Did They Just Battlefield Promote A Bunch Of T5?

46 replies to this topic

#21 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Lol just met a 9000 game moron... even worse...

#22 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

I'm playing less and less now due to QP not being as fun as it used to be. Maybe I'll move to Faction Play as I am getting tired of QP matches where not many FORM UP and fight like a team. You would expect players in Tire 3 and 2 would play correctly right? Posted Image

Edited by Christophe Ivanov, 18 June 2018 - 10:41 AM.

#23 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

View PostChristophe Ivanov, on 18 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

I'm playing less and less now due to QP not being as fun as it used to be. Maybe I'll move to Faction Play as I am getting tired of QP matches where not many FORM UP and fight like a team. You would expect players in Tire 3 and 2 would play correctly right? Posted Image

Nope, welcome to the glorious QP que, a herd of cats.

#24 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

View PostChristophe Ivanov, on 18 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Well you can take a break from QP occasionally to cool down or try for FP, either way you'll be playing MWO less.

#25 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

T3 is mostly competent, it's when you get mixed with the dingleberries that aged their way into 1 that the lulz happen. You can tell because nobody uses a mic, and everyone runs about like headless chickens spamming the command wheel :P I usually greet my team now on voice chat to see if I get a response back. If you can strike up a conversation at the ready up phase, the game's probably going to be enjoyable.

#26 Cnaiur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

View PostLt Blackthorn, on 18 June 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

> thinking Tier has anything to do with skill

Hilarious. PSR is an xp bar, and its relationship to skill is incidental at best. Tier 1 is full of window lickers who got there through sheer pig-headed attrition. And the best part: that founder in an LRM Atlas who only does 100 damage every game is considered to be the same quality of player as Proton, Bowser, and any number of scary af hard-carry players out there.

That last sentence is the money quote. This weekend I was put on a team with 3 top 0.25% players. In solo QP. The enemy team didn’t have anybody even as highly ranked as my teams 4th best player. The outcome was never in doubt and resulted in a brutal, boring stomp. The sad thing is this jacked up match making happens all the time. Because to the match maker, Taters McMechdad is just as good a pilot as the top comp players.

#27 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:26 PM

View PostMookan, on 18 June 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Let's be honest this game is not about skill at all (ok aiming for weak spots helps), it is a simple output more damage than the opposition = win.

Uh, no. This game is absolutely about skill. The difference between a top 1% pilot and an average pilot is massive and it makes a huge difference in outcomes.

#28 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,792 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Hello all,

I watch a lot of Baradul's videos/streams. He's T1, and I assume that when he drops in solo Q, the other players on his team are, if not top tier, at least experienced. Funny thing is, the matches he posts appear to be just as chaotic as mine in T4. Granted, he probably cherry-picks the most entertaining ones to post, perhaps pruning out the ones where everyone is running meta and coordinating effectively.

Good hunting,
CFC conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 18 June 2018 - 12:35 PM.

#29 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:37 PM

Sorry but i see no quality in QP at all, no matter when and no matter if Solo or Group Queue.

Its almost disgusting to see the egoism during Events. Nobody cares for no one, its exactly the opposite of what it should be.

Sometimes i feel like being in a zoo in YoloQ.

#30 Cnaiur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 18 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hello all,

I watch a lot of Baradul's videos/streams. He's T1, and I assume that when he drops in solo Q, the other players on his team are, if not top tier, at least experienced. Funny thing is, the matches he posts appear to be just as chaotic as mine in T4. Granted, he probably cherry-picks the most entertaining ones to post, perhaps pruning out the ones where everyone is running meta and coordinating effectively.

Good hunting,
CFC conky

Do you think we should tell him? Somebody’s got to tell him.

#31 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostCnaiur, on 18 June 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Do you think we should tell him? Somebody’s got to tell him.

Keep the dream alive!

#32 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

View PostJzaltheral, on 18 June 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Stupidity isn't painful in MWO. That's the only explanation I can think if.

More properly, stupidity also comes with a big helping of pain tolerance.

Posted Image

It helps every time the skillsharks bite.

#33 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 18 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hello all,

The only difference is that the players in T1 have had longer to steep in their own failures, making them pickled potatoes.

Posted Image

There is no punishment for being a doofus and letting a lucky random skilled player carry you, other than a longer trip to T1. You have to actually be incapable of basic game functions to stay at the bottom.

#34 Mookan

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

I still feel the only real 'skill' in this game is co-ordination which can be boom or bust with QP, not everyone owns/wants to use a headset.

What I don't get is that the popular maps (HPG, Canyon, Mining etc.) all end up playing the same way. 1 team maneuvers into a poor location and usually gets nascar'd by the other.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. (5 points if you know what psychological condition that describes).

#35 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 June 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

I graduated QP a long time ago. Now I mostly play FP, and Solaris.

Actually it's interesting that you should say this, because if more good players 'graduated' like you then QP and FP/Solaris would actually be better. Obviously you can't enforce that sort of thing and there's not enough players to divide into more buckets but in an ideal world...

#36 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

I will make the EVIL for QP (even with way less quality).

I troll QP so hard that no one enjoys it...^^

Come to FP, we have cookies and beer!

#37 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

View PostMookan, on 18 June 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

I still feel the only real 'skill' in this game is co-ordination which can be boom or bust with QP, not everyone owns/wants to use a headset.

What I don't get is that the popular maps (HPG, Canyon, Mining etc.) all end up playing the same way. 1 team maneuvers into a poor location and usually gets nascar'd by the other.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. (5 points if you know what psychological condition that describes).

"...is insanity .", a quote often attributed to A.Einstein, though that is not verifiable afaik .

Please donate my 5 points to 'Mechdads Anonymus .

Edited by Besh, 19 June 2018 - 01:01 AM.

#38 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:37 AM

View PostCloves, on 17 June 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Are you saying it’s bad out there? If so, then blame the event and folks giving a tie to thier dads.

The fathers day event was fine.

Firestarters that are equal if not bigger than some mediums on the other hand....

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 19 June 2018 - 01:37 AM.

#39 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 19 June 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

The fathers day event was fine.

Firestarters that are equal if not bigger than some mediums on the other hand....

The event in question was the is hipster mech challenges, the Father’s Day event was quite reasonable, but may folks may not have played on Father’s Day itself due to reserving family time.

#40 Cnaiur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

View PostMookan, on 18 June 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Not even close to true. One of the top comp players has dropped a ton of solo queue matches this month and I’ve been on his team a number of times. I can’t remember him saying anything, in text chat or over VOIP. He just does his thing, carries most of the time, and never makes a peep, let alone coordinating things. That’s usually the case I find with the top players; they’re seldom interested in herding cats. But it doesn’t change the fact that they perform better than everyone else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users