31 replies to this topic

#21 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

View Postccrider, on 21 May 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Golden Kamuy looks like a fan drawn version of JoJos bizarre adventures. I'll stick to seraph of the end.

Also, my phone tried to auto correct end as "Turkish propaganda." interesting choice

[Pained Screeching]

#22 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

I'm already shipping the two best characters from each series:

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

Edited by ccrider, 21 May 2018 - 01:31 PM.

#23 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:24 AM

Irregardless of which Manga you like, for all intensive purposes we are one happy Kazoku now.

There will be no references to the federated rockbangers and their devilish chicken tenders, no more explanations that the purple birds of the Free Worlds League are called such because their planets are free to take, no mentions of Steinkers inability to reclaim their c-bills (xaxaxa), and we will certainly NOT be sharing anymore Capellan cooking recipes on the best way to prepare the mud cakes that sustain 99% of their dirt farming citizens.

No, now we are all as one and may enjoy the latest mechpacks in peace.

Ha ha ha.

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:45 AM

It is with great joy that I speak on behalf of all Clans to say that a new IlClan has been elected. With new leadership the war to better the Inner Sphere continues. So much to look forward to! We are currently using advanced Clan medical science to revive the frozen brains of M. Night Shyamalan and Adam Wingard to continue their critical work in modernizing the otherwise archaic and uninteresting anime being liberated as we push south to Terra. Again.

I look forward to the new interpretation of Gurren Lagann. I am sure it will involve Chris Pratt, Autobots and lens flare and will receive critical acclaim across Clan occupied space.

Behold your future!

Posted Image

#25 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:47 AM

It's really incredible that every time PGI does something to the game, they manage to make it worse.

Please, find those Cryengine contractors who made the base game and see if they're not working for a company making a big space ship game. Then re-hire them to fix everything you broke.

#26 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

View PostSteamCharts Kerensky, on 22 May 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

It's really incredible that every time PGI does something to the game, they manage to make it worse.

Please, find those Cryengine contractors who made the base game and see if they're not working for a company making a big space ship game. Then re-hire them to fix everything you broke.

No mah dude, we just mod mw5 for multiplayer. Much easier

#27 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostPositive Mental Attitude, on 22 May 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

No mah dude, we just mod mw5 for multiplayer. Much easier

lmao

Oh yeah, Mechwarrior 5 is coming out, for sure, my man. PGI is going to make a GREAT Mechwarrior game with great AI enemies to fight, on interesting and well designed maps, with cool mission design, and functioning clan LBX autocannahahahahaha hahahahh

#28 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

View PostSteamCharts Kerensky, on 22 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

lmao

Oh yeah, Mechwarrior 5 is coming out, for sure, my man. PGI is going to make a GREAT Mechwarrior game with great AI enemies to fight, on interesting and well designed maps, with cool mission design, and functioning clan LBX autocannahahahahaha hahahahh

not what i meant, alltho I heard its going to have coop and mod support. I mean since its already all in the unreal engine itll be easy to mod into something else. We will have working models, maps, mesh buildings, tanks, helis etc etc. Its not very hard to go from having all that and making it pvp.

#29 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 21 May 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

[Pained Screeching]

Translation: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..."

Welcome back NKVA!

#30 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostSteamCharts Kerensky, on 22 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

lmao

Well, the MWO client is a ******* abomination and designed around online-only play. You could mod it to screw with the stats of weapons and gear, you could mod in mechs, etc. but there's way less you can do to, say, have a MWO client that connects you to a friends private server.

MW5 however doesn't have a server-side client involved that nobody has access to. You absolutely could mod it and if you've got a friend willing to spend a bit of money or has a hosting server already build a multiplayer environment modded however you want. You absolutely could get always-on servers that could run 40-50 concurrent players. You could cloud source it for virtual servers and have 200+ player concurrent capacity (assuming you've got the game optimized enough for 40 players in one server which is absolutely doable with Unreal) for about $150 a month, give or take.

You'd need some very competent people to make the mods but remember: MWLL was 100% fan made and supported. There's a lot of middle aged nerds in this fandom with tech jobs and the disposable income. MWLL, Freelancer, lots of player made mods supporting solid player populations have been done.

That's the magic of a MW5 that's not dependent on a server client. If PGI can't make working LBX one of your fellow nerds can.

#31 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

View Postccrider, on 21 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

the one concession I will make here is that esdeath is in fact best girl but it doesn't stop her series from being really bad

View PostXannatharr, on 22 May 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Translation: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..."

Welcome back NKVA!

that's the transcript version, yes

#32 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

I wouldn't have much hope the map is ever going to mean anything