Random Stuff, Too Lazy For Multiple Threads.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

I took a decently long break of a few months and started playing the game again about a month ago and a few things I was wondering about in no particular order.......

1) Am I tripping or I should I be using regular clan ac/10s now....they seem to have more inherent differences with their uac counterpart than any other clan autocannon. 2.25 cooldown versus 2.5.....but 2 heat versus 3.5? Seems like a big difference. I get it double tapping is hella valuable at times but between jamming being really painful now and the idea of not having to waste skill nodes on getting the enhanced uac/rac nodes to cut the jam chance......my brain is telling me this is a logical choice.

2) Is it just me being derpy or is brawling harder than ever in a QP match?

3) What the hell happened to time to kill (again) in this game? Is it just me or has it gone down noticeably in the last few months? For reference, I took my break starting end of the summer last year and started back up here in April at some point, playing only a handful of matches in between. Damnit, when I left it felt like even though the skill tree is a little overwrought.....it felt like that combined with quirks ttk was in a better place than it had been since clans hit the scene. I suspect thus is why brawling seems so hard now, it's like one shot or two and an entire body part is ripped off even a 75 tonner. It's nuts I feel like I can't go anywhere or do anything creative.

This engine desync thing sucks a *****.. And **** yo heavy large lasers too.......because that's what clans totally needed right? A laser weapon so damn powerful that even a horrid burn time isn't enough to dissuade people from using it like a proper clan laser should, remember when everyone thought clan er larges were completely unusable? Good times, compared to this. At this point they might as well just un-nerf everything that's ever been nerfed so that if we're stuck with a low ttk environment at least we could have the maximum number of fun, OP mechs to melt each other with for variety sake instead of just having little waves of 3 or 4 that are God in any given season and then nerfing them to un-funness 3 months later. Bring back the KDK-3 in all its terror, resynch engines, allow ppc/gauss linkage, to hell with ghost heat, speed up lrms, who the hell cares anymore, everything does anyway in 3 seconds of sustained fire now that everything is too damn slow to spread damage effectively and get in and out of smaller cover elements. If I'm gonna get wrecked at least give me the choice of ALL the OP nonsense there's ever been instead of just one set at a time. /endrant.

Edited by Rando Slim, 29 May 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,832 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

cacs are in a good place now. i never had a problem with them, always considered them equivalent or better to the is equivalent. the only one i really dont like is the cac5, the damage is too low for a clan weapon, and if you are going to boat 5s, the uacs are acceptable both in heat and jams.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 May 2018 - 02:14 PM.

#3 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

Maybe you got killed by some with H-gauss within their optimal range. And yeah Mad Cat IIs are too good. That's why they were going to be nerfed a bit. Instead the usual happened and Clams got upset. Though I think a lot more had to do with the GH nerfs they were proposing. We still haven't heard anything on if they intend to test those changes or if we'll be getting nerfs of a different kind.

#4 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

And yeah Mad Cat IIs are too good. That's why they were going to be nerfed a bit. Instead the usual happened and Clams got upset.

I don't recall anyone at all complaining about the MCII nerfs...

#5 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

1) No you are not tripping, though most of the player base is so used to regular C-ACs sucking by definition that they have been hesitant to even consider trying them despite their being one of the few weapons that have actually been appreciably buffed in the last year. Though I've seen a couple folks running them in GQ, C-AC10 is still a rarity, probably because even if one considers them as being a decent alternative to a UAC10, the LBX is still a single shot, at less tonnage and with its buffs (and skill tree) is probably considered a better option nonetheless.

2)No you are not being derpy. Poke is the name of the game. Getting folks to push is a near impossibility, even when you have a team of mostly brawl builds. Should you defy the odds and get everyone to work together the poke damage often kills the majority of the ball before it gets into effective brawling range.

3) According to the devs TTK is higher then ever and they have stated within the last couple of months (Paul on an NGNG twitch cast thingy) that thee top goal of balance decisions is to increase TTK. If it feels lower to you, I don't know what to tell you other than its probably the consequence of the HGR buffs of a while back mixed with the rise of the Cyclops hero and Annihilators running same, added to the fact of the clan Gauss/Vomit on the MK-IIs that you mentioned in point 4.

4) Yes. The B is the new Kodiak 3. The others are those running Gauss Vomit. See above.

5) This one is up for debate. Some folks say the are wide open as the population has dwindled due to Battletech and whatever. Others say we have tons of new players so you are just getting lots of noobs who are flooding the queues due to Battletech or whatever. PGI just is normally silent and when pushed occasionally suggests that the MM is working as intended. Who really knows.

6) Yes, desync sucks ***. No clan ERLL are not OP or sarcastically lame. They are only a problem on a few builds and then only as part of a greater gauss/vomit load out on a few mechs capable of pulling it off. But yes, they ought to un-nerf everything because the alternative is for them to either do nothing which they won't do because they have a c-bill sink to maintain; or keep doing what they have done for all but 2 of the last 12 months and nerf things, often dramatically and without apparent rhyme or reason. Out of those options, I would love to play with everything un-nerfed for a month just to get a new base line of observations for them to start anew from.

Edited by Bud Crue, 29 May 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 29 May 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've seen a couple folks running them in GQ, C-AC10 is still a rarity, probably because even if one considers them as being a decent alternative to a UAC10, the LBX is still a single shot, at less tonnage and with its buffs (and skill tree) is probably considered a better option nonetheless.

In Solaris at least, CAC10s on my KDK-3 is superior than any LBX10 boating opponent.

#7 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 May 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

In Solaris at least, CAC10s on my KDK-3 is superior than any LBX10 boating opponent.

Are you facing static opponents? because if they even sneeze or to a twitch step and you try to track, 2 of those three projectiles are going to go off the mark.

Edited by JackalBeast, 29 May 2018 - 09:58 PM.

#8 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

As far as I am aware the jam nodes on the skill tree reduce the time to un-jam not the chance of jamming.

#9 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 May 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

See OP? They are out there. Just not many.

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:58 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 29 May 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Are you facing static opponents? because if they even sneeze or to a twitch step and you try to track, 2 of those three projectiles are going to go off the mark.

Even if they try to twist, I still get more damage on a single section with the CAC10 shell stream from 400 meters away, than the spread from LBX10s. CAC10 duration is only 0.22 second, twice as short compared to SPL. Besides, most of my opponents are in Assaults.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 May 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#11 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

Thank you for the replies. Sorry for essentially complaining. I'm still having fun and am making good use of my premium time I just am having a really hard time a killing up my mechs from zero. I coasted on historic so for a while but now that I've got less than 2500 left I'm kinda trying to just do it the normal way. Good to know I'm not being too dumb thinking clan. AC/10s are alright. It's funny to me to hear people talk of LBXs being good now but I guess every weapon system has its time. Personally I don't quite understand what changed to make them the better choice suddenly. I know part of it is more that uac jam time got made much worse and I think they made the spread a little tighter at some point but I've always like them for their intended brawl purpose.

I was working on an Orion 2c-A variant and realizing that there's some times where I personally prefer the longer range pinpoint possibility of a clan a.c. over an lbx even as a brawler because it can be nice to shoot them at medium range as I close in and an a.c. is more pinpoint than an lbs at 400-500 meters. I don't have much trouble landing clan as where I want against heavies and assaults. I simply don't bother trying to shoot lights with it 8 times out of 10. That next was also what I was driving and realizing either I just suck or brawling is harder than ever.......and it has never been the easier dominant style ever really. I tried 2 atm 9s and 2 streak 6s with an lb 10 on it and they were....ok I guess results were anywhere from 60-800 damage hard to get kills. Tried switching out the lbs for a regular a.c. 10 and the streaks for arms with Artemis and its.....eh.....should be better but I'm not really so far. Now I'm trying full brawler with an ac/20, 4 arm 6 with Artemis and 2 med pulse and still not doing great. Maybe 325 damage pretty quickly but then I die just as. I hate lens as a rule but I dunno maybe I gotta try them......sigh........or maybe it's just the Orion 2c sucks (I'm trying to collect at least 1 of every chassis and got one during the sale around mothers day).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users