Mwo Wc 2018 Starts June 21St!

59 replies to this topic

#21 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:23 PM

I can see the highlanders, panthers, dragons, cataphracts and others that have armor bonuses being popular. Not to mention the Atlas will probably get chosen over the Annihilator... if only because the Anni's sacrifice engine rating and armor to carry the firepower that they do.

#22 Charon DOC Stock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationA partir de 100.000 C-Bills.

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

Ok, so now that we have a stock MWOWC maybe it is time to had a NO HEAT PENALTY option to the game.
https://mwomercs.com...-private-lobby/

Save the KGC-0000.

Edited by Doc Shmol, 04 June 2018 - 10:32 PM.

#23 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:46 PM

The only issue I see is that massive amounts of damage from airstrikes and artillery will take away from the novelty of the stock mechs.

#24 Croaker Munin

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

Stock mode?
Tell me please it is April 1st, no
but it is a joke right? IT must be a joke. No?

I am sorry but PGI has gone crazy.

#25 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:57 PM

What a pathetic Joke, this is PGIs Idea for its Championship . . . .

- even smaller Meta than befor with just a Handfull of viable Mechs
- with that few viable Mechs, less viable Tactics
- still the same old Grindfest with the Comp Queue
- allowing Strikes in a Stockmode . . . .

really wasn't expecting to much good changes, but this . . . . are they handing out Crack with the Maple Syrup in Canada?

#26 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Serious question, the wolfhound 1 (c) i hope you are making it the wolfhound 1 non champion for "stock loadout" ........ please clarify....

#27 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 04 June 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Serious question, the wolfhound 1 (c) i hope you are making it the wolfhound 1 non champion for "stock loadout" ........ please clarify....

As far as I know, champion mechs will be set to their non-champion stock loadout in stock mode, so all good with allowed champion mechs in stock mode.

Regarding the tournament rules, I had a good laugh because so many people raging about stock loadouts. Seriously, I think this is really refreshing, and I`d like to take part in it.
Yes, I can already see some mech variants being meta, but the rules are already taking care of this:

Drop Deck Restrictions
  • Maximum of 3 'Mechs per weight class
  • Total Drop Deck tonnage restricted to 480 tons
  • No duplicate chassis allowed

#28 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

The german community has run a couple of 3039 stock mode tournaments and to be honest those were by far the best MWO games I have every played.

It is an enjoyable mode. Do not hate on it before you try it. Heat management becomes important and a lot more weapon systems are viable then in "full mod comp".

Gameplay is a lot more tactical and it can be a valid choice to take out certain components instead of just CT and legshots.

IMHO the stock gameplay will be far better from a broadcasting/viewing side and there will be far more valid team compositions then people realize and ever saw in WC gameplay thus far.

Try it before you hate it, it is actually great fun.

#29 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:55 PM

Stock mode seems more like a Solaris 1v1/2v2 or side event kind of thing. Doesn't really fit for the main event of MWOWC. Especially since it is only getting announced a bit over 2 weeks before the start of the tourney.

#30 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

The german community has run a couple of 3039 stock mode tournaments and to be honest those were by far the best MWO games I have every played.

It is an enjoyable mode. Do not hate on it before you try it. Heat management becomes important and a lot more weapon systems are viable then in "full mod comp".

Gameplay is a lot more tactical and it can be a valid choice to take out certain components instead of just CT and legshots.

IMHO the stock gameplay will be far better from a broadcasting/viewing side and there will be far more valid team compositions then people realize and ever saw in WC gameplay thus far.

My Team played and won the last of this Stock Tournaments, there where about 30 Teams and after the first qualification Rounds all fun Teams where eliminatet and only Teams with experienced or Comp Players where left, guess what all Teams fielded almost the exact same Mechs, cause there are only a few viable and which kind of diverse Tactics are you talking about, what different components to shot at, there where only 2 viable option on Range encounters you go for CT and in Brawl you go for Legs!

I have to admit it was fun to do this for a short Tournament, but regarding skill and tactics, this wont be better than a regualr tournament, cause your options are so limitet, sure in the beginning you will see alot of fun teams who think they can competet with their beloved lrm pet mech, but in the end teams will field the 10-12 viable mechs that are viable under this rules, therefore the "Meta" for this tournament will be even smaller and predictable than last year!

#31 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

Total Drop Deck tonnage restricted to 480 tons

Does this mean "no more than 480 tons" or "must be exactly 480 tons"?

#32 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:59 AM

View PostArend, on 05 June 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

My Team played and won the last of this Stock Tournaments, there where about 30 Teams and after the first qualification Rounds all fun Teams where eliminatet and only Teams with experienced or Comp Players where left, guess what all Teams fielded almost the exact same Mechs, cause there are only a few viable and which kind of diverse Tactics are you talking about, what different components to shot at, there where only 2 viable option on Range encounters you go for CT and in Brawl you go for Legs!

I have to admit it was fun to do this for a short Tournament, but regarding skill and tactics, this wont be better than a regualr tournament, cause your options are so limitet, sure in the beginning you will see alot of fun teams who think they can competet with their beloved lrm pet mech, but in the end teams will field the 10-12 viable mechs that are viable under this rules, therefore the "Meta" for this tournament will be even smaller and predictable than last year!

Arend and how many different chassis do you see in full mod? 10-12 viable will actually be an upgrade.

Range CT and brawl legs is different in what way from full mod?

It is actually viable in stock mode to take a side torso when the mech has most of its weapons on a side and side torso+internals has less overall armor then legs or CT killshot.

We won the first of those stock tournaments, not that it matters for the current conversation.

#33 Charon DOC Stock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationA partir de 100.000 C-Bills.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:05 AM

CTF-4X? Where are you?
You are tech 1 and canon.

Edited by Doc Shmol, 05 June 2018 - 01:06 AM.

#34 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:17 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 05 June 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

Arend and how many different chassis do you see in full mod? 10-12 viable will actually be an upgrade.

Range CT and brawl legs is different in what way from full mod?

It is actually viable in stock mode to take a side torso when the mech has most of its weapons on a side and side torso+internals has less overall armor then legs or CT killshot.

Not sure where you are getting at. But last MRBC season showed that there are a lot of different chassis viable at the the top of the game. Because due to the variety of strats for the different map / modes you had all the options to select the mechs fitting your strat / map best.

PGIs problem last year was that due to the voting system you basically had only 2 maps with a given game mode to select from. After a certain time everybody found the best strat for those and thus we got the repetitive games.

It will be the same here too but much worse because the number of potentially viable mechs will be much lower.

#35 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:56 AM

"in response to everyones concern about only getting a few weeks to prepare . level out stock mechs for new mwowc tournament we are giving all players 50,000,000 cbills, 3 mech bays and 300 SP"

Of the 48 chassis, 33 have a variant that MAY be viable for Range Or brawl.

Of the 152 mechs listed (including doubleups from champion etc), 62 (including double up from champion etc) may be / could be seen without being laughed at during the intial months of mwowc.

Of the 152 listed i count 16 mechs that may be seen in the semi's .

#36 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

of 28 variants i consider ok for the intial months i have 13 so i guess i am doing better than most.

#37 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:34 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

So "the Germans" are to blame for this **** again. Posted Image

#38 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:22 AM

There is no "view stock mech" button in the MechLab. To view you must go to the store, which is a bit annoying.

#39 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:23 AM

View PostArend, on 05 June 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Do your stock tourneys ban all Level 2 and Clan tech as well? I think the list of competitive 3039 IS stock mechs would look very different from a list that pulled from all mechs currently in game.

#40 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 05 June 2018 - 03:23 AM, said:

Do your stock tourneys ban all Level 2 and Clan tech as well? I think the list of competitive 3039 IS stock mechs would look very different from a list that pulled from all mechs currently in game.

Stock Mech Tournaments usually are Tech Lvl 1, so yes no clan or advanced is tech!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users