- - - - -

Body Moves Back On It's Own.

14 replies to this topic

#1 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

Haven't played in a long while. Just updated and tried out, but I am having a simple issue.

When I move the mouse, the torso moves as expected. When I quit moving the mouse, the torso recenters itself. This is making it extremely difficult to hit anything, and certainly is not the way I remember things working.

I have reset the controls to default, restarted the game, and rebooted my computer, but the problem persists. Is there a setting that I am missing?

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

That is how it works now... It's because your arms are unlocked from your torso, and PGI don't know how to properly design a 2 reticle aimpoint system. (where the slower one approaches the faster, instead of both approaching the other like it is now)

#3 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 28 May 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

That is how it works now... It's because your arms are unlocked from your torso, and PGI don't know how to properly design a 2 reticle aimpoint system. (where the slower one approaches the faster, instead of both approaching the other like it is now)

Just checked. The arms were locked, but now I have unlocked them, and I see a difference is the way things work, but the same base issue happens.

I am centered left and right, but looking up at about a 30* angle. Any time I stop moving the mouse, it torso slides back to that location.

#4 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Ok. Fixed. I unplugged my Fanatec peddles for racing, and now things work fine.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Is there a joystick or an issue with the C or F keys on the keyboard?
Remove joystick.

Clean around those two keys, they may be counting as pressed when they shouldn't. Some multi button mice tend to use C and F, too.

View Postdewme5, on 28 May 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Ok. Fixed. I unplugged my Fanatec peddles for racing, and now things work fine.

Yep. Joystick. Your joystick, admittedly, could have been used to control torso rotation, too....

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

Peddles/whatever.

Actually in lore, Battlemechs are turned left and right (the legs) by using foot pedals.... So if you changed them to do that instead of turning the torso...

#7 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Peddles/whatever.

Actually in lore, Battlemechs are turned left and right (the legs) by using foot pedals.... So if you changed them to do that instead of turning the torso...

That's actually the primary reason I always wanted some pedals... That and flight sims.

#8 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Peddles/whatever.

That may be a good idea for the fun of it. I had used a HOTAS in the past, and liked it, but I do realize that the game was designed to be played with a keyboard and mouse.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

If you can find a "Zero order" HOTAS, you'll be able to be just as good as mouse with a joystick. There are some out there but they are not cheap. Art sticks, a secondary mouse that looks like an Atari paddle that has 32 directions plus rotation is able to do the job perfectly... the engineer at my work has one for Autocad diagrams and SolidEdge.

Anyway, a throttle stick + decent mouse + pedals should suffice for a good cheap balance.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Can't wait for a VR version.

Imagine a Mechwarrior game with this level of cockpit control... *Rolls down window....*

I mean...
Just imagine.....

#11 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can't wait for a VR version.

Imagine a Mechwarrior game with this level of cockpit control... *Rolls down window....*

I mean...
Just imagine.....

I have the Thrustmaster A10 Hotas. And the Vive, with a good video card. I am anxiously waiting on a VR version.

Weapons tracking tied to your head, legs tied to pedals. Really sounds immersive. I might be asking for to much, but I know I am not the only one!

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

I rather enjoy having weapon tracking tied to the mouse, but "mouse look" tied to the head... I like being very situationally aware during combat. Plus I might get cramps with head tracking enemies.

Have you tried the Occulus Rift? Was wondering if perhaps you tried them both. I'm still debating which one to get.

#13 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

I rather enjoy having weapon tracking tied to the mouse, but "mouse look" tied to the head... I like being very situationally aware during combat. Plus I might get cramps with head tracking enemies.

Have you tried the Occulus Rift? Was wondering if perhaps you tried them both. I'm still debating which one to get.

I have not. If you wait to find out which is better, you will miss all the fun. Most games work on both. The big difference being the Oculus is for sitting games, and the Vive is for sitting and standing games. For the money, if it is not going to be a financial burden, I highly suggest getting one. I have never regretted having it.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

View Postdewme5, on 29 May 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

I have not. If you wait to find out which is better, you will miss all the fun. Most games work on both. The big difference being the Oculus is for sitting games, and the Vive is for sitting and standing games. For the money, if it is not going to be a financial burden, I highly suggest getting one. I have never regretted having it.

The Rift, though, has expanded to include the rest They also use different methods to perform tracking within the room.

The handheld controlling apparatuses also seem to allow you to control all your individual fingers. I don't know if Vive can do the same.

Also do you happen to have Skyrim or Fallout 4 VR? Another thing I've been wondering is if they ever got around the "teleport" mechanic. I like LA Noir's ability to actually walk/run.

Edited by Koniving, 29 May 2018 - 06:10 AM.

#15 dewme5

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

View PostKoniving, on 29 May 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

The Rift, though, has expanded to include the rest They also use different methods to perform tracking within the room.

The handheld controlling apparatuses also seem to allow you to control all your individual fingers. I don't know if Vive can do the same.

Also do you happen to have Skyrim or Fallout 4 VR? Another thing I've been wondering is if they ever got around the "teleport" mechanic. I like LA Noir's ability to actually walk/run.

Had to go play FO4 to remember. On the vive, it is full run and jump. Skyrim, I only have the regular version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users