shadow Hawk skin. Love the Shawks skin, the Umbra (latin for shadow, the darkest part of a shadow) makes it look beefy, making sure my shawks witth that skin have max armor.

Posted Image

I pre-ordered. How do I get the skin?

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 25 May 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I pre-ordered. How do I get the skin?

From the kickstarter thing preorder or a preorder from the store/steam/etc?

It kinda matters.

If from the kickstarter, then if you log into it, you should see a kickstarter rewards page. Mine had a code that I had to redeem into steam for it to show up, and then... Welp I had to specifically get the Shadowhawk D (though I read in a recent patch note that they have expanded it to all Shadowhawks now) and then change the paint pattern to umbra.

You change paint patterns in the mechbay (prior to the mechlab, I believe).

Btw anyone seen the latest patch notes? Another patch and naturally they don't show up on Steam... instead the last three news sets talk about map mods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users