I Love This Game!

4 replies to this topic

#1 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

Had a great weekend (finally got Ace of Spades). Had some rough matches but a lot of good ones.

Started to skill out my Linebacker/Med Pulse build and it's been fun as hell. Definitely might buy the hero just to get the better mounts.

Didn't have a lot of work to do these last few days so I actually managed to play for a proper session this weekend.

Sometimes, you have to forget all the salt and just remember how fun this game is. Play some fun builds, don't take things too seriously, watch some streams...

Edited by thievingmagpi, 03 June 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#2 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

It’s a great game and I almost always have fun when I play. For me it’s the thrill of running light mechs that keeps me coming back.

Edited by ocular tb, 03 June 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#3 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

Its being an Inner Sphere jock and making my ancient tech work. Pulling those 1k games and rocking my 300ping. Always gets my fist pumping the air and my heart pumping. Its why I play. Plus trying to record and youtube is a really challenge on my Australian Internet. O/

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 03 June 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

Had a great weekend (finally got Ace of Spades). Had some rough matches but a lot of good ones.

Started to skill out my Linebacker/Med Pulse build and it's been fun as hell. Definitely might buy the hero just to get the better mounts.

Didn't have a lot of work to do these last few days so I actually managed to play for a proper session this weekend.

Sometimes, you have to forget all the salt and just remember how fun this game is. Play some fun builds, don't take things too seriously, watch some streams...

Fun builds are fine, but not ****** builds that can drag the team down. For example, your CMPL Linebacker build is completely fine to have fun with.

#5 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:05 AM

Be concerned about what you do to have fun.... A while ago, teams were important and your builds would affect "them" and "their" stats..... As seen above "can drag the team down",,,,,,,

Those days are gone and all you affect now are your stats..... If you are having a blast experimenting and looking for builds that make you efficient in your game play, that is the whole point of a game.......isn't it ! This is an arena FPS now.....

Remember, the 23 (11 directly) other people in QP/GP/FP are tied to what you do.....and, many of them are focused on their Leader Board position and statistics like W/L........ They will haunt you should you negatively influence their "vision" of MWO perfection and success..... This isn't to say that what they suggest is "wrong" because what they suggest may be 100% the best solution.... The problem is that those build "work for them:" and they see those build as a way to prevent potential damage to "their scores and their status" and it has little to do with you having fun...... Remember that....

Have fun first, always and this game will work for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users