The Motherload Sale! Extra Mc! 40% Off Select Mechs!

64 replies to this topic

#41 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

I am trying to trying to scrap together the means to pick up the Mad Dog Bandit and Hellbringer Hero who's name escapes me at this advanced hour. I need snow fall camo and one additional colour a blue from Clan Smoke Jaguar if memory serves me.

#42 G 4 R R E T

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:46 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 11 May 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I am trying to trying to scrap together the means to pick up the Mad Dog Bandit and Hellbringer Hero who's name escapes me at this advanced hour.

It is called the Virago. And you should probably read the patch notes before buying that one ...

#43 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

Phew lucky I saw the patch notes before opening my wallet to fill in some of the clan heroes I'm missing in that list. ;)

#44 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

View PostLeidulfr, on 10 May 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

... These strategies are infuriating.

After 3 years of not playing, I come back...

You announce the Solaris 7 Deals two weeks ago, on April 27th, so I buy some MC/Cbill gift packages for myself so I can try some new 'mechs...

Then you announce the Solaris 7 Deals AGAIN the following week, but this time I wouldn't have had to gift to myself for the deal I wanted, and I could have just bought the MC/Cbill packages for myself...

Then there were also some Heros that were discounted, AFTER I had just bought two of them; had I known the next day you were going to discount some of them, my choices would have been different...

And, NOW you announce a bunch of mechs are 40% OFF, after I just got done buying 3 Annihilators with the CBills that I just bought the MC/Cbill gift packages for in the first week, AAAAAAND, I would've gotten bonus MC?!

I've been discouraged from putting anymore money into the game once again... so irritated... I feel stupid.

Bro nobody forced you to buy anything , this is a free game . PGI has no control over what you buy or not buy and at what point . Its possible they escalated this because they did not make much money off the previous deals . They need to pay their rent too .

You should also know by now that there will be 40 and 50 % discount deals sooner or later . You should only wait for that .
This 40 % discount and MC bonus was a very very rare offer usually only reserved for black friday or Christmas . I consider myself lucky if i just take advantage of one of those .

#45 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

This is a great sale for someone like me just starting out. This plus May Days event let me purchase 5 mechs I was interested in in each class to try out. I will say half price mech bays would have sweetened the deal.

#46 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 12 May 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

Bro nobody forced you to buy anything , this is a free game . PGI has no control over what you buy or not buy and at what point . Its possible they escalated this because they did not make much money off the previous deals . They need to pay their rent too .

You should also know by now that there will be 40 and 50 % discount deals sooner or later . You should only wait for that .
This 40 % discount and MC bonus was a very very rare offer usually only reserved for black friday or Christmas . I consider myself lucky if i just take advantage of one of those .

I never said they forced me to do anything. I realize it's F2P. And, you clearly didn't read my message(s) thoroughly, nor did you grasp the point of my whining. They need to pay their rent? So, that justifies how they go about tricking people? It's BS. I'm pointing it out. No one else has. Why? Oh, because such BS happens all the time elsewhere? That also makes it fine? Okay. Live with it? Suck it up? Hello... I am. I kind of have to, because apparently it's acceptable behavior, and it's not my party.

#47 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostLeidulfr, on 12 May 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

I never said they forced me to do anything. I realize it's F2P. And, you clearly didn't read my message(s) thoroughly, nor did you grasp the point of my whining. They need to pay their rent? So, that justifies how they go about tricking people? It's BS. I'm pointing it out. No one else has. Why? Oh, because such BS happens all the time elsewhere? That also makes it fine? Okay. Live with it? Suck it up? Hello... I am. I kind of have to, because apparently it's acceptable behavior, and it's not my party.

Sometimes it just sucks man. Sales happen all the time at business. Some will offer you refunds if you ask and its within the reasonable timeline. Do you want to feel better? I bought a home 29th December 2008. I got a first time home buyer credit of 8K that I had to pay back slowly no interest over a long-term agreement. January 26th rolls around and Government decides people that buy a house in 2009 don't have to pay it back. You are pissed about a few bucks... I got ****** out of 8k by 28 days. Got to draw the line somewhere just always sucks for the people on the other side. I have had good luck with customer serivce. You should try if you are in within a day or two of a major MC purchase.

Edited by LordLosh, 12 May 2018 - 05:09 PM.

#48 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

View PostTreacherousCake, on 11 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Mech - ARCTIC WOLF ACW-1

7163142 - 40% = 4297885 C-Bills

2870 - 40% = 1722 MC

Mech - ARCTIC WOLF ACW-2

6926142 - 40% = 4155685 C-Bills

2775 - 40% = 1665 MC

These aren't listed for sale in game:

Posted Image

That's because it was selling for more than it was being bought for... 1.4m c-bills for 10 seconds and a few clicks was really not a good thing for the game on the whole.

#49 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 12 May 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

That's because it was selling for more than it was being bought for... 1.4m c-bills for 10 seconds and a few clicks was really not a good thing for the game on the whole.

How was that not a good thing? More money>more mechs>less grind>more fun>more people playing>better matchmaking>bigger playerbase>more overall income.

#50 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:11 AM

View PostzerosouL, on 13 May 2018 - 02:21 AM, said:

How was that not a good thing? More money>more mechs>less grind>more fun>more people playing>better matchmaking>bigger playerbase>more overall income.

Huh? You buy a mech for cbills, sell it back immediately for 1.2m profit, then repeat an unlimited number of times for 1.2m cbill profit each time. How is that good for the game?

#51 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:01 AM

View Postarcana75, on 13 May 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

Huh? You buy a mech for cbills, sell it back immediately for 1.2m profit, then repeat an unlimited number of times for 1.2m cbill profit each time. How is that good for the game?

Besides, when had this bug last time on a sale for the Mist Lynx G, PGI later on corrected that bug and retroactively emptied all accounts who tried to exploit it. So, it's better they take out this mistake before it escalates again and people complaining about being slapped on the wrist for exploiting it.

Well, really nice sale. Need to have a closer look at what I might want to buy. Haven't played MWO since Battltech that often.

#52 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:21 AM

View Postarcana75, on 13 May 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

Next time maybe read what you quote? Sounds like a good tip for you. And tell me hows that bad for the game while youre at it. Most revenue comes from the mechpacks/mechbays anyway and not the ccbills bundles. Tell me how less grind is bad for the game?

#53 TreacherousCake

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 12 May 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Well damn... I wanted the ver2 for something a PPC build and people just had to exploit it. Shame.

Edited by TreacherousCake, 13 May 2018 - 08:26 PM.

#54 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

I am not trying to be a downer Debbie but wish the Nanuq was on sale. I am slooooowly buying Clan Omnimechs/ Mech Heroes looks like I may pick up the Mad Dog Bandit, Shadow Cat Mishipesu,Cougar Blood Adder and either the Ebon Jag Espirit de Equip, or Hellbringer Virago. ECM is a great assets.

#55 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

The Cougar is a surprisingly effective light, so long as the Clan laser nerfs stay gone. Just run it like a heavy that has already been LRMed half to health, and you'll do well.

#56 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

Love this sale, but it has filled up all my mech bays! Posted Image
Any chance we will get a mech bay sale before the sale is over? Posted Image

#57 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

My military budget is gone.Got everything I mentioned but the Virago and Smoke Jaguar Blue. I now need to skill my Mad Dog Bandit, the Shadow Cat Mishipsu, and the Ebon Jag Espirit de Equip.

#58 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

Thanks to Real Life, I haven't been able to pick up anything from this Sale as of yet. I hope that someone in PGI's Staff is reading this thread, and could extend the Sale's time by a bit, otherwise I might be forced to miss out. :(

~D. V. "Still needing time to study, in order to find the right stuff to get..." Devnull

#59 easyday

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 May 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Thanks to Real Life, I haven't been able to pick up anything from this Sale as of yet. I hope that someone in PGI's Staff is reading this thread, and could extend the Sale's time by a bit, otherwise I might be forced to miss out. :(

~D. V. "Still needing time to study, in order to find the right stuff to get..." Devnull

Yeah, my son hopes also for an extension of the sale...

#60 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

View Posteasyday, on 15 May 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yeah, my son hopes also for an extension of the sale...

I managed, finally, to get mine purchased before the Current End-Of-Sale Time. Had to shave off a few because I recognized how badly my (C-Bill) stack would get hit. However, I hope you and your offspring still get that Sale Extension. :)

~D. V. "So I made it... does NOT mean it should fail to get an Extension." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users