Solaris Seemed Cool At First. Now It's Annoying And Boring

5 replies to this topic

#1 Thraka

• PipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

If I'm not an annihilator, nor an rotary cannon or laser barf fanboy, there is no point playing this mode. Thinking about all the programming that went into this, it seems like that could have been put into making better maps or other game modes. Maybe even make VIP pilot-able.. We can't even have different mech builds for solaris vs normal gamemode. 1vs1 requires a different build from 12vs12...

Sigh.

#2 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostThraka, on 11 May 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

If I'm not an annihilator, nor an rotary cannon or laser barf fanboy, there is no point playing this mode. Thinking about all the programming that went into this, it seems like that could have been put into making better maps or other game modes. Maybe even make VIP pilot-able.. We can't even have different mech builds for solaris vs normal gamemode. 1vs1 requires a different build from 12vs12...

Sigh.

Its to bad Solaris was not done right like the old Solaris leagues were you only had 4 divisions
Assaults Vs Assaults
Heavies Vs Heavies
Mediums Vs Mediums
Lights Vs Lights

Then you could take any mech you owned in your mechlab into battle in each division with any loadout it was simple and fun game play. If you won great if you lost owe well build a better loadout or switch mechs.

The other Solaris League was a stock only league set up the same way but stock mecks only.
You have to understand players will min-max to win exploit to win and (H) to win as well its just in there nature.
And only the Devs can stop so much of it in any game.

P.S I agree with you so I don't play Solaris back to QP and FP if I can find a game until they fix Solaris 7.
We also had a tournament for each division every 3 months which was fun if you made it in.

Edited by GBxGhostRyder, 14 May 2018 - 05:59 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

The Divisions are a better thing then simple weightclass divisions. See the Hughgernouth vid from Molten Metal. He show how you can find your way of fighting a "so OP" mech.

I also had very interesting matches with my Atlas, normaly going against Kodiaks, that where not just Kodiaks anymore. People started to experiment I think as I meet more different builds like Shadowcats or that damn stealtharmor guy that annoise me to no end.

You woulnd't get that with just weight restrictions. Sure the current setup isn't ideal but its a start.

#4 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

Its pretty good to play S7 from time to time. Just not 24/7.

#5 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 17 May 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

Its pretty good to play S7 from time to time. Just not 24/7.

I swear I thought you were quoting Mephistopheles from the prelude to Faust when I started reading... off topic, sorry

#6 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

WoW the 1st 2 posts in this thread show the real problem with this game / community

"LASER VOMIT IS OP IN SOLARIS" ....... not sure whether to laugh or cry at the ignorance of that

LIGHT VS LIGHT .......... yep lets put the lct 3v , pnt-10p and spider 5v .......... in with the pirahna myst lynx javelin urbie wolfhounds and commando's.... rofl same can be futher emphasied with the other divisions.

The solaris Divisions are decently done, you can never had every mech equally balanced just like no 2 people are exactly the same, one comes out 1st.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users