• 107 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

Not seeing Piranha in store....

#22 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 05 June 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Also PGI stop these sales on Unlock camos only. Why? It still costs more the same as five applications of the camo. How many players are going to own five variants of the same chassis too make it worthwhile? A lot of chassis don't even have five variants and in most of those that do there tends to be a big overlap. The Hunchbacks that I own are all very different but that is the chassis gimmick. The Trebuchet has five variants and do you really believe that there are more than a very few amount of players who will look at each one and determine that all five are worth keeping because of relatively minor differences? One-shot and decal sales, please.

I could disagree with this a little. But, I would only disagree in so far as to say that there should be a simultaneous Sale on both the forms of Unlockable AND of One-Shot Camo Patterns. Some people will want to change their Paint Job and Camo Pattern a lot, and that's where the Unlockable ones really come into play. Could you imagine trying to spend out like 10 times to reapply a single Camo Pattern after having toggled it out due to mood swings in your painting desires? I could not, and that's where the Unlockables really come into play. :huh:

I don't really have an opinion towards the Decals, but that's only because I don't have a large array of them yet, preventing me from understanding design options well enough. Sales are still appreciated, though. :mellow:

~D. V. "Getting how you feel, but thinking there is a better solution..." Devnull

#23 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

I feel so lost without any events going on.

#24 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 05 June 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Two of them seem like they outright have their quirks mixed up. The one with 5 energy hardpoints and 2 missile hardpoints has missile quirks and the one with 2 energy hardpoints and 5 missile hardpoints has energy quirks.

That's intentional. The days of qurks favouring the hardpoints to the degree that they promoted boating ended a couple years ago.

I don't understand why they would launch a new mech for C-bills without putting it on sale.

Mechs NEVER go on sale when they release for MC or Cbills. We won't see the hellspawn going on sale until sometime after the piranha releases for c-bills.

#25 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

I love to buy at least one of every chassis but I am looking at these choices and going da fk do i do on this thing that i cant do better on something else.... if it was similar level id buy one but these just look this trash, im not making a 45 ton lurm boat and that seriously looks like the mechs best option......

#26 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 05 June 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

I love to buy at least one of every chassis but I am looking at these choices and going da fk do i do on this thing that i cant do better on something else.... if it was similar level id buy one but these just look this trash, im not making a 45 ton lurm boat and that seriously looks like the mechs best option......

That torso bay door really hurts it’s ability to brawl or do bombing runs... of course the terrible hit boxes don’t help either.
I just try to abuse the ECM and stay at range.

#27 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

I've wanted for a while, and now I have it. I like it, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I vaguely remember sticking a pair of UAC5s on one in MW4, but I don't think that's an option.

Oh, and the cockpit view is tiny and terrible.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 05 June 2018 - 06:31 PM.

#28 donkey crevice

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRedding Ca

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 05 June 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

I'm sure they will think of one soon my friend.

#29 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

I am thinking of getting the Hellspawn 8E as a support mech.

#30 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 05 June 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Make it so that if you fire 7+ MGs of any type, you start getting diminishing returns in rate of fire and/or crit chance...

I am in favor of the diminishing returns for crits the more you boat, but I'd put the start at 4x MGs... Reduce the multiplier by 10% for each extra MG being fired. (80% crit reduction at 12x MGs should be a sufficient limiter to their boating)

#31 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 05 June 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Me too, and pardon me while I get a little rant-ish. I like the Challenges that come in a single slate full of them, have a whole week or more to work on them, and come with a nice bundle of Rewards with their completion. (Daily ones just cause a "pressure cooker" on the mind, which is kind of cruel when people have other matters on their hands.) Most wanted items as of late are 'War Horns'/'Hanging Cockpit Items'/(C-Bills)/(MC)/'Pick-A-Prize Colors & Camo Patterns', because we're already a little flooded in terms of the 'Standing Cockpit Items' at this time. Having had a chance to analyze the New Supply Caches from others' results, those don't hold up to the level of award set by the Old Supply Caches. Heck, I don't like to be a harsh critic, but I want to see PGI's Staff improve and get more awesome as time goes on. :o

~D. V. "I'm in the same bucket right now... Just with 200% more thoughts..." Devnull

#32 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:26 AM

View PostTordin, on 05 June 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

If they got a brain, a CLUE on why Piranhas are dangerous. Its the mech NOT the MG's. Finally MG are kinda wortwhile ( flamers and rockets too in some situations) its just hilariously sad if they nerf them because of ONE mech.
Have a slight hope though. The mg's didnt get butchered after the Cheetah and Lynx got their MG pods.

Nerfing an okay weapon system because of a good chassis exploitng the advantages, makes other chassi dependent or at least more useful with mgs falling short... a blanket nerf WILL damage/ kill some mechs.

I dont have the Piranha quirks in my head now, but removing (along with the PIR's uniqueness of the chassi) some could do *shrugs* Just dont take it too far PGI, just dont!
Acc/ Dec

Exatcly same as with smaller laser nerf and Nova. PGi just being greedy and realsing mech with 12 of same type of hardpoints and then this happens. So yes expect MG nerf after Pirhana goes for C-bills.

#33 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:14 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 05 June 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

MG nerf in

MG nerf that actually counts in

out

for

cbills

FTFY! ^_^

#34 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 June 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

Me too, and pardon me while I get a little rant-ish. I like the Challenges that come in a single slate full of them, have a whole week or more to work on them, and come with a nice bundle of Rewards with their completion. (Daily ones just cause a "pressure cooker" on the mind, which is kind of cruel when people have other matters on their hands.)

Eh, the dailies are fun too. Having them last 2-3 days as last time is preferable, though - at one point I almost missed part of an event because of being too busy IRL.

#35 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:36 AM

View PostHorseman, on 06 June 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

Eh, the dailies are fun too. Having them last 2-3 days as last time is preferable, though - at one point I almost missed part of an event because of being too busy IRL.

Enjoy last evenings games. Real life is restricting the days and hours I play, so a 5 day to 8 day challenge would be appreciated.

#36 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:42 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 June 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

Me too, and pardon me while I get a little rant-ish. I like the Challenges that come in a single slate full of them, have a whole week or more to work on them, and come with a nice bundle of Rewards with their completion. (Daily ones just cause a "pressure cooker" on the mind, which is kind of cruel when people have other matters on their hands.) Most wanted items as of late are 'War Horns'/'Hanging Cockpit Items'/(C-Bills)/(MC)/'Pick-A-Prize Colors & Camo Patterns', because we're already a little flooded in terms of the 'Standing Cockpit Items' at this time. Having had a chance to analyze the New Supply Caches from others' results, those don't hold up to the level of award set by the Old Supply Caches. Heck, I don't like to be a harsh critic, but I want to see PGI's Staff improve and get more awesome as time goes on. Posted Image

~D. V. "I'm in the same bucket right now... Just with 200% more thoughts..." Devnull

Keep getting those New Supply Caches and you'll have plenty of decals in a month or two. The mech components are generally junk, but the frequent decal awards are very nice.
Higher level S7 caches supposedly give MC and other stuff, but I'm probably not going to put in the S7 time for them.

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 06 June 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

Keep getting those New Supply Caches and you'll have plenty of decals in a month or two. The mech components are generally junk, but the frequent decal awards are very nice.
Higher level S7 caches supposedly give MC and other stuff, but I'm probably not going to put in the S7 time for them.

Well, I guess having more Decals is something to appreciate... :)

Now pardon me here while I get long-winded, but I'm left wondering from what I've heard/seen (and this question is not directed at you but is meant more as a general open query), why didn't PGI put small amounts of (MC) into the New Supply Caches built up from Normal Match Progression? We have to put in one hell of a lot of effort to earn one, or trudge through on the order of 67 games in a worst-case situation. So, at least to me, it does not make sense to avoid giving something nice (compared to the Old Supply Caches) like small (MC) amounts (for example, at least 25 from a Supply Cache) that allows someone to build some up and choose later after they've gone through multiple New Supply Caches. At some point, people will have so many Decals that they feel flooded by those, and then there will be Duplicate earnings that go to waste, as I've heard those only give out tiny amounts of (C-Bills) on a Duplicate currently, where (MC) would have been more suitable in a small amount. When that point is reached, people will likely end up wondering why they were left without the ability to build up over time towards picking out their choice of Colors, Camo Patterns, War Horns, Bolt-Ons, and other nice things that could (and usually should) take a rather long while to acquire. Keep in mind, I'm not looking for the whole lock-stock-and-barrel to be easy pickings, but it seems like it should not be completely beyond reach either. :huh:

Sure, I've probably been left with a 'mental high bar' to compare any form of Supply Cache on, but I would like PGI to visibly improve in how well they do and their consistency in how often they happen to do it. Various Bugs (particularly persistent ones in the interface), the overuse of the Nerf Bat, and the lack of needed tutorial information (because many can not understand a game mode without being told how to do it) and/or game modes (particularly with some existing ones needing infinite respawn in order to actually make the objective worth something) that should be there, have all lead to people being massively disillusioned in terms of enjoying MWO, which caused the Community to lose many out the door... I guess I'm just one nut who still wants to remove the sting out of things, and create a positive future where MWO won't die out. :unsure:

Damn, I get too long-winded sometimes. Sorry if it seems like I've blown your ears off. I think I'm going to head to the battlefield and see if I can't do something about my Sale-induced lack of (C-Bills) in my pocket right now. :(

~Mr. D. V. "unfortunately seeing a stack of flaws build up without solutions" Devnull

#38 AzureRathalos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 05 June 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

MG nerf in

Don't forget about the salt on the other side as well!

There's going to be a number of non-Light pilots that are going to pick up a Piranha after being nibbled to death by one or seeing skilled players chew through teams. Instead of murdering people, however, they will get murdered. Then they will, very vocally, complain about how the Piranha doesn't do enough damage and/or is too fragile and needs a serious buff.

#39 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

My streak cat is looking forward to more sushi in its diet...

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 06 June 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

My streak cat is looking forward to more sushi in its diet...

Streaks? Meh... ATMs + Lasers... Then an ECM can't shut you down. :P

Jokes aside, that's my opinion. But if Streaks work for you, have fun. :D

~D. V. "Thinking it might be fun to watch you wash a Piranha off someone else's back..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users