5 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

I think these old maps are made for it. Any thoughts on implementing this mode? I get that the community is far too small in number to have too many modes spread across in different sections (look at Solaris, Faction Play, Comp., Group Play) but 3 groups going against each other could make for some great matches, I think.

#2 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:50 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 21 March 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

I think these old maps are made for it. Any thoughts on implementing this mode? I get that the community is far too small in number to have too many modes spread across in different sections (look at Solaris, Faction Play, Comp., Group Play) but 3 groups going against each other could make for some great matches, I think.

I think the larger maps you have now, like Polar, Artic, new Forest, River etc,. are capable of six lances on a team based (four member lance) free for all.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

Not going to happen, sadly. One of the major flaws of their Cryengine is it can handle not more than two seperate teams.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 21 March 2019 - 11:45 PM.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

View PostAnjian, on 21 March 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

I think the larger maps you have now, like Polar, Artic, new Forest, River etc,. are capable of six lances on a team based (four member lance) free for all.

Hehehe yeah. They remind me a little of Mount & Blade's tourney grounds.

#5 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:59 PM

if this was possible we propably would have 8-man free for all solaris right now

#6 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:22 AM

Solaris was designed for individual and 2x2 combat at the expense of everything else......... It failed completely.

Why would PGI go down that rabbit hole again? No, they learned that MMOA's simply don't work......very well and went back to a single player mode to make some money. If the COOP in MW5 works, then, PGI might look elsewhere. But, that is a long time from now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users