Solaris City New Map Quick Play Challenge

153 replies to this topic

#141 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

View Post50 50, on 22 May 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 May 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm just using the Old Supply Caches as a gauge for the New Supply Caches.

Old way
- Random chance of getting a supply cache from a match.
- Needed to pay MC for a key to open a cache
- Random chance of getting a single item
... normally just sell the things for the 50k in c-bills.

New way
+ Simply earn the Supply Caches as we play
+ Don't need to buy keys to open them
+ Get all 4 items from the Cache

Maybe the rarity of the caches and items is a bit off but probably getting more from them than before.

Eh, I don't think it's giving as well as it used to be able to. I haven't heard reports yet of anyone getting any of the following...
  • Large chunks of (MC), based upon Supply Cache Rarity
  • Large chunks of GXP (General XP), again based upon Supply Cache Rarity
  • Single Mech Bays (should be in Rare Supply Cache and higher)
  • Single Shiny New Mechs (Mech Bay Included!)
  • Single WarHorns (helpful when hearing a Kill allows your mind to more easily switch enemy targets)
...which leaves the New Supply Cache System in a bit of a lurch for how worthwhile it happens to be. In my opinion, PGI really needs to fix Indicated Item Rarity, and then do a better setup of what will come from each Rarity Level. Frankly, the Old Supply Cache System could simply have had a Minor Edit to remove the need for Cache Keys, and maybe not be able to preview before trying, and then it would have been a bit more interesting. But hey, we can only hope that PGI will notice these posts and adjust the New Supply Caches, right? :wacko:

~D. V. "Feeling a tad bit of letdown from the state of New Supply Caches..." Devnull

#142 Curios Odus

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

So, I've been trying for 4 days now, but no-one votes for this map. Is it THAT bad?
Regardless to say, no challenge for me.

#143 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

View PostCurios Odus, on 23 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

So, I've been trying for 4 days now, but no-one votes for this map. Is it THAT bad?

It's too brawl heavy... No place for effective use of more than 250m optimal range weapons.

#144 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostCurios Odus, on 23 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Map's not that bad, but it is laggy due to being unoptimized, therefore you may have to turn down Graphics Settings on your computer. However, PGI needs to turn up the Frequency with which that Map appears. It's not fair to people to be unable to complete the Challenges because they are unable to get there in the first place due to people voting away from it. So there should be more chances to Vote, build up your Multiplier, and Force Access to the Map every 12 Matches at most. I'm starting to think I may need to pester a PGI Developer about this... :(

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

It's too brawl heavy... No place for effective use of more than 250m optimal range weapons.

LOL!!! Not true at all. Haven't you looked at all the area around the center of Solaris City? There's tons of area to use longer-ranged weaponry. It's all a matter of thinking of different and new ways to play on the Map, and NEVER get stuck like a lemming that constantly just runs into the center area. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Sooooo many issues to cover with Solaris City, but so little time..." Devnull

#145 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

I have AFKed only once on this map. I am done with this Challenge but open to more PGI.

#146 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 May 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

LOL!!! Not true at all. Haven't you looked at all the area around the center of Solaris City? There's tons of area to use longer-ranged weaponry. It's all a matter of thinking of different and new ways to play on the Map, and NEVER get stuck like a lemming that constantly just runs into the center area. Posted Image

The problem is, nobody EVER goes to the areas where long range is as useful as brawling weaponry... Effectively making it a brawl map. (I've never lost when my team has more brawlers than the other team, not once)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 24 May 2018 - 08:24 PM.

#147 Ryoma2040

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

I've only seen this map come up three times on the vote. Once was just this second as I was typing this.
It's only won the vote once so far.

The map had been out a week before I even saw it in the map select.

#148 teuchy

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

Been playing on and off over the weekend. Only seen it 3 times and got to play it twice. I've ended up in Polar Highlands more than Solaris City. Either need to extend the event (not much use to me; I'm travelling this week) or up the rotation. Very little chance of getting the supply caches.

Personally, I like the map - but my mech is a brawler.

Edited by teuchy, 28 May 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#149 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

View Postteuchy, on 28 May 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Been playing on and off over the weekend. Only seen it 3 times and got to play it twice. I've ended up in Polar Highlands more than Solaris City. Either need to extend the event (not much use to me; I'm travelling this week) or up the rotation. Very little chance of getting the supply caches.

Personally, I like the map - but my mech is a brawler.

While I may be long-done with the Event myself, I do hope you get your Time Extension and/or Frequency Increase! :)

And by the way, I like this New "Solaris City" Map too... even though nowhere near many of my Mechs are brawlers. B)

~D. V. "Still trying to keep the queues loaded... But we need PGI's help to make the Event better." Devnull

#150 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

like others i wont do even half the event. I played 2 games in solaris in 20+ games, either it doesnt appear in option or is not voted. I hated invasion event and now this and many in between that require a particular map that is not even in constant rotation. But you never changed it so it was not going to be now.

#151 Leviathan MDK

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:06 AM

Brawl heavy? i would say peek heavy in both times i played it we won by peeking around corners and snapping 2xHGR shots into the brawlers. They changed there mind verry quickly about pushing Posted Image .
Love the map but the really put it more in rotation so you can actualy vote it and up you multiplier.

#152 13am13am

Rookie

• The Star
  • The Star
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

Played about a dozen matchs and havnt even had the map come up for vote. Whata joke. Stupid challenge

#153 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

Since the map was released, I've played on it 24 times. I've done 213 quick plays this month to date, so that gives me an 11% drop rate on this map, which seems about right for a single map. Anyone else wanna share stats on how many times they've played it vs how many games total?

#154 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:28 AM

Had the map come up multiple times for me, completed the event in one evening at the start. I had it come up again multiple times last night also but it never got enough votes to be played. I think that pretty much says it all. I like the map, and I try to stay away from the center when I do get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users