29 replies to this topic

#21 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

GenJaxk, your not right. Thanks for the laughs though. Buh bye

Nema, not saying to donate mechs. I just said I would share my cbills and Mc if I could. I would rather have PGI consider that new players should have an equal chance to complete the challenge.

Edited by RustyBolts, 07 May 2018 - 12:06 PM.

#22 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

I'm with everyone else: Get over it. Not every event needs to be completed by everyone. Particularly when there's, what, thirteen of them?

I mean, seriously. I'ma big proponent of the mega-events being all inclusive. When they made FP lootbags attainable for a reasonable score, thus allowing anyone to grab them in Scouting, I was all for it. But complaining because an account that hasn't even broken out of it's cadet bonus can't finish a single event out of thirteen? That's absurd. I suspect your new player friends don't even really care.

I take it we'll be getting another thread when Tryhard day pops up?

#23 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 12 May 2018 - 02:32 AM.
unconstructive

#24 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostBombast, on 07 May 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

I take it we'll be getting another thread when Tryhard day pops up?

I really want to stick with the Osiris this month (aside from a few challenges, like the AMs/LRM one today and the Medium/Heavy/Assault days), but I may have to go full Clan laservomit on Try Hard Day Posted Image

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 07 May 2018 - 12:06 PM.

#25 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:08 PM

As usual the forums don't give a **** about new players or anyone who attempts to point out something that can easily be corrected that will help the new players. buy hey, at least the forum ****** got to spout off so all is well.

#26 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

I'm soo damned right that you've become butthurt.

And not to mention everyone else besides you is agreeing with me.

#27 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

Buying mechs is part of the game? This event gives enough cbills to buy 2 easily.

#28 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 07 May 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

As usual the forums don't give a **** about new players or anyone who attempts to point out something that can easily be corrected that will help the new players. buy hey, at least the forum ****** got to spout off so all is well.

It's 50MC. Calm down. Not everything needs to be a drama.

Please suggest to your friends to buy one of every weight class per Faction, hopefully with B/E/M/AMS/ECM hardpoints, to maximise potential gain in future events.

Then, please suggest they purchase at least one variant of each chassis, to minimise the potential lock-out in future events.

Then, please suggest they at least purchase some MC & Premium Time, so qualify for the (likely) MC Reward 'mech this year & increase their C-Bill earnings per match.

#29 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 07 May 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

If accepting that new players missing 50 MC out of 500+ available MC is the forums not caring about new players... well, I don't know where to go with that sentence, actually. Because that's absurd.

It's 50MC. It's not a big deal, especially since PGI has, over the last year, lowered the bar on events so low that someone in a coma could clear them all. If we were to make a list of all the problems new players have, missing out on a bit of MC is at the bottom of it, below...

1. Bad or completely absent ingame descriptions of equipment and game mechanics
2. A tutorial that's is not suffecient
3. A user interface that is not easily understood by anyone who's never played mechwarrior
4. A mechlab that is confusing beyond belief

I'd make every MC event completely unattainable to new players if the trade off was they fixed even one of the above issues. They are far more important.

Edited by Bombast, 07 May 2018 - 12:17 PM.

#30 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

[mod]Thread closed at original poster's request.[/mod]

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users