Score Screen Revamp

No replies to this topic

#1 Matmoesa

• Pip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

So I have been talking to some people about the end of round score screen and how it can be not only misleading but only rewards hunter-killer types of gameplay.

As it currently stands the score shows your match score kills, assists and damage but there are a few issues with this. the damage chart has a habit of not being accurate at all for if you get the final shot into a side torso and blow off the arm the arm health also gets added to your damage total. the issue with this is that my team might be laying into a assault mech open up a side torso and ill wizz by in a commando shoot a single volley of 2xsrm4 and boom I have so much damage added to my score repeat that a few times and by the end it looks like I did all the work with my damage way out in front knowing full well I did next to nothing and just cleaned up for my team.

This is frustrating for a few reasons. one being you can be shooting all game use up a heap of ammo one round and get ok-ish damage or another round it can blow out over 1000 the difference had nothing to do with my skill or the team, just me lucking out getting the crippling shot a few times.

the other issue is I know there are people who are exploiting the system waiting to capitalize on their team's hard work for the score and glory it encourages bad team practices.

The other thing it should bring to the table is more match score for supporting roles and tanking.
sometimes you have to be the first guy through the door and you get blown to bits the upside your team gets through the choke point and the enemy is now riding the heat train but your effort gets little reward for the victory.
so a thought was to award C-bills and match score for tanking. the mechanic I thought up so far is you get more score if you die with a lower overall heath percentage over say dying with a high health percent.
If twist and shield and thrash that mech body around, good job! you get some score if you sit their face tank every shot and get cored through the middle, boo learn to twist. and as its based on a percent, it shouldn't make a difference on mech weight classes. It might also make tank roll mechs more rewarding eg the Atlas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users