2-4 Premade V. 1 Solo: Let's Do This!

21 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

Just as in the title.

They moved my other thread asking for this mode to K-town for being "unconstructive." I am asking, as constructively as humanly possible, for a mode in which premades of 2-4 can hunt down and destroy a solo player who will be involuntarily dropped into the mode. Who doesn't think that would be a lot of fun?

I want this and I know there are other players who want this.

If it is unconstructive to propose game modes that give solos no choice but to play at a disadvantage to other players in that mode, why is my proposition being singled out?

C'mon, casual small groups! Let's get this *VERY CONSTRUCTIVE* conversation started!

#2 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:25 AM

View PostMister Glitchdragon, on 15 June 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

If it is unconstructive to propose game modes that give solos no choice but to play at a disadvantage to other players in that mode, why is my proposition being singled out?

Posted Image

#3 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

I dunno man. The snark and mocking tone of the first post with the eyes wide open and innocent routine with repost after it got K-Town'd is not going to endear you to the Mods. Posted Image

#4 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

Let's be fair, if one did not know the topic OP is making fun of (and the previous thread I guess), this might pass for a legit request around here.

#5 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostHaipyng, on 15 June 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

I dunno man. The snark and mocking tone of the first post with the eyes wide open and innocent routine with repost after it got K-Town'd is not going to endear you to the Mods. Posted Image

What snark? Did I openly voice an opinion regarding solos and how they should experience this game with which others around here obviously concur?

I don't know why you are pushing back against this.

It's simple: A 2-4 man group drops into this mode just as they would into group queue, and the mm grabs a solo waiting for a match in the solo queue. Everyone votes on map selection, you all queue up and away you go! No more wait times!

Don't you think this would be a fun mode for you and your friends? Wouldn't it be a great way to introduce your new friends to the game in a controlled, welcoming environment? Can we just have this constructive conversation? I'm telling you, this is the NPE we're all waiting for!

I ask you, Haipying, were it to be implemented, what would be the downside?

#6 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

We get that you're frustrated. If you want fair teams and matches, here's an idea that achieves that: https://mwomercs.com...-dynamic-teams/

If you just want to vent, by all means continue.

#7 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostNightbird, on 15 June 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

We get that you're frustrated. If you want fair teams and matches, here's an idea that achieves that: https://mwomercs.com...-dynamic-teams/

If you just want to vent, by all means continue.

Who's venting? I've given this a lot of thought. I'm asking for a game mode that drops a 2-to-4-man premade group against a solo player, who has no choice in the matter.

It'd be fun and would allow casual groups of new players to get into the game with minimal discouragement. No wait times, not a lot of work programming to set it up, and fun for everyone!

Everyone wants me to stop suggesting this, but no one is giving me any reasons why they oppose it. I don't understand.

Edited by Mister Glitchdragon, 15 June 2018 - 12:21 PM.

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

Who's

#9 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostNightbird, on 15 June 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

Who's

Thanks for the correction and the bump! Are you down with this or what?

#10 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

Screw that. That would be like me dropping in QP and accidentially getting Solaris. You are robbing people of agency. It has already explained to you that existing gamemodes can be utilized to get satisfying matches.

It is more onerous to disadvantage others then to alter your own behavior.

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

I'm down with fair teams and balanced matches.

#12 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

Screw that. That would be like me dropping in QP and accidentially getting Solaris.

Or like dropping into a solo qp match expecting to be put against other solos but instead dropping against premades.

Is that what all the resistance is about? I thought it was a game-mechanics issue or programming or something. LOL. Are we really shedding crocodile tears about solos and how they experience the game when me and my casual 2-4 man group want to have fun? I'm telling you, my friends who are interested in the game won't even try it because they can't have this!

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

You are robbing people of agency.

False. Solos get to vote on the map.

#13 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostNightbird, on 15 June 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'm down with fair teams and balanced matches.

Note that it would be limited to *casual* small groups (2-4 only). Sheesh! There's really no way to attain *perfect* match balance, you know.

Edited by Mister Glitchdragon, 15 June 2018 - 12:56 PM.

#14 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

Which mech can survive 4 on 1 against non-damaged mechs? Not many.

What mech survives four Bushwackers? Four Piranhas, etc?

The outcome is preordained and incapable of balance by design. Tiers are meaningless, there is no group PSR. Your proposal is farce. Adjust for skill= long *** waits. Adjust for map and mech choice= long *** waits.

Why not just ask for bot mode? That's clearly what you want. Just wait until MW5 if you want to screw around with friends.

Edited by Spheroid, 15 June 2018 - 12:59 PM.

#15 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

I think OP's point is going right over some peoples' heads.

#16 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

A bit melodramatic, aren't we?

I totally see where the "please allow 2 man groups in qp" crowd is coming from, I was in the same boat when I started playing and wanted to convince a friend to join me. Naturally, as 2 noobs we get WTFPWNED in group queue, and sync dropping is a pain and unreliable. Needless to say, I couldn't convince him to join.

I absolutely believe mwo is missing out on potential players due to how small groups work atm.

I also ofcourse see the potential for abuse with 2 good players groupdropping in qp.

Maybe there could be a noob flag on new accounts that allows them to 2 man in qp, a flag that would get dropped after so and so long/so and so many games, or after getting higher match scores than is reasonable for noobs.

#17 Blue Vermin

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

I didn't see the original post, so I can't tell for sure how trolly this thread is. Either way, it sounds...not fun.

BV

#18 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Which mech can survive 4 on 1 against non-damaged mechs? Not many.

What mech survives four Bushwackers? Four Piranhas, etc?

The outcome is preordained and incapable of balance by design. Tiers are meaningless, there is no group PSR. Your proposal is farce. Adjust for skill= long *** waits. Adjust for map and mech choice= long *** waits.

Why not just ask for bot mode? That's clearly what you want. Just wait until MW5 if you want to screw around with friends.

The problem spheroid, is that you are treating him like legit. He's just trolling because of those two other threads that's asking for small groups to merge with solo. I kinda feel like the joke has gotten out of hand. So it's now officially people in on the joke versus mods that don't see this as funny. I am dying to see who wins.

Btw I don't see much issue with 2 people drop into solo. [Redacted]

But if that's not against the rule? Then mods, leave me alone. I pay just as much money on this game as you do.

Edited by draiocht, 15 June 2018 - 03:34 PM.
name & shame

#19 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

@Luminis: Please translate then so this topic can be resolved and closed. Indirect communication wastes everyone's time.

Views should be stated clearly and concisely so that those in opposition can efficiently rebutt. I am not here for humor or trolling. I find that everywhere else on the internet.

Edited by Spheroid, 15 June 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#20 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Why not just ask for bot mode?

Where's the fun in that?

Look, me and my friends are CASUALS. We're not good at the game, and we're often drunk or stoned or both and we just want to horse around or introduce new friends to the game. We want to play the mechs we want to play the way we want to play and we don't want to "git gud." We want to thrash other players and we don't want to lose, ever.

Once again for the people in the back: 2-4 man premade groups against one solo player. This will make us happy (and a lot of other people around here who are afraid to admit it!)

This is a constructive discussion. Please respond responsibly.

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Indirect communication wastes everyone's time.

Swift weeps.

Edited by Mister Glitchdragon, 15 June 2018 - 01:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users