Permanent Mute

5 replies to this topic

#1 SquishiestSquish

Rookie

• The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:23 AM

Give us the ability to permanently mute a player, i keep running into these same three guys that are using in game voip like its their own personal chat service. now this would only be a slight problem, if it weren't for it being magnified by a hundred due to them being the most vile individuals I have ever encountered. I do not want to have to mute each one individually every single match. I shouldn't have to either. i should be able to mute them ONCE and NEVER hear them EVER AGAIN.

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:39 AM

What if:

... I could block a player and when he (or she) is in the block list I could "permanently mute" said blocked player.

#3 TheoLu

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNapier, South Africa

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:20 AM

You've got the option to report them for VoIP spam or abuse. If they want to continue behaving counter to what's expected of the community at large, they can get their special treatment that way. Voice chat services which don't impact on others' play exist for them out of game already; if they're insistent, they can make use of those.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

I think that the game still transmits VOIP data even when you turn off VOIP. I'd like an option to block it out completely, including not receiving VOIP data in my game when I am playing on low bandwidth connections. The moment anyone talks on VOIP on a low bandwidth game it just utterly kills the ping.

#5 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostHurbie, on 15 June 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

What if:

... I could block a player and when he (or she) is in the block list I could "permanently mute" said blocked player.

Putting a player on Block list (while in match) it will automatically mute them 99% of the time.
However, if you ever exit, or log out of MWO, or get disconnected then...
ALL players on your block list are un-muted again.

At least that's how MWO works for me, and I can't recall any game with built in VoIP that works this way, and most have a block/mute list option, even in older games with only text chats don't unmute on relog.
Anyways really wish PGI Devs would fix it because there's been more then a few players who left game because of this bug/bad-design-choice/error and it might give them a reason to try playing MWO again?

Edited by Max Rickson, 15 June 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#6 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users