#1 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

Criteria Completion
Earn 2 Defensive Kill 0 / 2

Defensive kills consist on killing someone while he is in the box of a CONQUEST or ASSAULT capture area. They are rare in conquest, very rare in QP assault and almost unseen in FW assault mode. At any rate you can not produce it if the enemy doesn't attempt to cap the base, and that's going to be the case 95% of the time.

It's just a war horn so simply do not try to complete that challenge, it might happen if you are lucky but it's not worth to go out of your way to try and complete it.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

i got one seemingly on accident.

#3 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:40 AM

There seems to be misleading info on this.

Do defensive kill count toward ONLY the person making the final kill? Or do "defensive" assist count too?

Cause if scenario 1, it's going to be hard EVEN if whole team cap all the time. Cause, realistically, there are only 30 minutes. If team A is capping, team B is defending and not giving team A the chance to do the challenge.

Also, you would need to kill at the minimum of 24 to satisfy the whole team condition, which is unrealistic considering most fights don't occur at the base.

(not to mention, the spawn point is so close to the base, no one really push the base unless it's like wave 4, which, limits the possibility to get this done even more)

#4 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:45 AM

I got one, and that's all I'm getting unless I put in another 2 hours for 4 more matches...which I'm not.

I am skipping siege tomorrow, so I'm done with the event. It was pretty good overall.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:45 AM

Got mine in 3 matches.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:07 AM

i played a couple more hours and gave up.

#7 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

Went 5 winning matches without having a chance to get one...got 5 in the next match, where we got smoked.

In my case the difference was in the match I got it, I was only grouped up with 3 competent friends and at least 7 of the others were pretty bad. We faced a competent opponent who pushed us back to our base the last 3 waves....and they tried to get the cap win. So, we lost....badly....but we had plenty of chances to get defensive kills. So, I think it’s much easier if you play with PUGs, face a decent group and lose badly.....I’m sure PGI knew what they were doing to line up a prize condition that is much tougher to get if you are actually winning matches...lol, c’mon PGI..

#8 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:11 AM

In the end I did complete the challenge, since it turns out that if YOU are capping and a defender comes into the box and you kill him it will count as defensive kill too. I wasn't really focusing on getting it, but it was a nice surprise to achieve it as I was having fun in FW.

The game mode has tons of problems but when you have been quick playing for a long time it's a nice way to burn some time. One of the most important problems is the absence of a true match maker, say what you want about MM in quick play but when yo play FW you have to be blind not to appreciate the task MM does in quick play... at times I even felt guilty firing at some of my targets becuase of how very inexperienced they were.

I will repost this image by a user on this forums, sorry forgot his name, but it's just so great:
Posted Image

Of course you got to replace Atlas with H Gauss Cyclops nowadays, but other than that it remains fully applicable.

#9 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

i think i read it is do damage to an enemy capper 10 seconds or less b4 he dies. since the event requires a base capture 'win' it should be doable.tho i havent completed it, maybe today.

#10 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 August 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Got mine in 3 matches.
had a few of them already when they released them the first event they had with then :P

#11 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:00 AM

So how do you do it? Just kill someone while they are in the box? Either in yours or theirs?
I tried for this 3 times but felt bad hanging around the base, so I just went and killed things.

#12 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostBrizna, on 06 August 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

In the end I did complete the challenge, since it turns out that if YOU are capping and a defender comes into the box and you kill him it will count as defensive kill too. I wasn't really focusing on getting it, but it was a nice surprise to achieve it as I was having fun in FW.

The game mode has tons of problems but when you have been quick playing for a long time it's a nice way to burn some time. One of the most important problems is the absence of a true match maker, say what you want about MM in quick play but when yo play FW you have to be blind not to appreciate the task MM does in quick play... at times I even felt guilty firing at some of my targets becuase of how very inexperienced they were.

I will repost this image by a user on this forums, sorry forgot his name, but it's just so great:
Posted Image

Of course you got to replace Atlas with H Gauss Cyclops nowadays, but other than that it remains fully applicable.

Ok, that is the funniest piece of MWO fan art I've ever seen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users