31 replies to this topic

#1 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Greetings to my fellow mechwarriors, it is I Archbishop Battlemaster and I brought message from my lord in his secret HQ.

First he want to express his joyous grattitude to the balance to team for their bold step of balancing the Clans by tackling what made them so powerful. But atlas all good things come to end, reports came in three moons ago that Clan operatives were able to alter the plans of the balance on clan lasers.

Despite his great efforts we lost one of operatives who tried to expose the Clan spies, his loss will not be forgotten but it still doesn't change the fact.

Posted Image

But it will not stop us in our never ending quest of achieving balance.

Today our suggestion to is take a hit at cSRM's.
  • cSRM 2 GH cap will be reduce from 7 to 5.
  • cSRM 4 and 6 GH cap will be reduce from 5 to 3
We decide this is a right choice considering the weight savings and boating nature of cSRM's compare to their bulky IS counterparts and feel like this help bring in line of the two weapon systems.

We have decide on few minor changes to help TTK and making the game more asseciable to fresh, new players.

AC20 and uAC20 will have a GH cap on 3 from 2, but we increase the heat of the weapons to balance out the weapons.
  • AC20 heat increse to 8 form 6.
  • uAC20 heat increase to 9.5 from 7.
  • cuAC20 heat increase to 9.5 from 7.

After close study from PGI's secret data department, we decided that AC2 are over performing and are adding GH to reduce the sheer dps of the weapon.
  • AC2 GH will be cap at 5.
  • uAC2 GH will be cap at 5.
  • cuAC2 GH will be cap at 5.
And to finally round out our suggestions IS small laser will receive a damage buff.
  • Small Laser damage will increase from 3.5 to 10.
  • ER Small Laser damage will increase from 3.5 to 10.
This is the end of the message from our glorious leader, I bid you all farewell.

Posted Image

#2 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

Posted Image

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

Clans and IS are balanced today, clan laser nerfs would have lead to everything else getting nerfed in turn...

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,897 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

https://i.ytimg.com/...o/hqdefault.jpg

Here’s a thought:
Lets stop crapping out ways to break things and instead try and come up with ways to make things more fun to play.

No more nerfs. No making GH suck more than it already does.

#5 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 15 May 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

Here’s a thought:
Lets stop crapping out ways to break things and instead try and come up with ways to make things more fun to play.

I Endorse this message.

I have been preaching for a while that PGI needed to stop the cycle of nerfs and that it was that cycle of nerfs, more than anything that has been slowly poisoning this game. Everything keeps getting either more restrictive or more dumbed down making the game worse and worse each and every patch. Right now things are pretty balanced between Clan and IS and even the forum had died down as far as all the complaints at least right up to PGI fanned the flames again with their proposed change to ghost heat for the clans. Now we are at each others throats again...Yay PGI!!!

No more Nerfs, no more drastic changes and a focus on improvement with the goal of making the game more fun, exciting and engaging. That is what we need to be seeing coming from PGI right now.

#6 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

Here’s a thought:

So just let the Meta be Meta? It's certainly a idea that sounds more appealing to the wobble train to balance.

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 15 May 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

I Endorse this message.

I have been preaching for a while that PGI needed to stop the cycle of nerfs and that it was that cycle of nerfs, more than anything that has been slowly poisoning this game. Everything keeps getting either more restrictive or more dumbed down making the game worse and worse each and every patch. Right now things are pretty balanced between Clan and IS and even the forum had died down as far as all the complaints at least right up to PGI fanned the flames again with their proposed change to ghost heat for the clans. Now we are at each others throats again...Yay PGI!!!

No more Nerfs, no more drastic changes and a focus on improvement with the goal of making the game more fun, exciting and engaging. That is what we need to be seeing coming from PGI right now.

I should have been less blasé about the no more nerfs thing. To be more precise:

I am sick of broad brush weapons based nerfs and would like very much to never see their ilk again as a mechanism for achieving so-called balance. That is to say, using the mention of adjusting GH to AC2 in the OP as a spring board, if there is a problem with one or two variants’ use of AC2s which renders those two variants specifically OP, then by all means apply a nerf to those variants and/or their use of that weapon; but applying a nerf to the weapon as a whole just needs to stop. In this example my silly 5AC2 Jagger would not be a problem whereas my Annhilator might be. Nerf the problem build/variant not the joke one.

So by all means, use the force (or whatever meme we are going with here) to adjust outlier performance but I really would like the Empire to stop killing whole planets of playstyle or weapons, or classes of mechs.

Edited by Bud Crue, 15 May 2018 - 08:37 AM.

#8 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

Thank you for your concern about the subject matter Bud, but I assure this have no ill will or harmful inten but rather invoke conversation upon the forums.

#9 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 15 May 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Thank you for your concern about the subject matter Bud, but I assure this have no ill will or harmful inten but rather invoke conversation upon the forums.

Oh I know. Sorry about the crapping comment (it was intended to be funny in light of the image I linked).

I think most of the community based ideas and suggestions come from a desire to fix things and make things more fun. Even when I don’t agree with them. In re your OP and my comments, I just want PGI to not get the idea that we really want more nerfs to weapons or even more added GH. My own view is that outliers should be addressed with specific nerfs or buffs and that broad brush changes should only be done if a single weapon is truly problematic in all instances.

#10 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 15 May 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Oh I know. Sorry about the crapping comment (it was intended to be funny in light of the image I linked).

I think most of the community based ideas and suggestions come from a desire to fix things and make things more fun. Even when I don’t agree with them. In re your OP and my comments, I just want PGI to not get the idea that we really want more nerfs to weapons or even more added GH. My own view is that outliers should be addressed with specific nerfs or buffs and that broad brush changes should only be done if a single weapon is truly problematic in all instances.

I understand your concern over the subject of balance and share the same view how balance should be done.

And this is just post that me and Caz made try to help bring up discussions and have not pgi to use as a guide to balance the game for does taking this a serious lens.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 15 May 2018 - 09:50 AM.

#11 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

What do the spies say about energy draw?

#12 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostStridercal, on 15 May 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

What do the spies say about energy draw?

Well we heard the guy that hit it on the dartboard was swiftly taken to the kennel to "feed the pups" after it became a complete failure. We haven't heard or seen from him every since our spies been caught a while ago.

#13 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

Here’s a thought:

Only if they bring back the 1000% Quickdraw.

#14 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,714 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 28 May 2018 - 04:59 PM.
nonconstructive/picking fights

#15 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:03 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 May 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hey clanners just dropped in to leave these for ya.Posted Image

Hmm i do wonder what'd happen if a Clanner made an IS version of this.
Will take bets on how many reports it'd get.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 16 May 2018 - 01:25 AM.

#16 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:00 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 16 May 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

The Free Salt League, founded by the the noble Great House Whinik?

#17 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:03 AM

View PostLuminis, on 16 May 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

The Free Salt League, founded by the the noble Great House Whinik?

I'm taking that. Sorry, (not sorry) Posted Image

Edited by Lupis Volk, 16 May 2018 - 03:03 AM.

#18 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

Yeah, I'm still amused every time a single mech variant or combination of weapons that Ghost Heat can't handle that people still refuse to consider Energy Draw despite it being able to handle these instances in a heartbeat.

Which really convinces me that the problem really is that people want improvement, but really don't want to change anything. Especially with the chorus of "stop the cycle of nerfs" even though we have also have just about as many buffs.

And that mentality has also infected PGI who made some bigger changes like Engine Desync and Skill Tree, yet has done little to work out their flaws and improve the ideas and so we are left with bad implementations.

Both of which ends up with one sad end result: bad balancing.

#19 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

Posted Image

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 16 May 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

they clearly dont know what the expression means anyway

theyre not crocodile tears when PGI tries to nerf clan lasers so they have a lower alpha while at the same time having longer beam duration and longer cooldown.

that wouldve made clan lasers strictly inferior to IS lasers. clan players were entirely in the right to complain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users