Looking For Unit.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Mechwho

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Hello folks,

I've been looking for a casual Unit to join so I can finaly expirience the Faction Play in the game, I've decided to try join one now because due to recent changes in the game (in the past year) I've finaly found the game viable for me to play in a way that I could afford the time (and money) for it.

Picture below for the full roster of mechs that I currently posses:

https://imgur.com/a/Y5i49yd

NOTE: The Huncheback II is actualy Nova but with the picture of the former.

I'm aiming to improve in the ones I currently have, I'm not sure how will this affect me in the Faction Play but I'll be on vacation next week so I'll proboly be playing alot and with the help of a merc unit I can earn enough to set myself at least with a new assault and a few other mechs pretty fast.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:43 AM

Remember the warning about matchmaking in FP? Yes, it CAN and routinely DOES drop pug teams full of skittles (slang for completely random players) against 12-man premades .

If you go into FP, you either go in playing for keeps and prepared to the teeth or you're going to have a bad time. Hence, casual and FP do not really mix unless someone's a masochist.

With your current mechs and only two open mechbays you're nowhere near ready for Invasion drops. You only have two Clan mechs - insufficient for a Clan deck - and barely enough for an Inner Sphere deck, with mechs that are suboptimal, perhaps except for the Archer (and that only if built as a MRM brawler). You're going to have to have at least one drop deck fully kitted out with good, fully skilled builds (ones you can routinely get 400+ damage in QP) on chassis that combined come close to the tonnage cap.

For now I'd suggest that you switch between factions using your medium mechs in Scouting until you grind out the extra mechbays from faction rewards. Grab a Bushwacker P1 and build it as a streakboat ( https://mwo.smurfy-n...7e9831509cd0495 , https://kitlaan.gitl...eb0fa#s=Weapons ). It's not an exceptional build, but it's relatively straightforward to pilot and drops enough DPS up close to shred most Clan mechs in Scouting rather quickly.

Then a serviceable (which still isn't the same as optimal) generalist IS deck could be built with your Hunchback, Archer (2xMRM80, 2xML, Light 300, 4xDHS), the Bushwacker described above and either a Mauler 2P (2xUAC10, 4xML, STD300, 5xDHS, Targeting Computer III or Light 325, 4xDHS, Targeting Computer III/IV depending on whether you survive long enough to spend an extra ton of ammo) or Cyclops 10-Q (6xArtemis SRM-6, Light 375) depending on the map and your preferred engagement range . I'd advise the Mauler as a first option.
Keep in mind that generalist decks are not a long-term solution - it's not uncommon for players to build specialized decks for different maps and modes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users