8 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

That about sums up what bothers me with the Heavy Large Laser and AC/20 ghost heat restrictions ( and eventually I assume Heavy Gauss Rifle ). It really ruins the feel of the game for me if I am not allowed to shoot both of my big guns at the same time.

This has nothing to do with balance or damage numbers for me personally, but when big guns are limited to being shot 1 at a time it's not all that enjoyable. Make of it what you will. Posted Image

#2 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

I was thinking they could replace AC20 GH with a screen shake like dual HGauss causes, so you can fire both of your AC20s but your followups would be off target. Though it might need a little something extra since you can fire AC20s faster than HGauss.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostAzure Kit, on 13 May 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I was thinking they could replace AC20 GH with a screen shake like dual HGauss causes, so you can fire both of your AC20s but your followups would be off target. Though it might need a little something extra since you can fire AC20s faster than HGauss.

It might add a little immersion if the recoil from large ballistics slowed or staggered you a tiny bit.

#4 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

I wish ac20s were unlinked already. That really hurts the King Crab.
I'm fine with giving it a screen shake.

In fact whenever I use regular gauss now I feel like its so puny and not satisfying like slamming Hgauss into someone.

Most mechs except Assaults cannot carry dual ac20s + auxiliary armaments anyway. Plus, there is already AC20+dual snub. And that causes no problems, its actually kinda inferior TBH.

Edited by Humpday, 13 May 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#5 neofightr

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

Sadly, eventually the die hards would overcome any shaking and their would be a balancing issue.
I think accuracy should be a thing like it is in tabletop. ie. numbers under the hood.

#6 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Sadly, eventually the die hards would overcome any shaking and their would be a balancing issue.
I think accuracy should be a thing like it is in tabletop. ie. numbers under the hood.

Its already been overcome long time ago, stagger fire is the only way to play heavy gauss.

#7 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

Yes but screen shake is pointless, after you shot two ac20s or two hgrs, you usually retreat and go back to cover, they should get some spread penalty so that when fired together they don't necessarily hit the same component

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

il take recoil mechanics over ghost heat any day. that includes ghost spread, screen shake, and hgauss style torso deflection.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 May 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Most heavy mechs won't need follow ups, if they can fire 2 AC20s at once. Cause 2xIS AC20s are not only deadly, but so damn heavy and bulky.

Edited by El Bandito, 13 May 2018 - 06:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users