#1 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

To Pgi
1.2 EUROPEAN UNION (GDPR)

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU regulation on data protection and privacy which takes effect on May 25, 2018 and covers all individuals in the European Union. The purpose of GDPR is to give individuals control over their personal data and simplify the regulatory environment for businesses by unifying the laws within the EU. GDPR is applicable to all citizens of the EU, and its regulations apply to all businesses that do business with citizens of the EU.

->so where is my Control over this matter??<-

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

Which parts exactly do you wanna control? You should probably read the whole GDPR first.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 May 2018 - 09:26 PM.

#3 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 May 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Which parts exactly do you wanna control? You should probably read the whole GDPR first.

the privacy part of course what's is stated within.

#4 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

View PostAbisha, on 24 May 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

the privacy part of course what's is stated within.

The privacy part pertains to personally identifiable information--information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Which means PGI must not disclose your name/e-mail/address by default on your profile, unless you choose to display it. Also, personally identifiable information does not cover personal stats, so those are fine to be displayed.

#5 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

it also states
Right of access[color=#54595D][[/color]edit[color=#54595D]][/color]

The right of access (Article 15) is a data subject right.[26] It gives citizens the right to access their personal data and information about how this personal data is being processed. A data controller must provide, upon request, an overview of the categories of data that are being processed (Article 15(1)(B)) as well as a copy of the actual data (Article 15(3)). Furthermore, the data controller has to inform the data subject on details about the processing, such as the purposes of the processing (Article 15(1)(a)), with whom the data is shared (Article 15(1)(c)), and how it acquired the data (Article 15(1)(g)).

A data subject must be able to transfer personal data from one electronic processing system to and into another, without being prevented from doing so by the data controller. Data that has been sufficiently anonymised is excluded, but data that has been only de-identified but remains possible to link to the individual in question, such as by providing the relevant identifier, is not.[27] Both data being 'provided' by the data subject and data being 'observed', such as about behaviour, are included. In addition, the data must be provided by the controller in a structured and commonly used standard electronic format. The right to data portability is provided by Article 20 of the GDPR.[6] Legal experts see in the final version of this measure a "new right" created that "reaches beyond the scope of data portability between two controllers as stipulated in [Article 20]".[28]

meaning i wanna know if A Pgi shares their data with 3e party B, i wanna know how they process the personal information.

this is a tab they can create under Profile which is current missing.

for far to long my mailbox have been spawning with crap of 3e party adds i not say Pgi is responsible but have to start somewhere.

#6 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

If you had read the whole patch notes you would have your answer already.

#7 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 24 May 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

If you had read the whole patch notes you would have your answer already.

now that you mention it it's pretty funny it's not on-line in the Rules & Guidelines section of MWO.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:07 AM

View PostAbisha, on 24 May 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

meaning i wanna know if A Pgi shares their data with 3e party B, i wanna know how they process the personal information.

for far to long my mailbox have been spawning with crap of 3e party adds i not say Pgi is responsible but have to start somewhere.

I can tell from my own experience that any spam coming to my way that has nothing to do with mechwarrior, is not due to PGI.

#9 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

View PostAbisha, on 25 May 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

now that you mention it it's pretty funny it's not on-line in the Rules & Guidelines section of MWO.

You have apoint Sir.

At least here you can read in the patch notes this:

"It’s worth saying that Piranha Games does not collect your personal information for any reason other than for you to engage with our products.
The changes listed above will bring us in compliance with the GDPR. However, we respect that some players will wish to challenge us on this compliance. "

Edited by Bishop Six, 25 May 2018 - 12:14 AM.

#10 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:51 AM

well hats off to the EU for recognizing the problem and trying to do something about it

this thread can and might turn political real fast

I have received a number of e mails from various companies telling me to opt in to the new rules

the bottom line is you the little guy have no power/rights---unless you want to go live under a bridge

knowledge is power and power corrupts

the USA is corrupt and that's why the EU has to take action, something that was not required in past decades

pretty sad that these measures are required

#11 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:00 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 25 May 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

well hats off to the EU for recognizing the problem and trying to do something about it

I have received a number of e mails from various companies telling me to opt in to the new rules

the bottom line is you the little guy have no power/rights---unless you want to go live under a bridge

knowledge is power and power corrupts

the USA is corrupt and that's why the EU has to take action, something that was not required in past decades

Its the right direction how you think and im not totally updated about the USA internal problems. But in Europe its not that good how you might think.

Everywhere it is the same: The rich ones have control what happens and laws are for little ones to control them. The more influnece you have the easier it is to avoid rules & laws....so politicans & their buddies can make business. But its a very complex topic and my comment is just inaccurate in detail. Its better to not think about his too much in this forum.

#12 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:03 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 25 May 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

You have apoint Sir.

At least here you can read in the patch notes this:

"It’s worth saying that Piranha Games does not collect your personal information for any reason other than for you to engage with our products.
The changes listed above will bring us in compliance with the GDPR. However, we respect that some players will wish to challenge us on this compliance. "

if that's only thing they doing then they doing right. within GDPR guide lines.
only thing that's then missing is a button to delete account and have the rights to be forgotten.

Edited by Abisha, 25 May 2018 - 04:04 AM.

#13 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 25 May 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Its the right direction how you think and im not totally updated about the USA internal problems. But in Europe its not that good how you might think.

Everywhere it is the same: The rich ones have control what happens and laws are for little ones to control them. The more influnece you have the easier it is to avoid rules & laws....so politicans & their buddies can make business. But its a very complex topic and my comment is just inaccurate in detail. Its better to not think about his too much in this forum.

Power as a result of money works at a very particular level.

as is often quoted "I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

At a proper local level an elective representative is likely to be responsive to local needs as the votes are likely to swing on small issue.

At the supra-national level the wealth and power of an individual or a cooperate is insufficent to deal with all the national competing interest. Worse yet for those wanting to corrupt at the supra-national the conflicting priorities of countries means that decision making is long, complex and often uses hard science to resolve disputes or frame the discussion.

However (in the UK) Westminster is the most over centralised systems of government in the world. Given the FPTP system that means over 50% of the votes are wasted (have no effect on out come) and that certain MPs are never ever going to be voted out and so have no accountability. The media and other vested interests can control a lot of the decision making with no accountability.

GDPR and data protection would never be introduced in a single country (outside of the USA) as they don't have market power to make it stick in a realistic way against Google, apple, facebook, twitter. Same is true of the tax rules coming in to force in the EU in 2019 designed to stop offshoring and billionaires avoiding tax. You need collective action large enough that it can't be avoided

#14 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:36 AM

View PostAbisha, on 25 May 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

only thing that's then missing is a button to delete account and have the rights to be forgotten.

You can always contact support to have your account deleted and all personal data deleted. Does GDPR specify anywhere that it has to be a button in your account screen? I thought it only required that it be done on request.

#15 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostAbisha, on 25 May 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

It's right there on the login prompt for the forums...

#16 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 25 May 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

It's right there on the login prompt for the forums...

Thats for the forums only not our whole mechwarrior online account. We should have control over everything we created here.. And that includes my profile with all my mechs and stats..

It also should not be going out to some third hand websites like jarl list..

#17 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

You should think about reading the TOS.

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

best way to control information is to give the internet nothing. just because a form has an optional field doesn't mean you have to put something in that field. if a form has a required field that it has no business asking for, its probably a scam. of course by those rules things like google and facebook are clearly scams.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 May 2018 - 07:00 PM.

#19 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 25 May 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

And that is how you go venomously political. Would you like to rethink your blanket smear against another nation?

#20 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

View PostSamial, on 25 May 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Thats for the forums only not our whole mechwarrior online account. We should have control over everything we created here.. And that includes my profile with all my mechs and stats..

It also should not be going out to some third hand websites like jarl list..

Mechs and stats are not considered personally identifiable information. Besides, the stats are already posted on the MWO forum leaderboards, so there is no difference if Jarl's list have them too. PGI didn't give them the stats, those can simply be datamined. I can still find out how bad the player actually is if I just log into the website--Jarl's just saves time. Just like Smurphy, on mechs/techs.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 May 2018 - 03:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users