1 reply to this topic

#1 Gurnhawk

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

I already posted this in the wrong section by mistake Posted Image
This post is intended as criticism and not aimed to be rude or in any way offensive.

Original Reddit Post:
https://www.reddit.c...warrior_online/

Context:

The reason it should not be called Mechwarrior Online World Championship is because the rule set is simply not aimed at Mechwarrior Online standard competitive play, which is what Mechwarrior Online World Championships should be about.

MWO is about 4 weight classes, hundreds of different chassis and mechlab options. The standard game play for MWO is 12v12 quick play or just quick play in general. The game might be currently under the impression that it is something to do with Solaris, but looking at the queues it clearly speaks for itself. People do not play this game with Solaris being the main source of enjoyment.

The typical World championship was previously established as being 8v8, 2 from each weight class with open mechlabing and limited restrictions on mechs in consideration of MC mechs being unavailable to all contestants. This is what MWO WC should be as it represents what MWO is about at the highest levels of competitive gameplay. Taking away any of these elements removes what it means to be MWO World Championships.

The current rule set which can be found here clearly removes not just one but multiple instances of what MWO World Championships should be. I will not be going into detail about which parts have been replaced as it is quite self explanatory.

I personally have never heard of a world championship event where people are expected to compete in one field, only to be judged in another. There are many ways to portray this but i shall only use one simple example.

Imagine if Riot games hosted a league of legends world championship, but decided to change the rules of the tournament. Only support champions were allowed and only certain items in a specific order could be bought from the shop.

Would this still be considered the league of legends world championship?

Should the current rule set be called MWO WC?

This could just be my opinion but i think if most other e-sport leagues saw this it could become one of the greatest memes in history.

#2 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

it already IS the greatest meme in history ( OF MWO), the comp teams have litterally said F it, and the less comp teams are like MEH.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users