5 replies to this topic

#1 LeastWeasel

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Hello, all!

So, as I am working up to affording a LFE & Artemis upgrade for my 1C brawl build, I heard murmurings ( & experienced myself) that brawl builds in QP are an excercise in patience, timing, and luck. So I thought I’d cook up a midrange loadout with serious poke & an option for a little dakka stream if I catch people looking the other way. I had an extra ton & 2 missile hardpoints... so, hey, rockets?

https://mwo.smurfy-n...31988ea48a94058

Looking for the usual mix of input & wisdom!

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

Try this on for size: https://mwo.smurfy-n...e69a6b5c3af5ebf

Fits on 1A, 1C, 2A and Powerhouse, with 2A being preferable.

#3 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

For a midrange build, I'd probably just do something like this https://mwo.smurfy-n...3e54fda413ffc0d

Poke with MRM's at mid-close range, and 3 HMG for close-in work on things that are hopefully opened up already.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

This is just me, but I'd just rather focus on a big salvo to scare the first person that pops out. If he backs off the others behind him will most likely back off as well.

RGH-1C

That's an LB10X with MRM50 so it's 60 damage to the face if you hit with everything. The LB10X also fires fast enough if you need to keep shooting and works late game when there are open components.

I feel that RAC/5 + MRMs is just too hot.

#5 LeastWeasel

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:23 AM

View PostElizander, on 10 June 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

This is just me, but I'd just rather focus on a big salvo to scare the first person that pops out. If he backs off the others behind him will most likely back off as well.

RGH-1C

That's an LB10X with MRM50 so it's 60 damage to the face if you hit with everything. The LB10X also fires fast enough if you need to keep shooting and works late game when there are open components.

Totally giving this a try! I like.

#6 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

View PostElizander, on 10 June 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

RGH-1C

Do it with MRM40+10 instead of 30+20, it'll save you 2 tons and if you stick the MRM10 in first you'll decrease the size of your hitbox by a fair margin. You should drop the Targeting Computer to free up the extra slot you need for the new config, it isn't doing anything super valuable for you when you're only using MRMs and LBX. If you shave a little more armor off the legs (50 each rather than 57 each), you can up the engine to a Light 280 to go 7.5 kph faster than you are and you can add an extra heat sink to the open engine slot. I'd also rearrange the armor some, you only need ~4 armor in the rear for most mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users