2 replies to this topic

#1 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:40 AM

Yup, been working on this for a little bit. I think I'm getting close to completing. Well it's good enough for now. So wut u guys think? I call her R3DAL3RT!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Total build costs, just a bit over $900. Built about 2 months ago. It took some time shopping deals but I feel like I made out.

Ryzen 5 1600 running @ 3.7ghz 25c idle 45c loaded (Can clock it to 4.1 but taking it easy)
Nvidia Gaming X GTX 1060 6G
Team 2400 DDR4 running @ 3000mhz (Hit 3200 but its scary) 8g 2x4 ( RAM Ain't cheap =( )
MSI B350 Tomahawk
MSI Core Frozr L CPU Cooler
Apacer Panther 240g SSD
1TB HDD
Scorpio 635w Powersupply
Deepcool Earlkase
8x ebay RGB fans
2x RGB strips
RED Aluminum GPU support bracket
Custom Magnetic Foamboard Front Panel w/ RGB LED and Dustfilter (25cent black leggings, lol they work!)
Ebay cable extensions custom sleeved w/ walmart paracord.
3.5 in lcd running GOverlay

Hopefully I didnt forget anything. I feel like I hit the silicon lottery too. Which is sweeeeeeet! I dunno I keep wanting to add more and more. I was thinking some custom rubber grommets with msi badging, and possibly custom cable combs w/ LED msi badging. I dunno. Time and money are against me at this point. Got so much stuff to do. At least it's up and running like a spring chicken.

Edited by Omaha, 19 May 2018 - 05:14 AM.

#2 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

Not hating but oof 8gb of ram? If I built the system I'd slap in 16gb and probably have the parts in an all white case. Also if you have spare money for cosmetic upgrades, why not put some of that toward hardware upgrades?

#3 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Believe me, I wasn't gonna wait any longer to scalp deals. I did the best I could (which I feel was great) with what I had to work with. There wasn't that much extra money to work with for visual upgrades. Trying to figure up the costs of stuff in my head. It was around 60 bucks for rgb fans, cable sleeving (Did myself), some spray paint, and some foamboard, and cheap rgb strip for panel. It wasn't enough to go with another 2x4g kit or just a single 2x8g kit at the time of shopping. I was really having troubles finding deals on RAM.

Yeah It hurt to go with just 8g. Ram prices are crazy tho. So I went with some eye candy, to help me look past the ram issue. Until prices become better for better performing/high capacity memory.
8g's does everything I need/runs everything I got atm.

The case, All I was really looking for in a case was water cooling support (part of my upgrade path), and glass panel. I found a great deal on this case bundled with a 80plus bronze modular power supply that worked for my build. It was a great price too! Under $65 It also came with a rgb strip, so bonus!

RAM is the first thing on my upgrade path list.

I really needed this upgrade, I was on a LGA775 (q6600) chipset still... I always hold on to hardware, and tools. I do have some things now that will make my next build even a better deal in the future. At least that's what I was saying to myself. Anyways I'm proud of how it turned out. EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE YELLOW USB HEADER. It triggers my ocd. LOL

I'm sure you can build this even cheaper now that Ryzen 2 is out. When I did this there was talk about it comming out, but no dates. So I just pulled the trigger and fired away. Could of waited, but maaaaaaan that 775 chipset!

Edited by Omaha, 30 May 2018 - 01:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users