#1 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

https://leaderboard....rch?u=nightbird

9 KDR in solo quick play? The pre-nerf Piranha couldn't touch this, could we get some nerfs here? Lights are not supposed to be good Posted Image

Edited by Nightbird, 03 June 2018 - 08:20 PM.

#2 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

Very nice.

On the off chance anyone wants to read too much into this and actually try to make this an actual 'Lights are OP' thread, keep in mind that Season 23 was the one where MM was completely blown open and virtually every match had a T1 to T4 spread. Pretty much everyone I know has completely inflated states from slamming potatoes. It was a ****** month, match wise.

Still OP, very nice. Still takes some doing to kill that much, potatoes or not.

#3 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Thanks! On the off chance that people don't understand sarcasm, this thread is intended to be criticism of the MG nerfs, aimed at Piranhas (a mediocre light), which also took an entire mode of game play (other MG lights and mediums) out of MWO.

#4 Hestan

• PipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

Good run, this is also why I am hesitant to get the new clan light. The cheetah will still be superior to the new mech.

#5 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:12 AM

View PostBombast, on 03 June 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Very nice.

On the off chance anyone wants to read too much into this and actually try to make this an actual 'Lights are OP' thread, keep in mind that Season 23 was the one where MM was completely blown open and virtually every match had a T1 to T4 spread. Pretty much everyone I know has completely inflated states from slamming potatoes. It was a ****** month, match wise.

Still OP, very nice. Still takes some doing to kill that much, potatoes or not.

What?! Admitting that Leader Board stats were directly influenced by a screwed up or completely in-op MM? That can not be !

OP the ACH is a great mech and any mech used correctly is a sight to behold ! Good job. I suspect MM is permanently in-op because there are so few people playing anymore..... That is sad but, it is the new reality...

Have fun OP, keep those Assault pilots honest.

#6 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

0/10

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostVonbach, on 04 June 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

0/10

Hahaha good one

#8 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

The Arctic cheater was nerfed for a reason and the Piranha will be too.

#9 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 June 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

Thanks! On the off chance that people don't understand sarcasm, this thread is intended to be criticism of the MG nerfs, aimed at Piranhas (a mediocre light), which also took an entire mode of game play (other MG lights and mediums) out of MWO.

...and still mouth breathing heavy and assault mech players complain. Currently lights are just useable for drive-by-shooting, with exception of the PIR. However, have a look at the average 35t mech. One lucky alpha and a part of your mech is gone

Edited by Bush Hopper, 04 June 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#10 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 04 June 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

...and still mouth breathing heavy and assault mech players complain. Currently lights are just useable for drive-by-shooting

Lights aren't supposed to be able to charge in and shear an assault mech like a sheep with massed MG's.
Thanks to the de sync assaults are largely helpless against lights and since theirs to HtH you
cant just punt a crotch hugging light mech. All you can do is scream for support.
Either Piranhas or MGs or both will get nerfed, we all saw this coming the moment the mech was released.

Edited by Vonbach, 04 June 2018 - 09:07 AM.

#11 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 June 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

What did they do to MGs? I still do fine with them. :l

#12 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:10 AM

View PostVonbach, on 04 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Lights aren't supposed to be able to charge in and shear an assault mech like a sheep with massed MG's.
Thanks to the de sync assaults are largely helpless against lights and since theirs to HtH you
cant just punt a crotch hugging light mech. All you can do is scream for support.
Either Piranhas or MGs or both will get nerfed, we all saw this coming the moment the mech was released.

You like to generalize, do you? Try to hug an assault in a Jenner, Wolfhound or whatever.

Also, the MGs are low range and if people would mount less lol-laser-spam weapons, then they could defend much better versus light mechs. Heck, if someone is a complete potato streaks are your friend

Edited by Bush Hopper, 04 June 2018 - 09:18 AM.

#13 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 04 June 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

You like to generalize, do you? Try to hug an assault in a Jenner, Wolfhound or whatever.

You don't even need to. Crotch hugging a mech to death is just trolling.
Most of the time an assault cant turn fast enough to reliably hit a light
thanks to the engine de sync. Enjoy the party while it lasts because it
wont last forever.

#14 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostHestan, on 03 June 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

Good run, this is also why I am hesitant to get the new clan light. The cheetah will still be superior to the new mech.

Since the new mech doesn't have JJs, it would have 3 more tons to work with. It also has a potentially higher top speed.

#15 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 04 June 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

What did they do to MGs? I still do fine with them. :l

But you can do great without them :D.

Vonbach, learn 2 assault. I don't see lights as more than fodder when I'm in one because I always run PPFLD.

#16 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostVonbach, on 04 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

I don't want this to become another MGs OP thread but I 100% agree. The reason they can and do is because that Assault is alone without support and without arm-mounted weapons or Streaks to scare off the MG Light on battlefield in a game where people are now aware there are two or three Light builds that boat MGs. The fault rests entirely with the Assaults here, folks. They've already nerfed the MGs and it hasn't changed anything because they weren't the problem.

I think the Cheetah, in general, is a great 'mech. It has a lot of veteran advice out there and it can bring some decent pain on a mobile platform with decent armor. I get the sarcasm intended but I just can't let the MG stuff go, lol

#17 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:29 AM

View PostNightbird, on 04 June 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

But you can do great without them Posted Image.
Well having 2 HML and a dozen machine guns gives me a lot of damage. Honestly, I haven't had much success with my Cheetah lately.

Vonbach, learn 2 assault. I don't see lights as more than fodder when I'm in one because I always run PPFLD.

Heh. I turned around in my 2x Hgauss Sleipnir one time. There was a PB.
*pchew* *pop*
"Get out of my face."

#18 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

Try 2HGauss victor, has a JJ and is one shot one kill against lights.

#19 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 June 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Lights are not supposed to be good Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Villainy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSomewhere there is Ramen

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Dude, my stats are a little off because my friend plays on my account from time to time, but I play roughly 35-40% of my games in Locusts. Lights aren't "OP," they're high risk high reward. If you aren't a potato and you play games with a little bit of tactics you'll do well because the brown grey sea is full of bobbing, floating potatoes.
I'm a pretty damn good Pirates Bane pilot. Dual Heavy Gauss ends my game pretty easily. It sure sounds like a lot of people in this thread aren't very good at directly shooting people... LRMs make you lazy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users