67 replies to this topic

#41 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

So, any recommendations from these:
HGN-732B, CTF-0XP, PNT-10P, ENF-4P, GHR-5P, ZEU-5S, several Blackknights and Crabs, Top Dog
Of this sale, these are the chassis I don't own yet. I don't need more mechs, just unsure if I maybe miss something nice.

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:31 PM

Thoughts about Drop Decks? Hmm...

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 May 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

I'd say 50% Off would be good? Posted Image

It'd have to be 66%, or I can't buy one. Posted Image (I'm poor)

I'm also on the Poor side for (MC) right now, too. I just didn't think PGI should undercut themselves too heavily. Therefore, 50% Off is about the maximum that I ever think to request, and only on the really steep stuff. :huh:

View PostKhalcruth, on 23 May 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

I will never, ever, EVER buy one until they do go on sale. I refuse to pay the price they are asking.

I know this feeling all too well. Unless I end up with like 10000 (MC) to spare, anything more pricey than 50% Off is outside of my league. Heck, I'm surprised they don't give an Ultra-Rare Voucher in a Supply Cache to unlock one of these, or at least a comparable free 1200 (MC) in order to provide for Unlocking a Drop Deck as an option. :(

~D. V. "Yet another who knows how it is to be lacking funds..." Devnull

#43 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:36 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 23 May 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

HGN-732B, CTF-0XP, PNT-10P, ENF-4P, GHR-5P, ZEU-5S, several Blackknights and Crabs, Top Dog
Of this sale, these are the chassis I don't own yet. I don't need more mechs, just unsure if I maybe miss something nice.

I'd probably recommend you to get these: HGN-732B (really good armor quirks for a 90 ton assault) and a Crab (great hitboxes).

#44 Toek

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

I have to say, as much as i like all the sales, C-Bill poverty keeps me away from buying things these days. Especially Packs with 3 or more chassis. C-Bill sink in leveling plus customizing is way to high for me. I understand that there has to be a grind aspect but for my tastes with the new skill system it's way too high.

Edited by Toek, 23 May 2018 - 11:14 PM.

#45 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:58 PM

Need sale for Atlas, Awsome, Orion, Kintaro, Commando. :-) Ok ... and Hellspawn ;-)

#46 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:58 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

I will get to those Mechs as I am working my way Backwards through the Database.

Ah, the 10 extra spare MechBays I bought this week will be put to good use then :-)

View PostPurity the Kitty, on 23 May 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hey PGI - there's been 3 mech sales in 3 weeks.

I'm BROKE. Can we have another cbill event to go with this one? Cripes.

Yeah, I shed 20% of my funds, too.

#47 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

I cant understand getting CBILL capped....... I only ever get XP or Mech bay Capped.

View PostBuenaventura, on 23 May 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

HGN i dont like them. yuk, yuk, enf-4p ac20 4 med pulse, the mounts are very low, ghr-5P is a MRBC comp er ppc poptart, it also does laser vomit ok. Zeus-5s is decent in solaris 1v1 mode but weak in 12 v 12 QP compared to other similar options. Black Knights, 6B is the only one that PGi haven't made trash, its playable laser vomit. crab are decent 6 medium laser brawlers, or 5 med pulse, the crb-20 has a higher engine cap than the others and is the one i own.

#48 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:29 AM

I am broke at the moment. I do not feel too bad though. I am only buying Hero Mechs/Omnimechs( excluding the Blood Asp Standard Pack)once the disposable income tree comes back to life. It will be a while as I have 3-5 left to skill counting my MDD-BA Bandit.

With all this military spending I feel like President Reagan during the Cold War.

#49 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

I will get to those Mechs as I am working my way Backwards through the Database.

Thank you SO MUCH!

Will save some c-bills for those, then. I've had them on my wishlist for a long time. Gotta catch'em all!

#50 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

There are so many sales all the time, it all feels..cheap. Is PGI getting really desperate for money/no one plays the game anymore or what do you think?

#51 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:01 AM

Yay, no Iv4 again.

#52 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

Still hoping that there's a sudden announcement for a Double XP weekend starting at 5pm PST today. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

#53 Eagle_Owl_Kr

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

No Jager-DD sale for several sale events... why?

#54 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostEagle_Owl_Kr, on 24 May 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

No Jager-DD sale for several sale events... why?

View PostZh0u, on 24 May 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

Yay, no Iv4 again.

Please read the thread... Matt has posted twice now that more sales are coming, and that he's doing them in a specific order (going back through database row IDs). He will get to your mechs in time; the whining is not helpful.

#55 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

Well, I finally got a moment to stop and check out the Sale. I'm too short on (C-Bills) to do anything that I could have intended, and found out some of the Mechs were not what I was looking for anyway. I'll have to look forward to the next Sale, sadly. :(

Also, I can't come up with a good build for a UM-R63... I want Full Jumpjets, DHS, plenty of ER Smalls, 1 RAC5, plenty of speed, and near-max armor... But I keep ending up on the 060-Model Engine every time I try to figure it out. *facedesk* -_-

~D. V. "For once, I'm failing at designing... That's a new experience, and one I don't like." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Formatting Error...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 25 May 2018 - 10:59 AM.

#56 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 May 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Also, I can't come up with a good build for a UM-R63... I want Full Jumpjets, DHS, plenty of ER Smalls, 1 RAC5, plenty of speed, and near-max armor... But I keep ending up on the 060-Model Engine every time I try to figure it out. *facedesk* Posted Image

While I'm pretty sure your exact request is impossible, you should ask 006Jerry about Urbanmech builds. He has plenty of them.

#57 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:08 AM

I take back what I said about the 6B. its as trash as the rest, i forgot its structure not armor.

#58 Wing Gundam Zero Custom

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPlanet Dirt

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Don't get why you guys don't just set different sale values for some mechs so they'd sell back at a negative not a plus.
Dumb and ******** mc scaling aside should have 50 or higher sale for assaults in regards to MC.
Should sale mc colors for creds

Should actually do something interesting event wise... Like have a match score of X while staying under X amount of damage or have a silly stupid high awesome reward for a high score not counting damage done.
Cool challenges like kill a mech with over ride on at over 100% heat.
Do X damage to enemy team via bumping or jumping on them.
Kill a mech with only and only one weapon equipped
Win a match without taking even a single step moving foward in a urbie so backwards movement ONLY
Shoot down over 1000 missiles in a match

#59 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

So what's on sale next? Posted Image

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 27 May 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

So what's on sale next? Posted Image

Lemme guess, you've got a frag-ton of (C-Bills) to burn? Any chance the rest of us could have some Events with Good Rewards like...
  • Loads of (C-Bills)
  • Loads of (MC)
  • Some "Hanging Cockpit Items"
  • Some "War Horns"
...all in the same Event before we have another Sale? I'm freaking tapped out here, just working from one (C-Bills) paycheck to another!!! Heck, I think I can be reasonably certain that a lot of people are tapped out for (C-Bills) at the moment. :(

~D. V. "More Sales? We need Events with 'Lots of Good Rewards' to balance it!" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users