Awesome Pretty Baby - A Diamond In The Rough?!

OP1v1 Division3

3 replies to this topic

#1 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

I decided to throw caution to the wind last night and outfitted my Awesome Pretty Baby for combat in S7. It has some monster quirks including weapon cooldown/heat reduction and a seriously fast torso twist. I threw on an MRM40, two Rocket Launcher 20s, a pair of Large Pulse Lasers and a Medium Pulse Laser as a final hail mary to its head. All this backed up by a rather reasonable standard 300 engine. She wasn't going to win any races but thanks to engine desync (for once working in someone's favour), she would still be very agile.

So how did I do?! In a word:

Crap.

Some 'Mechs are just never, ever, in a million years, no matter their quirks, going to ever be worth the time and money you spent on them. RIP sweetheart, maybe if PGI put you on a treadmill to shave off the pounds, you might be a little harder to punch in the tits.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

:D

#3 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

I routinely pull 1k+ dmg in my pretty baby, and it was one of the mechs i was originally most known for playing a year or two ago, DONT YOU DARE ******* BLAME THE MECH, ITS THE PLAYER JESUS CHRIST.

#4 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 26 May 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

I routinely pull 1k+ dmg in my pretty baby, and it was one of the mechs i was originally most known for playing a year or two ago, DONT YOU DARE ******* BLAME THE MECH, ITS THE PLAYER JESUS CHRIST.

I WANT TO BELIEVE YOU I REALLY DO!! The Awesome series are my favourite 'Mechs in Battletech, alongside the required choice of Marauder. I too was known among my friends for playing the **** out of those 'Mechs. I was boating pulse lasers in the 9M before it was cool maan, and when LRMPocalypse happened, it was the 8R that I chose as my stead. The PB has always had a special place in my heart for having by far the most idiotic hardpoint placement conceivable to mankind, yet still being immense fun to pilot. However, the PB suffers not only from poor hardpoint placement, but also from teeny tiny missile pod syndrome. Those MRMs come out as a stream from its arm and that basically makes you a sitting duck. The agility also doesn't help when the torsos are so easy to hit and very fragile.

I will always love my Pretty Baby, but only as a friend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users