#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 12 May 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

It is simpler and straight forward. But I suspect the same horde of clan players will do the same to any nerf that they propose. Regardless of whether it makes sense.

You speak as if IS players do not suffer from similar mentality.

#22 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostRuccus, on 12 May 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

I'll just copy and paste Koniving's post in the 'Russ to shelf laser nerfs" thread:

I think even with the nerfs clans still have a slight advantage. Some may switch over to IS, some may stay with clan, and I think that's a good thing for the variety of mechs on the battlefield.

The LAST person on this forum you should pay any attention to. Did you see his post about how 2 HLL and 6 ERML is 90 damage? That is only 78 damage and if he meant HML then thats 96 damage with EXTREME ghost heat. I doubt you could fire 2 HLL and 6 HML without shutting down. 2 HLL and 4 HML can be fired without ghost heat but its only 76 damage.

#23 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

View PostRuccus, on 12 May 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

I'll just copy and paste Koniving's post in the 'Russ to shelf laser nerfs" thread:

I think even with the nerfs clans still have a slight advantage. Some may switch over to IS, some may stay with clan, and I think that's a good thing for the variety of mechs on the battlefield.

Koniving's math is wrong, because he read the patch notes wrong. I explained it in the other thread, but I'll link it to you again to read:

View PostVxheous, on 12 May 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Post nerf would have been 52 damage Clan to 60 damage IS.

Max combo post nerf (now rolled back):
1. 2 CLPL + 4CERML = 52 damage
2. 2 CERLL + 4CERML = 50 damage
3. 1 CHLL + 4CERML = 46 damage.

You read the patch notes wrong and thought that you can run 2CPL + 5CERML but 5CERML is where ghost heat already kicks in. Had PGI dropped the threshold for ghost heat on CERML by only 1 (allowing 5 CERML to alpha), that might have been ok. Dropping the threshold by 2 is really large drop, along with the CHLL single laser ghost heat threshold.

#24 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

I mean isn't the reason why IS get so many armor quirks is because Clans do more damage? So what happens if they balance out Clan damage, that means IS has to lose their structure/armor quirks? :/

#25 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

You speak as if IS players do not suffer from similar mentality.

That hasn't stopped a single IS nerf.

#26 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 12 May 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

That hasn't stopped a single IS nerf.

It did get the HPPC to deal all 15 in one place rather than that craptastic 12+3.

#27 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

How about we not nerf anything? Hmm?

Seriously.

Just stop nerfing. All it does is piss your existing player base off ("oh sweet now I get to rebuild a set of mechs I had thought I had mastered years ago...again. Great"), makes it next to impossible for a new player to know what is going on; convince everyone that what they buy today will be broken tomorrow, and frankly it makes you (PGI) look stupid when yours devs keep posting about how great balance is (Russ on Twitter, Chris here and on Reddit, and Paul on NGNG) and yet mysteriously you feel the need to break something nearly every month.

Just stop.

I don't know where this need to increase TTK is coming from (what? you want a solaris match to last 45 seconds instead of 30?), but wherever it originates, your doing it wrong. You want to go after TTK? Fine. Then go after stupid crap like strikes. or mechs that can boat more weapons than any other, but do it with precision and specificity, not with nerfs that will make your players simply stop playing whole swathes of mechs or simply build around your silly changes. Use your head and go after the actual OP builds if your must, but killing whole play styles with your "must increase TTK" fixation is just dumb (not to mention TOTALLY contrary to your design goals following the skills tree).

#28 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:00 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 12 May 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

How about we not nerf anything? Hmm?

Seriously.

Just stop nerfing. All it does is piss your existing player base off ("oh sweet now I get to rebuild a set of mechs I had thought I had mastered years ago...again. Great"), makes it next to impossible for a new player to know what is going on; convince everyone that what they buy today will be broken tomorrow, and frankly it makes you (PGI) look stupid when yours devs keep posting about how great balance is (Russ on Twitter, Chris here and on Reddit, and Paul on NGNG) and yet mysteriously you feel the need to break something nearly every month.

Just stop.

I don't know where this need to increase TTK is coming from (what? you want a solaris match to last 45 seconds instead of 30?), but wherever it originates, your doing it wrong. You want to go after TTK? Fine. Then go after stupid crap like strikes. or mechs that can boat more weapons than any other, but do it with precision and specificity, not with nerfs that will make your players simply stop playing whole swathes of mechs or simply build around your silly changes. Use your head and go after the actual OP builds if your must, but killing whole play styles with your "must increase TTK" fixation is just dumb (not to mention TOTALLY contrary to your design goals following the skills tree).

I personally think TTK going up would having bad consequences even if there are a few benefits.

The longer it takes to kill someone the more ammo people will use up and the more they'll need to bring or it'll completely drive them away from ammo dependent weapons and we'll have the same problem all over again.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users