A Plea To Units On Both Sides

56 replies to this topic

#1 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

Due to the large number of newer players coming in to FP recently and the posts about teamplay etc. it might be really useful if all the major, and hopefully minor, units could agree to have a presence on a single Teamspeak hub.

It would be great to see everyone online on Comstar NA or FRR hub, even if you are using your own TS server in the backgroun, having everyone visible in a single location would really help to make the most of the community we have left, introduce new players to grouping up and give them a single point of call to meet people and get in to groups.

Personally I would love that to be on the Comstar NA hub as it is all factions, allowing everyone to get together easily, although this thread is also to gather the hubs that other people would want to use so we could have a vote on it.

Please reply below if you would be up for committing to having a presence on a particular server, even if you are communicating on your own TS, and which hub you would prefer to use. (there is nothing stopping people from playing on FRR hub but us agreeing to be on another hub to meet newer players, just join 2 tabs when you boot TS).

Edit: increased clarity of purpose.

Edited by UnKnownPlayer, 07 June 2018 - 11:11 AM.

#2 Iceman486

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorence

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

i agree, the issue is though of getting the tryhard units on clan or IS to commit.

#3 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

Yeah if people could pass this on to the clanners or US / AU TZ people then that would be great, the more people that commit the better.

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:29 AM

House Davion Teamspeak is always open, and we're pretty active like 8:00PM EST through 2:00AM EST most nights. If you see a group of people in a channel, feel free to jump in, wait a second to see if they're currently talking about something or in a drop, and then ask if they have room for another player. Rooms are marked "Faction Play", or "Quick Play" so you can tell what you'll be getting into.

ts3.hhod.com:7345

#5 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

I think that all the hubs work this way Esienhorne, the point here is that I am trying to get people to suggest which SINGLE ts hub that we would all like to maintain a presence on so that new players can find units easily, It just means having unit members / officers from ALL units logged in to a single hub so that people can find you. When i get a list of people preferences for that then I will make a poll to vote for one I guess.

#6 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 07 June 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

It would be great to see everyone online on Comstar NA or FRR hub, even if you are using your own TS server in the backgroun, having everyone visible in a single location would really help to make the most of the community we have left, introduce new players to grouping up and give them a single point of call to meet people and get in to groups.

Personally I would love that to be on the Comstar NA hub as it is all factions, allowing everyone to get together easily.

Will spread the word!

It has Dropship rooms right at the top, PERFECT for players to get into groups and work together!!!

25 individual Dropship rooms.

Edited by TWIAFU, 07 June 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#7 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

BCMC picked a new home after Comstar gave us a couple of weeks and then didn't respond to emails.

It is also run poorly.

Have absolutely zero intention of ever going back there. We did however pick a known and social server and it already has paid off with a couple of new friends and a guy we got to fall in love with brawl Orion IIC.

#8 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

View PostS O L A I S, on 07 June 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

BCMC picked a new home after Comstar gave us a couple of weeks and then didn't respond to emails.

It is also run poorly.

Have absolutely zero intention of ever going back there. We did however pick a known and social server and it already has paid off with a couple of new friends and a guy we got to fall in love with brawl Orion IIC.

Don't call CC's server poorly run, he'll get insulted!

#9 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 07 June 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

He doesn't care as long as we kill comstar and get everyone over where they belong.... One unit united under Cobra!!!

#10 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 07 June 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

He was referring to Comstar. Cobra TS is the best. :)

#11 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

So...... back on topic.

It would be great if we could make a central contact point for new players which all units would be happy with having a presence on. Let's try and keep it positive and talk about where we WOULD like to be rather than where we wouldn't.

Also, would you be ok with using CbR TS for a hub CC? if not then it isn't an option.

#12 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

It's fine to use our TS as a hub. I can increase the amount of people allowed. Just give me a few days notice so I can see the message, get online and upgrade our space.

#13 Iceman486

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorence

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

As the leader of a unit in Comstar, i would like too stay in the comstar teamspeak, it's the problem on if im gonna get leader rights in another teamspeak or not on if i choose to migrate over.

#14 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 07 June 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

So...... back on topic.

It would be great if we could make a central contact point for new players which all units would be happy with having a presence on. Let's try and keep it positive and talk about where we WOULD like to be rather than where we wouldn't.

Also, would you be ok with using CbR TS for a hub CC? if not then it isn't an option.

The reality is though that lots have gone to discord (which I hate and don't use), and MS just got there very own so unlikely they are going to go anywhere. Lots of old units are still around holding onto their TS. FRR hub is pretty open and hosts a bunch.

It's just not going to happen and in my opinion it would be much easier to try and maintain an updated list of TS's and discords for people to go to for current info on active servers and where they might find people.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

A lot of clan loyalists units have thier own TS so hard to do. (Like ARC7)

But hey, in game VOIP works..

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

cc runs a good TS, is around a lot and gets along with pretty much everyone. A lot of people have that TS address in their bookmarks already.

#17 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

cc runs a good TS, is around a lot and gets along with pretty much everyone. A lot of people have that TS address in their bookmarks already.

Just be aware he can be like the Borg and pilfer pilots with his charm and wit. ;)

#18 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 07 June 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

The reality is though that lots have gone to discord (which I hate and don't use), and MS just got there very own so unlikely they are going to go anywhere. Lots of old units are still around holding onto their TS. FRR hub is pretty open and hosts a bunch.

It's just not going to happen and in my opinion it would be much easier to try and maintain an updated list of TS's and discords for people to go to for current info on active servers and where they might find people.

Honestly, we can do this for Discord AND TS then people have places to go. The point of the thread is to find out if this will work or not by gathering as many responses as possible. Saying this will not work will only put people off giving it consideration, please allow people to provide their own responses rather than answering for the community.

#19 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

People can often be... should we say.. emotionally hurt after a match and often want to go into the TS of the units they faced to noise bomb, troll, etc. That's why if the TS doesn't give participants absolute power over who can speak, poke, message etc, it won't happen.

#20 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 07 June 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Honestly, we can do this for Discord AND TS then people have places to go. The point of the thread is to find out if this will work or not by gathering as many responses as possible. Saying this will not work will only put people off giving it consideration, please allow people to provide their own responses rather than answering for the community.

Sorry if you don't like my responses but I am speaking for only BCMC. I don't represent the whole community, but again I am of the strong opinion that there will be no way to convince everyone to get on one hub and feel that my suggestion of a centralized and up to date list would be more realistic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users