Ballistic Based Clan Mediums?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

A few days ago I posted looking for advice on Clan Heavy / Assault Mechs... However, playing my IS Heavies (Warhammer & Roughneck), I realised that I do not get the most out of those.

For some reason, I seem to do best in Medium Mechs. Lights are too squishy, Heavy and Assault seem to be focused down very quickly, which often leaves me with the feeling that I did not really contribute all that much to my games.

I currently only own one Clan Medium, a Huncback IIC C. So I am looking for suggestions. The Mech should be reasonably tanky and put out some good damage.

Any recommendations are welcome. :)

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

I have yet to see a better Clan medium than the Hunch IIC. It has energy, missile, and ballistic variants, so it's pretty versatile. It's also the only medium I would consider putting 20-class ballistics on. (dual LBX20 gets me 500+ average damage per match)

Here's one of my builds... HBK-IIC-C

Edited by BTGbullseye, 10 May 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#3 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

The base Hunchback IIC is the best Clan ballistic medium by a wide margin. the IIC-C is good too, but the IIC has the extra hardpoints that'll let you do 4xUAC2/3xUAC5 dakka builds, whereas the IIC-C you already have is limited to dual large ballistics. In terms of ballistics potential, the HBK-IIC is equivalent to a 65-ton IS Jagermech... but with a fraction of the target profile.

Examples:

4xUAC2

3xUAC5

2xUAC10

2xLB20X

2xGauss

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 10 May 2018 - 04:18 PM.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

These are great builds folks. I normally like energy backup weapons plus at least a TC1 and CAP.

#5 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

I am using twin UAC10s on mine. (EDIT: With ERMLs as backup weapons - every now and then I do run out of ammo) I considered getting the base version, but since they just offer a sale, I thought I might as well save some money while I am at it. :) Are any of the Medium Mechs currently on sale really good? Not as good as the Hunchie, but quite good? :)

I also do quite nicely with my Blackjack most of the time. But I already have a number of laser vomit builds and a 4 ASRM6 build as well. :) Hence my looking for ballistic based builds. I considered the Shadowcat (the one with 7 ballistic slots), but I do not think that is currently on sale.

Edited by Darakor Stormwind, 10 May 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#6 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Yeah as far as Clan mediums go for ballistic builds, the Hunchback IIC is your best bet really. You can do some ballistic builds with the Hunstman but it's not really popular

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

Huntsman is great but one UAC-10 with 3-4 ERSLs as backups is about it. Not a bad build. Has jump jets and can carry a TC1&CAP as well.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 11 May 2018 - 03:19 AM.

#8 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 11 May 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

Huntsman is great but one UAC-10 with 3-4 ERSLs as backups is about it. Not a bad build. Has jump jets and can carry a TC1&CAP as well.

Huntsman can do dual UAC-10 with 2 EERSLs or UAC-5s with ERMLs. I can post them later: phone.

#9 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 11 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Huntsman can do dual UAC-10 with 2 EERSLs or UAC-5s with ERMLs. I can post them later: phone.

I am as close to full armour as you can get. Love to see your builds.

#10 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Smurfys is not up to date or something, the C UAC-10 is taking up 1 more slot than it should be. I'll try just screen shooting the builds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SMDMadCow, 11 May 2018 - 10:24 PM.

#11 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

No, that's how the HMN works. Mine runs 2 UAC10s and they fill up the torsos just like that. LB10Xs fill up all but a single slot in the right ST.

The HBK-IIC is definitely a better Ballistic Medium for the Clans, though.

#12 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

View PostSeranov, on 12 May 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

No, that's how the HMN works. Mine runs 2 UAC10s and they fill up the torsos just like that. LB10Xs fill up all but a single slot in the right ST.

The HBK-IIC is definitely a better Ballistic Medium for the Clans, though.

Smurfys has the UAC-10 taking up as many slots as LBX, which is why I put up the screen shots.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:11 PM

Storm Crow is good for mixed builds ballistics,energy,missle. Love these builds Jack of All Trades Master of None.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users